+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Arctichill question

Post Likes

Arctichill question

I’m working on one of modular Arctichill chillers with Carel controllers. Model Pacvmv030.
    I need to check all circuits on this chiller. My question : Is there any way to force each circuit on one by one using Carel controls interface. I looked in factory, up and cool settings. There is no such an option. I wonder if there is another access level with this option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by uke View Post
    I’m working on one of modular Arctichill chillers with Carel controllers. Model Pacvmv030.
    I need to check all circuits on this chiller. My question : Is there any way to force each circuit on one by one using Carel controls interface. I looked in factory, up and cool settings. There is no such an option. I wonder if there is another access level with this option.

Call the factory Tech Support for approval for Level II access. Ask for Alan Farmer.

Post Likes
    Couldn’t get through to tech support.

Post Likes
    I have 2 of those chillers and i use the master controller to scroll to each to check each slave as to pressures and temp drop thru heat exchanger. If i need to check a module that is off i just use the service switches to shut down one thats on, then it will turn on the off modules. But then again, both of mine run almost fully loaded until the free cool modules come on. Alan may be a little busy as Artichill just got bought out by Trane about 3 weeks ago. Fyi might be wise to verify correct phase monitor operation as we had 1 fuse open in 1 of 2 disconnects and found that some of the slaves had not been programmed correctly to shut down on phase loss, also one slave had the line volts coming from the wrong feed so it would not respond to the assoc phase monitor. Alan has been a great help to me as a tech and friend , hope he stays there!
    UA Local 32 retired as of Jan 2020

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by buford View Post
    I have 2 of those chillers and i use the master controller to scroll to each to check each slave as to pressures and temp drop thru heat exchanger. If i need to check a module that is off i just use the service switches to shut down one thats on, then it will turn on the off modules. But then again, both of mine run almost fully loaded until the free cool modules come on. Alan may be a little busy as Artichill just got bought out by Trane about 3 weeks ago. Fyi might be wise to verify correct phase monitor operation as we had 1 fuse open in 1 of 2 disconnects and found that some of the slaves had not been programmed correctly to shut down on phase loss, also one slave had the line volts coming from the wrong feed so it would not respond to the assoc phase monitor. Alan has been a great help to me as a tech and friend , hope he stays there!
    Damn straight about Alan being a great help and a Professional friend. He is a rare breed.

Post Likes
    Also if they are air cooled, i get the cond motors from johnstone as they are the same motors as OEM, cheaper, and no shipping, plus they keep 2 on the shelves for me. We also put on oversized rain shields on them along with anti seize on the shafts and silicone up the wiring good.

Post Likes
    Chillers that I work now is a brand new machine with very little load as of now. Each chiller is little over 300 tons. I need to check all modules operation. I run 2. -3 circuits at time. I was thinking about shutting down all the modules but one and checking that way. But for the chiller of that size should be a way to test components without playing games .
    Condenser motors not going to be an easy thing to find. Theses are German built condenser fan assemblies with variable speed motors. I’ve seen these on different chillers. Pretty much if motor is gone you take entire assembly out and install new one with motor , blade , shroud and guard. Pretty expensive proposition.

Post Likes
    I have the "secret password" to get to the Level II info. But I'll give a BIG BUTT (but)here. When Mr. Alan Farmer gave me the "secret access code" he SPECIFICALLY asked me to keep the "secret" a secret and to not pass the code around,so ,out of respect to Alan and to keep my word as a Man & a HVACR Pro I cannot give out that code. So, again,I will recommend that you call him.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by TechmanTerry View Post
    I have the "secret password" to get to the Level II info. But I'll give a BIG BUTT (but)here. When Mr. Alan Farmer gave me the "secret access code" he SPECIFICALLY asked me to keep the "secret" a secret and to not pass the code around,so ,out of respect to Alan and to keep my word as a Man & a HVACR Pro I cannot give out that code. So, again,I will recommend that you call him.
    how about 2 bottles of Yukon Jack?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pecmsg View Post
    how about 2 bottles of Yukon Jack?
    OK, that would be a deal breaker!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOLALOT.

Post Likes
    Wonder if Trane Tech support could help? They were are local distributor and I believe they now own them.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Give 0011 a try

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Spitz View Post
    Give 0011 a try

I'll have a few more sips my Yukon Jack. LOL.

Post Likes
    It is not that much of a secret code.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by buford View Post
    It is not that much of a secret code.
    To people like you, I agree.
    I am just going by what Alan Farmer asked of me after he helped educate me about Level II info.

Post Likes
    Is it the one that starts with 2. If that’s what you talking about, I have that, but it doesn’t give me what I need.

Post Likes
    May be a code above the one that starts with 2, but i have never even heard even a hint about it.

Post Likes
    Does anyone know how to get into setpoint buffer parameters on these chillers?

Post Likes
    Never seen that on ours, may need to call Alan or Charles at tech support. Hopefully you can call them without going thru Trane.

Post Likes
    Good to know. the 2 I’ve had seem to eat up condenser fan motors. Didn’t help that non came with rain slingers, didn’t help that the building had terrible power issues.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in