Post Likes

Fugitsu AOU18RLB vs Mitsubishi MUZ-GL12NA

Hey guys. I need to install a split system in my garage. I found contractors to install both units for the same exact price. I was wondering which one you thought would be best as far as more quality product? I understand one unit is 12000 BTUs and the other is 18000 BTUs. I'm just curious on which is a better bang for my buck? Thank you.

Post Likes
    K
    What size do you need?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pecmsg View Post
    K
    What size do you need?
    Well one says 12000 is adequate and the other said the extra btu's will be beneficial in the winter

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by helpingfriendly View Post
    Well one says 12000 is adequate and the other said the extra btu's will be beneficial in the winter
    There guessing, show them both the door.
    when there willing to do a complete Manual "J" Heat load / loss calculation they can come back!

Post Likes
    How cold does it get? How warm do you want it? Most gas garage heaters run from 45K to 90K to handle bitter weather.

Post Likes
    I, too, am a little concerned about the sizing for the application. More information is needed but I'm skeptical, climate dependant.

I don't have much Mistubishi experience but it is hard not to consider the Fujitsu 15RLS3Y when looking at the Fujitsu you mentioned. It's not much more money than the RLB, has higher heat output and higher efficiency. We primarily install Fujitsu and Daikin. For single head applications, the RLS3 series is usually our recommendation.

Post Likes
    Do you have room for a conventional air handler? You can put it on a stand with an open return or mount it on the wall, put a supply plenum on top with flat grilles. This way, you can have an electric heater kit to add more heat if necessary. Won’t be as quiet, but will do the job in winter.