Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
    Post Likes

California Schools

Quote Originally Posted by pageyjim View Post
    CA really needs to be spending more per pupil than they do now. They rank with many of the poorer uneducated states actually.
    Money does not always equate to students learning more...fact is the USA lost first place a long time ago and take a lower spot are the chart as years go by...we are being passed by poorer nations that spend less on education.

Sent from LG Stylo 4 using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Missouri Guy View Post
    Money does not always equate to students learning more...fact is the USA lost first place a long time ago and to sling a lower spot are the chart as years go by...we are being passed by poorer nations that spend less on education.

Spending more is usually better than spending less. CA needs to lower the classroom size average and that means money.
    Signature removed Violated rule #15

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jmac00 View Post
    NO THEY WON'T, as more people switch to electric, they will discontinue the gas tax and replace it with a "highway use tax". which will cost the consumer even more money.
    Sounds like a way to legalize gps tracking... They will word it so people will vote it in... Then later find out all the details... And that it will cost them more as well

Post Likes
    Spending more is usually better than spending less. CA needs to lower the classroom size average and that means money.
    How about boot out all the Illegals to lower that average back down....wait that will decrease federal funding...can't have that.

Post Likes
    How about boot out all the Illegals to lower that average back down....wait that will decrease federal funding...can't have that.

How about giving people in this country a good education? Again it is easy to see which states value education.

It isn't the school system or the city or states job to do what you ask but states are required to educate them.

Post Likes

The problem in CA is Prop 13. That may get resolved somewhat in 2020.

Post Likes
    It is stating pretty much what I said.

You said consumers would pay more and I asked you what would be a fairer way to transition.
    ooh, my bad. Fairer? would be a complete elimination of all gas/road tax, but that will never happen, so. IDK

I'm curious as to how easy it will be to block any reporting device? Will OTR truckers be paying more? will people in rural area's be paying more that urban people?
    PANIC
    Rarely works

Post Likes
    ooh, my bad. Fairer? would be a complete elimination of all gas/road tax, but that will never happen, so. IDK

I'm curious as to how easy it will be to block any reporting device? Will OTR truckers be paying more? will people in rural area's be paying more that urban people?
    People who drive more now actually pay more so it would be the same it seems to me. Truckers should pay for the mile and also take into account the weight of the vehicle imo because of wear and tear on roads etc. I understand that if it is between 1.5 and 2 cents per mile it becomes a wash basically.

I was trying to find out about the tracking and see what was being recorded. But I couldn't find much yet.

Off hand I wonder what a gps blocker-jammer would do to effect mileage payments or wonder if they will just check odometer readings at renewal dates to match. It seems to me that there may be ways to cheat it for some people.

Post Likes

It will be a nightmare for sure...when the dust settles the consumer will be the loser.
    They will actually exploit the nightmare to justify the end result.
    The goal isn't just the money...it's more power and control ....A little at a time..they want to be able to have a few keystrokes disable your vehicle due to an unpaid parking ticket in the future.

Post Likes
    It will be a nightmare for sure...when the dust settles the consumer will be the loser.
    They will actually exploit the nightmare to justify the end result.
    The goal isn't just the money...it's more power and control ....A little at a time..they want to be able to have a few keystrokes disable your vehicle due to an unpaid parking ticket in the future.

Maybe you should just pay your parking tickets.

Post Likes
    How about giving people in this country a good education? Again it is easy to see which states value education.

It isn't the school system or the city or states job to do what you ask but states are required to educate them.
    As we can see tossing more money into the California school system has not been working...white means bad here lol.

Post Likes
    As we can see tossing more money into the California school system has not been working...white means bad here lol.

The opposite is true actually. They rank 21st in education while not near the 21st state in spending.

I can't enlarge that so I don't know what you are trying to prove.

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states/california

Post Likes
    Maybe you should just pay your parking tickets.
    I had one parking ticket in my life...Front tire of my motorcycle was on the grass ...back in the eighties.
    It wasn't ...the tires were on the hard surface...now maybe a handlebar may have been over the grass if you used a string Bob?

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast