Thread: Member forum?

Post Likes

Member forum?

Hi I am new to the site and was wondering if there is a thread for introductions? I was going to introduce myself and provide a little of my background and experience. I'm a newer licensed refrigeration tech and was looking for a good forum to share and also converse with other techs about past and present projects. I had a look on the main board but didn't see any. let me know if I missed anything! Thanks

Post Likes
    Well you found the right site. Look into the Pro Membership and welcome aboard.

Post Likes
    Thanks VTP99 when I get the 15 posts I will apply for that pro section. I already have an engineering question lol

Post Likes
    I'm no engineer but that doesn't stop me
    Is it for refrigeration or comfort cooling/hearing ?

Post Likes
    Comfort cooling, I want to do my first design of supply plenum so I am researching manual D. I have lots of experience on the install and service end of A/C but I really didnt learn much when it comes to duct design or airflow design. Was looking to do a small system with about 9 supply diffusers. I did a sizing calculation and was sure to figure for additional loads from windows. The IDAHU supplies 900 cfm @ .3 in wc on the low setting. I was going to design off of .1 WC and calculations are for 4 air exchanges per hour. I managed to split up my CFM per room across 9 diffusers. The problem I am working on is how to maintain my velocity to each diffuser branched off of the supply trunk. I was thinking initially 14" round for my main duct. I know theres going to be the need for reducing the diameter of the trunk to achieve this. So to put it simply I was looking for help with the math. Or if you know of a calculator tool or any othere resource I can look at. Thanks

Post Likes
    After each 1 or 2 supply duct branches reduce the trunk size to account for the new cfm total. So after 2 branches reduce to 12in. The 3 more and drop to 10in. It depends on the location or the branches and their length also. Draw us a diagram of the building and layout the system.

Post Likes
    thanks, the more I am reading on this it seems a good choice would be to do the manual j,s,d from start to finish but it seems like alot of work. almost more pitched at new construction.

Post Likes