Post Likes

Fluke 922 - Differential Manometers

Has anyone used a fluke 922 for setting natural gas manifold pressure and checking inlet pressure? I have a testo 510 and a fieldpiece sdmn6 differential manometer. I was looking for very fast responding and very accurate differential manometer.

Anyone have any suggestions? Price in not much of a concern...the Fluke 922 is around $600 but it doesn't mention using it with natural gas. Fluke calls it a micromanometer. I've looked at Dwyer digitals but found some bad reviews on this forum. MRU equipment makes a nice one but cant find any reviews.

MRU make Accutools BluFlame combustion analyzer as well as their own better made models. Trutechtools sells MRU's combustion analyzers.

Post Likes

Fluke 922 - Differential Manometers

The fluke works well for natural gas. Its very accurate. I bought it for air measurements, but use it for gas without issue.

Just dont use it for high pressure.

Look on Ebay. You can get them for closer to 3 or 4 hundred, you just have to wait a while to get it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    One of the things you will notice with it is the temperature drift of the sensors. The sensors are very accurate but they drift a bit and you need to zero them out a bit more often than I like but I really do like the meter. By using Min/Max/Ave you can get what you need.
    "Right" is not the same as "Wise".

Don't step on my favorite part of the Constitution just to point out your favorite part.

Post Likes
    Had the fluke 922. Never used it. Use my testo 510 which I carry in bag all the time. Can't carry 922 all the time. Got 922 on eBay for $240. Sold it for $280. Don't over complicate things, customers don't care. I'd stick with testo.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by heatingman View Post
    The fluke works well for natural gas. Its very accurate. I bought it for air measurements, but use it for gas without issue.

Just dont use it for high pressure.

Look on Ebay. You can get them for closer to 3 or 4 hundred, you just have to wait a while to get it.

I've been working on getting the fluke 922 kit off eBay with the hard case. Some selller just won't response to messages.

eBay is where I got one of my fluke 289 and one of Craig's list from a home owner who couldn't use it for only $150! It was basically brand new.

Mn the state where absolutey nothing is allowed
    Post Likes
    want accurate? try a U tube water manometer, there batteries just seem to last forever

the Fluke is a lot of money for just inlet/manifold gas pressure.

and yes i still have a U tube and a red oil incline on the truck in cases accuracy comes into question
    my boss thinks its possible to repeal the laws of physics

Post Likes
    Unfortunately, the Dwyer U-tube 1227, set on an incline still isn’t as accurate as the 922. And with the kit, it does much more than just gas pressures...and without running out of red dye or spraying it all
    over the side of the rtu.
    "Right" is not the same as "Wise".

Don't step on my favorite part of the Constitution just to point out your favorite part.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ch4man View Post
    want accurate? try a U tube water manometer, there batteries just seem to last forever

the Fluke is a lot of money for just inlet/manifold gas pressure.

and yes i still have a U tube and a red oil incline on the truck in cases accuracy comes into question
    I keep the tube in tube style that yellow jacket makes. Only pull it out on pulse burners. Nothing digital seems to work right.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Nytefog View Post
    I've been working on getting the fluke 922 kit off eBay with the hard case. Some selller just won't response to messages.

eBay is where I got one of my fluke 289 and one of Craig's list from a home owner who couldn't use it for only $150! It was basically brand new.
    The one I got was not in a fluke hard case.

I just bought a bag to keep it in separate.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jayguy View Post
    Unfortunately, the Dwyer U-tube 1227, set on an incline still isn’t as accurate as the 922. And with the kit, it does much more than just gas pressures...and without running out of red dye or spraying it all
    over the side of the rtu.
    It wouldn’t last a week on my truck. I bought one and had taken a few off old radon piping in the past.