Thread: Screw Vs Other

Post Likes

Screw Vs Other

In the grand scheme of things is there anything on a screw compressor that makes it vastly different than another type of compressor? Aside from the internals and how it compresses of coarse. ??

Post Likes
    I don’t know if there is anything vastly different other than the amount of oil it pumps. Do you have an issue or other reason in mind?
    "Right" is not the same as "Wise".

Don't step on my favorite part of the Constitution just to point out your favorite part.

Post Likes
    I dunno, is there anything in a scroll compressor that is vastly different from any other compressor......other than how it compresses refrigerant?

or how about a recip?

I don't understand where you're going with the question.....could you clarify?

Post Likes
    Application. The abuse it can take. It likes electricity

Post Likes
    Screws are noisy! There's an air cooled probably 200 ton Yorkie put in less than 2 years ago at a central plant where I volunteer at a theatre. It SCREAMS. Well, now it isn't, 1 compressor is being replaced!

Post Likes
    Also Screw compressors in a Chiller are very sensitive to suden discharge pressure variation, I had oil issues with process chillers that have to run year round, specially with across the line condenser motors for fan cycling.
    And the oil usage for load and unloading it’s hard to check the proper oil level unless you are running 100%