Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Metalman0880 View Post
    Ill say this. I hold myself along with all our employees to a high standard. If I had people installing stuff like this one of a few things would happen:
    1) they would be back there fixing that correctly
    2) they would be terminated after fixing it
    3) if they didnt fix it Id just fire them
    4) if the boss wouldnt let me fire them Id walk

We all know help is tough, but its not worth keeping someone as an extra pair of hands with THAT kind of bs.

.... ... ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I can understand the frustration when this happens but finding that kind of work and knowing who did it gives an excellent opportunity to teach them how to do it proper and explain to them why. If you were to always fire someone when they make mistakes then you will always be hiring the new guy who will make the same mistakes that the last guy made, and giving the guys that have just been taught a good lesson to your competitors. If you teach them to take pride in their work, show them the art of the trade, and train them to be good techs then you can form that tech into a great asset to the company.

Just my two cents.

Quickly, I must hurry, for there go my people and I am their leader!

2. Likes joemach liked this post
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Adlerberts-Protege View Post
    Obviously this guy has a drinking or drug problem of some sort. What is this nonsensical post? I have called him out before but these weird posts keep happening.
    Just Who is this guy LZEnglish You Keep asking Worm? Well i have told your slimey poor excuse for a human being so many times before, but let me say it again, just for YOU! I'm the Guy that helped to cut the path for You, and others that followed in this hvac/r field, YOU Ungratful little puss-wagon.! If it were NOT for me, and guys like me, YOU worm, would still be sucking hind tit on some cow named else, and would NOT be raking in the money you are now. You are a special breed of turd though A-P, so keep being proud of it, as You seem to be, and please be gone as soon as possible, one way or the other!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Adlerberts-Protege View Post
    I am not the boss. It is great therapy to vent to you guys. Please dont take these posts as me pleading for help. Purely venting.

And to lzenglish, once more. What is that?
    Excuses are like a-holes A-P, "Every Hacker" has at least one! YOU A-P Are NO-Good Period, be it a Poor Excuse for a Human Being, or an hvac/r leader, so try something else, such as used car sales, which should fit the bill. PS: I'm in Nor-Cal, What say we meet up one day, and i will buy you a "Sh!t Sandwich" with extra sauce, MY TREAT!? LMAO at You A-P, "You Little Worm You"! "Take "No" Care"! "YOU WANT MORE WORM"? You best find out more about me before you decide to "F" with me punk, as i will eat you up, and spit you out!.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Likes
    Hi folks, appears our Hack A-P has had enough, and is sleeping it off now. So, let me continue the Conversation,"(If I May)", and ask you all this, WHY DO Most of YOU Continue to let this Turd A-P have a Free Reign with all his "Hack Ways", with no Opposition, or Questioning of it? Do You think Him Showing his garbage intalls is Good for Our trade? I'm at a loss here, so please hep me! "STAND-UP for What You Think Is right, Or Lay back down and Let Us do Your Dirty Work For You! That's it, i'm gone and disgusted now, take care.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by thatguy View Post
    I can understand the frustration when this happens but finding that kind of work and knowing who did it gives an excellent opportunity to teach them how to do it proper and explain to them why. If you were to always fire someone when they make mistakes then you will always be hiring the new guy who will make the same mistakes that the last guy made, and giving the guys that have just been taught a good lesson to your competitors. If you teach them to take pride in their work, show them the art of the trade, and train them to be good techs then you can form that tech into a great asset to the company.

Just my two cents.

Your right. I think when I wrote that I probably did t do a good job explaining things. Ive seen so much of his garbage posted, I was talking in terms of being someone in his company. Not as if I was just finding this on my own install the first time.

7. Likes thatguy liked this post
    Post Likes
    NOTICE
    It is NOT a Goodman...!
    Those who dance, appear insane to those who do not hear the music.
    Those who believe, appear ignorant to those who do not know God.

Post Likes
    Who else can he vent to but you all?

PHM
    -------

Quote Originally Posted by Scoobie View Post
    Good post izen. If my company was doing crummy work, danged if I’d be posting pictures, etc...

Either work to straighten it out or move on.
    PHM
    --------
    The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking.

Post Likes
    That reminds me: I like Goodman equipment and the local distributors who sell it. I have installed a lot of Goodman equipment, two of the units in my own house are Goodman, and it seems to be well made and reliable brand. Which comes with an excellent warranty that I have Very seldom ever had to use.

But I have this one Goodman system - a 3 ton heat pump - which seems like it's been nine years of routine BS. Some repairable leaks - one where the discharge line enters the condenser coil and one on the center distributor tube where it enters the evaporator. But capacitors, contactors, a condenser fan motor, right now a heat sequencer - it just seems like every few months it's Something with this bastard.

My two Goodman units (a gas furnace and a HP condensing unit running cool only - and not connected to each other) are at least as old and have never missed a beat. Either all other my installed-for-customers units have been equally reliable - or all their owners have fired me - because they all apparently run flawlessly too.

I always see/hear people bad-mouthing Goodman and have always disagreed with their opinions. But then I think of this 3 ton HP I put in for my chiropractor . . . . . <g>

PHM
    --------

Quote Originally Posted by cehs View Post
    NOTICE
    It is NOT a Goodman...!
    PHM
    --------

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Poodle Head Mikey View Post
    That reminds me: I like Goodman equipment and the local distributors who sell it. I have installed a lot of Goodman equipment, two of the units in my own house are Goodman, and it seems to be well made and reliable brand. Which comes with an excellent warranty that I have Very seldom ever had to use.

But I have this one Goodman system - a 3 ton heat pump - which seems like it's been nine years of routine BS. Some repairable leaks - one where the discharge line enters the condenser coil and one on the center distributor tube where it enters the evaporator. But capacitors, contactors, a condenser fan motor, right now a heat sequencer - it just seems like every few months it's Something with this bastard.

My two Goodman units (a gas furnace and a HP condensing unit running cool only - and not connected to each other) are at least as old and have never missed a beat. Either all other my installed-for-customers units have been equally reliable - or all their owners have fired me - because they all apparently run flawlessly too.

I always see/hear people bad-mouthing Goodman and have always disagreed with their opinions. But then I think of this 3 ton HP I put in for my chiropractor . . . . . <g>

PHM
    --------
    Not sure if you remember my old Goodman installs I posted on here years ago, PHM.

Post Likes
    To everyone

lzenglish is taking a break. He received infraction points for each of his rude posts.

Now.. I know lzenglish and Adlerberts-Protege have a history here but there was no cause for these attacks by lzenglish.

His account will reopen when his infractions allow automatically.

13. Likes Fender60 liked this post
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Poodle Head Mikey View Post

PHM
    --------
    It seems to be hit or miss with Goodman in my experience.I have had people bad mouth them then and some praise them.Some would never purchase a Goodman,but loved Amana.I believe it's all about who was working the line it rolled off of at the plant,who installed it,and how well it was maintained.All manufacturers have their flaws here and there sooner or later.I just dislike they sale to the public online and now so many others as well.I was told the other day a local Trane distributor had a sighn that said "we now sale to the public". Dont know how true that is but I have no reason to not believe who told me.And that disappoints me being a Trane Installer at the moment.

Post Likes
    That's funny too - I have consistently had bad luck with both Trane equipment and with their local distributor. The last straw was them screwing me out of an $800. in-warranty compressor reimbursement a couple years ago.

I'll never buy another piece of Trane equipment and have just very recently told a few customers that. I installed Rheem for one and Thermal-Zone for another.

PHM
    ------

Quote Originally Posted by mikel7829 View Post
    It seems to be hit or miss with Goodman in my experience.I have had people bad mouth them then and some praise them.Some would never purchase a Goodman,but loved Amana.I believe it's all about who was working the line it rolled off of at the plant,who installed it,and how well it was maintained.All manufacturers have their flaws here and there sooner or later.I just dislike they sale to the public online and now so many others as well.I was told the other day a local Trane distributor had a sighn that said "we now sale to the public". Dont know how true that is but I have no reason to not believe who told me.And that disappoints me being a Trane Installer at the moment.
    PHM
    --------

Post Likes
    we've been installing Rheem for the last year or so, they seem to be pretty good units. our guys just did 2 25 ton RTU's.....we'll see how they do. we've done several smaller RTU's, splits, etc. Only issues we've really had has been controls, not related to the units, and distributor not getting correct accessories. I'm interested to see how they fair in the long run.

and I'll prolly jinx myself, but my home system is a goodman, installed in 1998. it's been a good system....had a few issues over the years, but nothing out of the ordinary for a 20 year old system......reminds me, I guess it's time for winter check out before startup! lol!

Since Trane (ingersall-Rand) took over our area, service has turned toward the corporate mentality of "you need us more than we need you".....sad really. I don't see them maintaining the market share like they once did. when it was a franchise, they dominated the area.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast