Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pageyjim View Post
    You say you check for CO but haven't done a combustion analysis. Do you just check the ambient air?
    Just have a fluke co-220 tester and I check for spillage from exhaust vents and check supply registers

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    I demanded my employees take a lunch break. I believe the break actually improves production, quality, and safety. Seven scheduled calls to be completed by end of an eight hour shift is a pipe dream. Go back rate must be really high , imo

Post Likes
    Around here and in most places a 30 minute lunch is a requirement as well as 15 minute break in the morning and afternoon.
    Can someone please explain to me -
    Why is there never enough time to do it right the first time, but plenty of time to do it twice?

Please view site rules: http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=1241

Apply for Pro Membership: http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=116113

Find your local HVAC-Talk Contractor: http://hvac-talk.com/aop

Post Likes
    30 mins unpaid meal break after 6 hrs required.

1) 15 min paid break for every 4 hrs

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pecmsg View Post
    30 mins unpaid meal break after 6 hrs required.

1) 15 min paid break for every 4 hrs
    Federal law does not require breaks or lunch breaks. Most states do not require employers to give lunch breaks.

As I said if a lunch break is not taken or if it is interrupted it cannot be deducted by federal law.

As for New York state where you seem to be from

Under Section 162 of the New York State Labor Law Code, employees are entitled to at least a 30-minute lunch break without exception unless the employee voluntarily waives his or her right to lunch.

https://www3.swipeclock.com/blog/sta...t-breaks-laws/

Bottom line workers should know the few rights and protections they have and they should keep track of their hours and records.

Another little known law is that if a worker is paid spiffs or incentives on a regular basis they would have to be calculated into their OT rates. In those cases it is not simply 1.5 times their regular rate. This too applies for 2 years and up to 3 years for past offenders.
    Signature removed Violated rule #15

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by 503 Hvac View Post
    Just have a fluke co-220 tester and I check for spillage from exhaust vents and check supply registers

I won one of those 20 years ago in a work contest. I am assuming it is supplied by the company. If you come up with an issue do you have someone in the company come out with a combustion analyzer?
    Signature removed Violated rule #15

Post Likes
    October, 77 degrees....not many, but a welcome break in the routine.

Post Likes
    Went on a "look/see" for an outdoor WIR, "WIR warm" was the call. 7 hrs later the WIR was at 36-38*F. So, just 1 call for the day!!!! . Damn ,by the OP standard I have 6 more calls to do, I think I will be tired by "days end". But they were nice enough to provide a damn good burger/fries.That burger came from a cold RI Refrig,not the WI.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by TechmanTerry View Post
    Went on a "look/see" for an outdoor WIR, "WIR warm" was the call. 7 hrs later the WIR was at 36-38*F. So, just 1 call for the day!!!! . Damn ,by the OP standard I have 6 more calls to do, I think I will be tired by "days end". But they were nice enough to provide a damn good burger/fries.That burger came from a cold RI Refrig,not the WI.
    Was that the one I gave you?

Post Likes
    Hey 503 HVAC - let me know if you want to make a change. I need a good tech, or two. Central coast area.

The Lord must love stupid people or he wouldn't have made so many.

Why is it that when I am in a hurry, everyone else on the road goes 15 MPH under the speed limit?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12