Post Likes

Can't see wire sheets

Likely another easy question, I'm logged in via java web start in a Honeywell 3.8 jace. I can't see any wire sheets, will need that to figure a couple things out I'd think. I'm currently using the default WB web profile and I thought no problem, I'll just create a new account and play around with the profiles until I get one I can see everything in. Next problem, I can't create users, there is no user manager view. I really don't want to mess with the profile on the one user I'm logged in as now and potentially lock myself out. So what to do about that?

Post Likes
    It sounds like your user/account doesn't have sufficient permissions to view. Another possibility is that the JACE isn't licensed to allow access to the wire sheets in the browser. I don't remember the feature, but it was something that I've seen before

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxBurn View Post
    Next problem, I can't create users, there is no user manager view.
    This is definitely a permissions issue. VERY often logging into the JACE using workbench - but with the same creds - bypasses some of this. The quickest (but not only) way to hide the user manager is through the category service. Try looking in there in workbench and see if you can get some of these other things to work.
    Hmmmm....smells like numbatwo to me.

Post Likes
    I think that feature is something like "embedded work bench" I can't remember the exact phrase. You should be able to check the license with tridium and see if that feature is active. You may have to connect with your workbench to do it.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Pretty sure your license is NOT going to read like this:

<feature name="web" expiration="never" ui.wb.admin="true" ui="true" ui.wb="true"/>

I have seen it before, had Moneywell open up a Jace ie removed brand restriction, new license comes back without ui.wb.admin="true" and ui.wb="true"

Controls is a lifestyle not a job

Post Likes
    I hadn't figured this would be a feature to license, wow.

I'm logged in as admin...

I'm not on site and it appears station and platform aren't passed through their router on default ports, good. If I'm still in need of answers I'll try that when I get back on site.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxBurn View Post
    I hadn't figured this would be a feature to license, wow.

I'm logged in as admin...

I'm not on site and it appears station and platform aren't passed through their router on default ports, good. If I'm still in need of answers I'll try that when I get back on site.
    I have also seen that if the JACE doesn't have the proper modules installed for blocks used on a wire sheet, it won't be able to open for viewing. Happens when 2 different people programming with different modules installed on their PCs.