Post Likes

Trane RTU dehum cycle

I'm having an issue getting a thermostat that sends a 24-volt AC signal from the aux port to initiate a dehum cycle in the Trane rooftop unit.

The rooftop unit expects a volts DC signal. There is a DC power supply in the rooftop unit. How can I take closed contacts from a relay and use them to start the Trane dehumidification cycle, using terminals 18 and 19 on the unit low voltage terminal block?

They are the type labeled RH- and RH+. Standard Precedent unit.

Post Likes
    It used a standard 24 VAC signal last time I did one of those through the LVTB connections.

2 out of 3 I did had the stake ones pulled off on the back for some reason. Worked once I fixed it.

Are they using two compressors, one of which has a reversing valve??

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    If it is a reliatel unit, use a relay to bridge terminals 7 (24v+) and 12 (Hum) on "LTB"
    OR
    land a 4-20ma sensor/plc output on the RH- and RH+ terminals on "NLTB".

whatever you do... don't wire a relay across RH- and RH+...
    (a little plume of smoke comes off the RTOM J8 terminal block when that happens...or so i've heard)

Post Likes
    Thanks for the suggestions, I will be going on the roof next week. These are Reliatel equipped units. It's too bad they don't prepare for anything except a Trane communicating wall stat with a duct mounted RH sensor.

PAB, I usually work with RIB relays, the U1C model. So pretty much I could use the stat to send coil voltage to the relay, close the Normally Open contacts and then wire the Comm and N/O wires to the 7 and 12 terminals? I can't find documentation in the manual that says if the 24Vac terminal outputs 24 or is expecting input voltage. Won't get there until next Tuesday to tag a meter on the terminals.

I do see that the RTOM board J10 is a binary input for the reheat valve, so seems like I could also wire the relay there and it would take off. There are 5 Precedent units all the same setup.

Post Likes
    the 5 trane rtu I have at a site have the analog input, and you can set the points with tu or bacnet OR what im doing is using the RH dry contact input to initiate. I use a RIB to isolate the power supplies.