Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by orion242 View Post
    Its just becoming reasonable to use a niagara device for HVAC use IMO. If it takes 5-15min to boot and start controlling I/O, its dead to me.
    Isn't there some new tridium thing coming out that boots in seconds and starts controlling while the station is still starting? I saw a demo of it and can't remember what it was called. I do remember it had it's own pallet and you couldn't simply copy and past some existing program to it, which was a huge detractor IMO.

To OP, Anyway far as I know if you are using something like Lynxspring or Vykon you have a clean sheet and need to create your own programs from scratch. If this is not the case I would really really like to know!

I logged into an AAON Lynxspring jace the other day and that station for one AHU is a freaking masterpiece. Must have taken someone a month to make that thing. Configurable for different units though so worth it.
    Scott Jalbert, WebCTRL ninja, Naiagara AX and EcoStruxure Building Expert newb, SiteScan Retired

The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxBurn View Post
    Isn't there some new tridium thing coming out that boots in seconds and starts controlling while the station is still starting? I saw a demo of it and can't remember what it was called.
    There is, not sure if was certain models of the edge or the HW clone of the edge controller that has it. Its new this year, so most niagara based controllers still have the crazy long boot times.

Looks like its the Edge10

"ACE Deterministic Engine for Niagara Edge™10 - New control engine for Edge 10 that enables fast startup to control time and deterministic timing when servicing IO enabling enhanced operations, analytics and optimization in new building applications"

No quote on what "fast startup" really is. Faster than 15min? This a N4.8 addition.

And keep in mind these typically use niagara connections back to the supervisor, so each one counts against your niagara connection license. Yeah licensing fees!
    Last edited by orion242; 10-07-2019 at 12:57 PM.
    Propagating the formula. http://www.noagendashow.com/

3. Likes JeffWil liked this post
    Post Likes
    Yes. The Lynxspring Edge is empty and has to be done from scratch. Hard to believe they want to sell a product that is so labor intensive. Why not have some application libraries, at least?

Post Likes
    They are coming out with unitary and VAV control lines so I believe part of that will be some templates to run those modules at a very minimum. Soon(TM).
    Scott Jalbert, WebCTRL ninja, Naiagara AX and EcoStruxure Building Expert newb, SiteScan Retired

The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by RandyEdge View Post
    Yes. The Lynxspring Edge is empty and has to be done from scratch. Hard to believe they want to sell a product that is so labor intensive. Why not have some application libraries, at least?
    I've found some application libraries useful, and some complete garbage. They never seem to cover all that is needed, but can be a somewhat good starting point I guess. You will be creating your own library once you start programming, but does take some initial investment from you and the company if just starting out. I rarely start from scratch anymore and most often use something from a prior job as a starting point.

Post Likes

First try

Here's my first try from scratch knowing virtually nothing about how to do this....... Where am I wrong?Name:  wiresheet capture.PNG
Views: 76
Size:  76.0 KB

Post Likes
    Are those Inputs off of the physical IO pallette? Set up to read a point? That fault state doesn't look right. Not sure what it is named.

Also can't run a digital low temp right into the CHW valve analog, there are blocks to convert. Would need a switch to select between two analog points and use the digital to run that. The other analog input would be a static 100 for example.

Post Likes
    Yes, Max. Those inputs are physical I/O points. They are faulted, I believe, because the terminals are an open circuit with nothing wired to them yet. Can you give me an example of the switch? In PPCL I would simply use an "If-then-else" and set to 100%.

Post Likes
    Here's my first try from scratch knowing virtually nothing about how to do this....... Where am I wrong?Name:  wiresheet capture.PNG
Views: 76
Size:  76.0 KB
    Hmm did you possibly try and drag your proxy points from the NAV tree to the wire sheet? Seems like that's the issue to me? Yes like was said earlier can't feed the boolean point to the numeric writeable won't work. See attachment 2 ways of doing that.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Likes
    I did drag them from the nav tree. Is that wrong?

Post Likes
    I did drag them from the nav tree. Is that wrong?
    Ok. Right click on the proxy point in the nav tree. Half way down is link mark. You need to link mark from the nav tree to the wire sheet. My first example I made new points on the wire sheet by right clicking on the wire sheet and selecting new. Those weren't proxy points dragged from the NAV tree. Some people may frown on that. The other way is in your logic example would be to right click on lets say the sup_air_press proxy point in the nav tree. Then go onto the wire sheet and right sup_press_pid and you get a link from choice of your proxy point and two windows that show the link your making. Out value of the source to the in slot of your target and say ok. You'll see a little knob on the target slot that you linked. If I'm just making this more confusing for you. Sorry!

Post Likes
    I get the knob, but not the proxy point from my physical I/O. I need that I/O on the screen or it will drive me nuts. What is the best way to get that point in the wiresheet? Probably a stupid question; but I'm old and drag and drop is my goto.

Post Likes
    Ok. Second try, using the example above. Still not getting how to get my physical I/O points in wiresheet. I dragged and dropped again since I'm confused as to other ways of doing it. It is so freakin' weird being a rookie after decades of line programming......Name:  Wiresheet1 Capture.jpg
Views: 60
Size:  112.9 KB

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast