Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by RandyEdge View Post
    Now that is interesting and helpful. I have asked many people I know who regularly use Tridium if they have an air handling unit program in wiresheet. However, they all do as I have done. They write the programs in their respective field panels and simply discover the points, etc. and link for graphics and scheduling. However, the Edge is a field panel and JACE all in one and requires the programming all to be done in wiresheet. It is interesting that there are no readily available (that I have found) wiresheet programming training. Or a tried and true AHU program library. That is what I desperately want to find in order to reduce my learning curve.
    Have you attended the weeklong Niagara Certification training course?
    If not, I can see why you would feel like you have a steep learning curve.
    If you have, you should know the world is at your finger tips to do whatever you might need to do in programming anything you choose.

Post Likes
    I get the knob, but not the proxy point from my physical I/O. I need that I/O on the screen or it will drive me nuts. What is the best way to get that point in the wiresheet? Probably a stupid question; but I'm old and drag and drop is my goto.
    Duplicate the I/O point on the wire sheet by right clicking and choosing new. Then select the point type same as your proxy point, name it, and then link mark from the proxy point to the new point on the wire sheet. Have you've been to any Niagara cert? I started with like 3.0 version AX and did many jobs without ever going to class. Never did get AX certified, got N4 certified when it came out. The certification just gives you a hammer to go around breaking stuff, but would be the first step.

Post Likes
    Yes. I went to certification in December of 17 for N4. Got a 93 on the exam, and felt like I learned to install and create a blank station and little more. Biggest problem is; I touched it very little since then as I was creating databases for Siemens panels and other guys were doing the Niagara part. I only worked with it in limited service situations. Now I'm suddenly full blown into this and it seems that there aren't any good tutorials out there. My main issue is I don't want to tank a job with learning curve. Especially with a new product. I don't want the bosses and Project Managers to blame the product and stop wanting to use it.

Post Likes
    Yes. I went to certification in December of 17 for N4. Got a 93 on the exam, and felt like I learned to install and create a blank station and little more. Biggest problem is; I touched it very little since then as I was creating databases for Siemens panels and other guys were doing the Niagara part. I only worked with it in limited service situations. Now I'm suddenly full blown into this and it seems that there aren't any good tutorials out there. My main issue is I don't want to tank a job with learning curve. Especially with a new product. I don't want the bosses and Project Managers to blame the product and stop wanting to use it.
    Understand! I went to a Distech class that had a couple of days of enyvision. Their HTML5 graphics package, then didn't touch it for over a year. My last job was a complete enyvision site, and it was painful! The learning curve cost! Just getting the sales guys, and managers to understand that is like climbing Mount Everest. I have a lot hours of my own time that I will never see again because of this very subject.

Post Likes
    Thanks for all of the advice. Using what y'all have told me on this thread; I think I'm closer than ever. How's this? I haven't done the scheduling yet, so no links on the occupancy yet.Name:  Wiresheet2 Capture.jpg
Views: 100
Size:  101.8 KB

Post Likes
    Thanks for all of the advice. Using what y'all have told me on this thread; I think I'm closer than ever. How's this? I haven't done the scheduling yet, so no links on the occupancy yet.Name:  Wiresheet2 Capture.jpg
Views: 100
Size:  101.8 KB
    Looking better! If you want your chilled water valve to go 100% during freeze then the true value in the numeric switch will have to be set for 100. I just threw the logic on the page for example. If you want it closed then what you have will work. Is it really -13.0 where your at??

Post Likes
    Ha! The Edge 534 is on my desk with no sensors actually hooked up to it yet. I'm in Florida..... notice no preheat on the AHU.

Post Likes
    Hi Randy,
    Guerry from Lynxspring here. We've met before when we were both working somewhere else. Congrats on your new position. Sorry for jumping into this late. Email me at my Lynxspring email address and I will send you a link with a bunch of prewritten programs for various types of equipment. It's undergoing some maintenance right now, but going forward you can download prewritten programs and eventually configurable appliances from resources.lynxspring.com. There is a bunch of other stuff on our resources site as well, data sheets, user guides, instructional videos, etc... Go there and register using your professional email address. That said, going through the initial pain of writing a program from scratch will probably help reacquaint you with Niagara, and be better in the long run. Another thing to keep in mind is that the Edge controllers are equipment controllers first, and network managers second, whereas a JACE (or JENE in the vernacular of Lynxspring) is exactly the opposite. Look forward to meeting you in person in JAX.

Post Likes
    Thanks Guerry. I found the stuff you are talking about. This Edge 534 is a really cool controller. I'll be up to speed in Wiresheet programming very soon and we'll be very successful with it I'm sure.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Guerrmo666 View Post
    ~ you can download prewritten programs and eventually configurable appliances from resources.lynxspring.com.
    Are you referring to the "Applications (Edge-Centric)" section? Is there more elsewhere?
    Scott Jalbert, WebCTRL ninja, Naiagara AX and EcoStruxure Building Expert newb, SiteScan Retired

The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried

Post Likes
    I am working for the first time with the Edge 534. It is basically a field panel and a JACE all-in-one. ....
    Yes, exactly the Jenesys Edge 534 is basically a JACE (Java Application Control Engine) platform with on-board I/O. The Niagara Edge, a.k.a., Edge-10; VEC-10, device is the same (albeit less on-board I/O). Plus, includes an ACE (Application Control Engine) that boots up in about 10 sec. The core difference is that the Niagara Edge ACE doesn't need to wait for a JVM to boot up. Still programmed via WorkBench, the same as a JACE however, not relying on Java means that the ACE can be a more deterministic controller, too.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123