Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Likes
    Actually at the corporate level, Home Depot wants to keep you as a happy customer. Although they did not actually do the work (a sub contractor did), they are responsible as the "prime contractor" since that is who you pay or put on your credit card.

I had an issue with the lack of service at my local Home Depot. I wrote an email to corporate through their web site. Within 2 days the manager of the local store called me and had a sit down with me and we went over what I didn't like about the service/help I received while at the store. There was a pretty big change in attitude after that at the store.

The "kids" in your local store do not care much for problems you present to them. But I guarantee that at the corporate level things are quite different.

I even had a customer who had Home Depot do her vinyl siding poorly. She contacted the corporate office in Atlanta and she had it completely re-done at no charge by a different sub.

Home Depot is really not the low bidder on services. And remember, they really do not want any negative reviews. So contact the main office and get things worked out.

"The squeaky wheel gets the grease."
    Can someone please explain to me -
    Why is there never enough time to do it right the first time, but plenty of time to do it twice?

Please view site rules: http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=1241

Apply for Pro Membership: http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=116113

Find your local HVAC-Talk Contractor: http://hvac-talk.com/aop

Post Likes
    To the best of my knowledge a contractor signs up to have a 'booth" as the HD store. He is required to have someone manage the booth X number of hours a week. Any leads generated are considered a HD lead and HD does the financing of the project. The dealer is supposed to charge the same as if they were to do the job directly even though they have a lot more costs involved and criteria that does not affect the quality of the job. In the end Home Depot gets paid for the whole job, takes their cut and gives the dealer their cut later.

Dealers can not do the same job for less money so they either need to charge more or do less. In this case it looks like they did less.

As to the copper I think that is varies greatly across the country. Here I have seen 2# NG ran in copper with Silver soldered joints and regulators at the equipment. It has also been recommended here that CU be used instead of CSST.

Post Likes
    Hi everyone,

I very much appreciate your input on my furnace misadventure. After avoiding me for 6 days the tech is coming by to have a look???

Can I ask him to replace the tank pan? what else?

Post Likes
    Hw tank relief valve is not allowed to be plumbed in like that

5. Likes lions_lair liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12