Page 76 of 160 FirstFirst ... 266669707172737475767778798081828386126 ... LastLast
Results 976 to 988 of 2069

Thread: Impeachment

  1. #976
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    6,762
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    OTOH Gary...

    If you look at the 2nd through the lens of the statement Senator Rand Paul made:
    See post #964...

    The goal of the 2nd is to put teeth in the rest of the founding documents... to LIMIT govt interfering with freedom!

    When one sees it that way... one sees the INTENTIONS (also referred to as the 'spirit' of the law) of the founders...
    The letter of the law is not what is important...
    The INTENTIONS (spirit) of the law is what is important.

    Sadly...
    It takes more maturity to understand intentions/spirit of the law, than letter of the law...

    And discussing the spirit of the law over the letter of the law...
    Does not make for cool feeling 'soundbytes'...
    GA,
    Where am I wrong about my interpretation of the 2nd amendment?
    I say banning bump stocks is limiting our freedom & it goes against the spirit of the 2nd amendment.
    If that can be done then maybe magazines with more than one round in them could be banned.
    Where does it end?
    Gary
    -----------
    http://www.oceanhvac.com
    The best things in life are free but not everyone is willing to pay the price.

  2. #977
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Atlanta GA area
    Posts
    41,954
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by garyed View Post
    GA,
    Where am I wrong about my interpretation of the 2nd amendment?
    I say banning bump stocks is limiting our freedom & it goes against the spirit of the 2nd amendment.
    If that can be done then maybe magazines with more than one round in them could be banned.
    Where does it end?
    IMO Gary...

    You are looking at the letter of the law rather than the spirit of the law...
    AND

    You are trying to win a discussion...
    Rather than see what is best for America... THROUGH the eyes of the writers of the founding documents.

    Hint...
    Think outside your box Gary...

    See the larger picture than:
    "I think..."
    GA-HVAC-Tech

    Your comfort, Your way, Everyday!

  3. #978
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    6,762
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    IMO Gary...

    You are looking at the letter of the law rather than the spirit of the law...
    AND

    You are trying to win a discussion...
    Rather than see what is best for America... THROUGH the eyes of the writers of the founding documents.

    Hint...
    Think outside your box Gary...

    See the larger picture than:
    "I think..."

    As usual, you are avoiding answering the question directly that confronts the issue that you brought up.
    It's OK if you don't want to answer but when you come back with me not looking at "the spirit of the law" then I have to challenge you.
    I say I am looking at the spirit of the 2nd amendment so I'll repeat my post just so there is no misunderstanding.
    Where am I wrong about my interpretation of the 2nd amendment?
    I say banning bump stocks is limiting our freedom & it goes against the spirit of the 2nd amendment.
    If that can be done then maybe magazines with more than one round in them could be banned.
    Where does it end?
    Gary
    -----------
    http://www.oceanhvac.com
    The best things in life are free but not everyone is willing to pay the price.

  4. #979
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Atlanta GA area
    Posts
    41,954
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by garyed View Post
    As usual, you are avoiding answering the question directly that confronts the issue that you brought up.
    It's OK if you don't want to answer but when you come back with me not looking at "the spirit of the law" then I have to challenge you.
    I say I am looking at the spirit of the 2nd amendment so I'll repeat my post just so there is no misunderstanding.
    No Gary...

    GA is not avoiding the issue...

    Gary is not opening his eyes and seeing a larger picture...

    Sorry if you do not have that vision...
    GA-HVAC-Tech

    Your comfort, Your way, Everyday!

  5. #980
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    6,762
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    No Gary...

    GA is not avoiding the issue...

    Gary is not opening his eyes and seeing a larger picture...

    Sorry if you do not have that vision...
    You can have the last word unless you come back with something I don't agree with more.
    Gary
    -----------
    http://www.oceanhvac.com
    The best things in life are free but not everyone is willing to pay the price.

  6. #981
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Atlanta GA area
    Posts
    41,954
    Post Likes
    Why, thank you Gary...

    GA-HVAC-Tech

    Your comfort, Your way, Everyday!

  7. #982
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    3,994
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by vin lashon View Post
    Just turning your words back at you. You seem to have chosen not to believe Trump, but give Biden the benefit of doubt.

    Notice how I said seem? That's because no one can know what's in the heart of man but that man or God. That sums up the point I've repeatedly made: All we have is interpretation of intent. For both Biden and Trump. The Dems could benefit from such an epiphany. America could benefit from them having it.
    I obviously do not give Biden the benefit of doubt if I support investigating him... lol, seriously.

    You are just like the left, you think Trump did nothing wrong and Biden obviously guilty. The left thinks Biden did nothing wrong and Trump is obviously guilty. Same coin, different coin.

    One thing is for sure, both Trump and Biden should have recused themselves... Trump from Biden, and Biden from Shokin, because both have potential personal gain. So lets lock them both up and be done with it.

  8. #983
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    14,582
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by garyed View Post
    I'll give you a perfect example:
    The second amendment guarantees the right to bear arms & nowhere does it limit what types of arms we can bear. At the time it was written there were plenty of civilian firearms that were just as powerful as those used by the military. Your true American president decided that Bump Stocks should be banned without even going through congress & so it was done.
    I say that is goes against the spirit of the second amendment but it has not been interpreted that way by the courts. Does that mean that I & others who agree with me are trying to destroy the US because of our interpretation of the second amendment? My example is obviously not an argument a liberal would normally make but it is to show how the Constitution can be interpreted differently by either side. Like I stated earlier, we even have Supreme Court justices who can't agree on the interpretation of the Constitution, so it's not always black & white.
    You have us on the bump stock ban.
    However almost all of our gun restrictions have never gone through congress either.
    It's the left that historically attacks the second.
    As far as I am concerned if you want 30 rounds clips or even a belt fed rifle it's your choice...I even support full auto...why...well because you should have not had that right taken away to begin with.
    Ex con...right to own.. I say yes...you do your time then should be able to pack again once you have paid your debt to society...Look at it like this if someone is willing to kill someone else ...they really don't care if a firearm is legal to own or not.
    People that don't want firearms don't have them..and those that do have them for the most part... including felons.
    They used to give you rifle and horse when you got out of prison and 100(?) bucks ..alot of money back then..now you get neither.

    But back to the Constitution ...it has been slaughtered I've the last several decades and needs to stop





    Sent from LG Stylo 4 using Tapatalk
    ...

  9. #984
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Atlanta GA area
    Posts
    41,954
    Post Likes
    So rather than argue about details...
    Here is the simple reality:
    Name:  Jesse Smolet had a better hoax.jpg
Views: 28
Size:  93.5 KB
    GA-HVAC-Tech

    Your comfort, Your way, Everyday!

  10. #985
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Atlanta GA area
    Posts
    41,954
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Missouri Guy View Post

    You have us on the bump stock ban.
    However almost all of our gun restrictions have never gone through congress either.
    It's the left that historically attacks the second.
    As far as I am concerned if you want 30 rounds clips or even a belt fed rifle it's your choice...I even support full auto...why...well because you should have not had that right taken away to begin with.
    Ex con...right to own.. I say yes...you do your time then should be able to pack again once you have paid your debt to society...Look at it like this if someone is willing to kill someone else ...they really don't care if a firearm is legal to own or not.
    People that don't want firearms don't have them..and those that do have them for the most part... including felons.
    They used to give you rifle and horse when you got out of prison and 100(?) bucks ..alot of money back then..now you get neither.

    But back to the Constitution ...it has been slaughtered I've the last several decades and needs to stop





    Sent from LG Stylo 4 using Tapatalk
    Actually, he does not...

    However understanding the explanation is above most liberals pay grade...

    GA-HVAC-Tech

    Your comfort, Your way, Everyday!

  11. #986
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Atlanta GA area
    Posts
    41,954
    Post Likes
    Hmmm...

    It would appear that Schiff(ty) has a personal reason to be concerned about Trump looking for corruption in Ukraine:

    https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitic...iff-fundraiser
    GA-HVAC-Tech

    Your comfort, Your way, Everyday!

  12. #987
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    6,762
    Post Likes
    I'm just wondering if after the hearings the narrative from the White house is going to change just a little.
    I saw this cartoon & just couldn't resist.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Gary
    -----------
    http://www.oceanhvac.com
    The best things in life are free but not everyone is willing to pay the price.

  13. #988
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Deep Southeast
    Posts
    7,845
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by davidadavis View Post
    I obviously do not give Biden the benefit of doubt if I support investigating him... lol, seriously.

    You are just like the left, you think Trump did nothing wrong and Biden obviously guilty. The left thinks Biden did nothing wrong and Trump is obviously guilty. Same coin, different coin.

    One thing is for sure, both Trump and Biden should have recused themselves... Trump from Biden, and Biden from Shokin, because both have potential personal gain. So lets lock them both up and be done with it.
    Your thinking is limited and thus, error prone.

Page 76 of 160 FirstFirst ... 266669707172737475767778798081828386126 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •