Page 4 of 116 FirstFirst 12345678910111454104 ... LastLast
Results 40 to 52 of 1508

Thread: Impeachment

  1. #40
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Dacula, GA
    Posts
    20,012
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post
    Andrew “ chicken -/:;($& “ Johnson

    William “Billy Bob” Clinton

    Don “the con” Trump

    It’s a very exclusive club... lol

    It ain’t over yet. Not till Trump quits rage tweeting and Rudy stops blabbing stuff that hurts trump.
    Perhaps we should gag you also corn for the mental well being of all here on ARP. Geez give us a break. Take a chill pill or go drag on your bong. Yeah. Thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."

    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Sen. Barry Goldwater

  2. #41
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Posts
    20,741
    Post Likes
    Lot of folks would like to see Rudy gagged right now... lol. But Stump gonna keep him out there. He may be a liability to Trump with that new yalk mouth of his.., but he is loyal.

  3. #42
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    6,716
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BNME8EZ View Post
    The problem there is define strong evidence. Many of the Dems act like there is still a smoking gun in the Mueller investigation and Shiff (sp) has already translated the transcripts of the phone conversation totally out of context. Funny I always thought I could read English and understand what I read but he took those transcripts to a whole, or maybe hole, new level.
    This is exactly the problem that the democrats face. You act like there was no smoking gun in the Mueller investigation when not only was there a smoking gun but there was also evidence of obstruction. Since the DOJ's standing policy was not to indict a sitting president it was up to the house to impeach him. The Dems knowing that their case wasn't strong enough to get 20 republican votes to convict in the senate they let it die & Trump & his followers took that as a sign of exoneration. Trump was never exonerated by the Mueller report & if he was not a sitting president he might very well be behind bars today like some of his former constituents. He will probably be known as the most corrupt president in our country's history & yet you say there was no smoking gun. Now we have the Ukraine issue. Whether or not any more damaging evidence arises are you going to say there's no smoking gun there either?
    Gary
    -----------
    http://www.oceanhvac.com
    The best things in life are free but not everyone is willing to pay the price.

  4. #43
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Beatrice, NE
    Posts
    9,651
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by garyed View Post
    This is exactly the problem that the democrats face. You act like there was no smoking gun in the Mueller investigation when not only was there a smoking gun but there was also evidence of obstruction. Since the DOJ's standing policy was not to indict a sitting president it was up to the house to impeach him. The Dems knowing that their case wasn't strong enough to get 20 republican votes to convict in the senate they let it die & Trump & his followers took that as a sign of exoneration. Trump was never exonerated by the Mueller report & if he was not a sitting president he might very well be behind bars today like some of his former constituents. He will probably be known as the most corrupt president in our country's history & yet you say there was no smoking gun. Now we have the Ukraine issue. Whether or not any more damaging evidence arises are you going to say there's no smoking gun there either?
    This only makes it worse if what you say is true.

    By your premise Trump was guilty and should hang but you can't hang a sitting president. Then what was the point of 2.5 years and millions of $'s? If that is the case then why waste all the time when they could have been working on some real issues in this country like fixing health care/insurance, taxes, SS/medi, immigration, the prison system, legalized MJ, the list is long and varied. If Mueller found a smoking gun why didn't he say Trump XYZ? He said that there was nothing there but he said it in a way to leave doubt. He did not contradict anything of Barr's summery and he could have. The only thing it did was leave doubt in those that already had that doubt, it had no affect on those that had now feeling one way or the other or were Trump supporters. The rules that you are complaining about went into affect by the Dems after Clinton was impeached. So those idiots shot themselves in the foot trying to protect their leadership.

    As for this new allegation. That transcript can be read as 2 leaders having an amiable conversation or it can be spun to look a bad as possible, which is what the Dems are doing. But then look at what the Ukraine leader said with out hesitation, he was not bullied or forced to do anything. He wants to get to the bottom of corruption in his country and it happy to help in this investigation. Your bias is clouding your judgment from what I can tell. I keep waiting for him to do something bad or something great. I have not seen where he has done anything bad but the Dems are trying to make a case that is not there, and the only thing I can see that he has done great is only what he brags about doing which seem more of a team effort than just his doing. Both of these drive me crazy as it is all wasted time that does nothing to push the country forward and make life better of us citizens. After all isn't that what they were sent to DC to do, not petty infighting that gains nothing!

  5. #44
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    6
    Post Likes
    What the Dems are doing to make this country better?... If they add any real evidence against our President, they would have used it...It’s the Law, we are innocent, until someone can PROVE us guilty in the court of law...

  6. #45
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Deep Southeast
    Posts
    7,560
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by garyed View Post
    This is exactly the problem that the democrats face. You act like there was no smoking gun in the Mueller investigation when not only was there a smoking gun but there was also evidence of obstruction. Since the DOJ's standing policy was not to indict a sitting president it was up to the house to impeach him. The Dems knowing that their case wasn't strong enough to get 20 republican votes to convict in the senate they let it die & Trump & his followers took that as a sign of exoneration. Trump was never exonerated by the Mueller report & if he was not a sitting president he might very well be behind bars today like some of his former constituents. He will probably be known as the most corrupt president in our country's history & yet you say there was no smoking gun. Now we have the Ukraine issue. Whether or not any more damaging evidence arises are you going to say there's no smoking gun there either?
    What was the smoking gun?

  7. Likes lions_lair liked this post
  8. #46
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Posts
    20,741
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Ram17 View Post
    What the Dems are doing to make this country better?... If they add any real evidence against our President, they would have used it...It’s the Law, we are innocent, until someone can PROVE us guilty in the court of law...
    Thats what the whole impeachment thing is about.

    Of course it isnt lol... cause a pug senate isnt going to convict a pug pres... and of course a dim senate is not going to convict a dim prez...... its about hanging a sign around their neck..... putting a stain on their record...... like an asterisk after a sports record....

    Trump has been accused of .... something... I guess... lol and now they must find the facts to prove those accusations..... then when ready... the house will vote to impeach if there is enough evidence to go forward..... or if there isnt... lol and it will go to the senate for trial.

    The guy is already impeached...... aint no formal paper on it it yet... but its coming.

    I have to wonder if had he condemned Ivanka for renouncing Jesus Christ as her Lord and Savior....... would any of this be happening.....
    The bible is my constitution and the constitution is my bible.

    WE THE PEOPLE refers to THEM and not YOU.

    Chewbacca Mom 2016

  9. #47
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Deep Southeast
    Posts
    7,560
    Post Likes

  10. #48
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    6,716
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by vin lashon View Post
    What was the smoking gun?
    There was plenty of evidence of obstruction of justice in the Mueller report. I don't think it rose to the level for impeachment but there was plenty of smoke in the gun. There is no way to know what possible crimes Trump committed because he's so good at covering up & blocking investigations. I don't think we'll ever see him testify under oath because he has such a hard time telling the truth that even he knows he would commit perjury. Just like a true dictator Trump labels those who oppose him for treason & brings up civil war if he is impeached.
    Gary
    -----------
    http://www.oceanhvac.com
    The best things in life are free but not everyone is willing to pay the price.

  11. #49
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    1,434
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by garyed View Post
    There was plenty of evidence of obstruction of justice in the Mueller report.
    ...

    Shuuuuuuuuure there is.

    Just like "There was plenty of evidence of..."

    Trump stole the election from Hill-Tard,

    Kavanaugh is a rapist,

    Stormy/Stormy/Stormy,

    MuleFace found 'proof' Trump is Putin's puppet,

    Trump is 'guilty' of doing what Quid-Pro-Joe did.

    The 'proof' is 'hiding in plain sight'... it's just the 'proof' is invisible.




    Sorry men, two meme limit.

  12. Likes captube, glennac liked this post
  13. #50
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Bay Area California
    Posts
    24,567
    Post Likes
    Actually, no.

    To be specific, the Mueller Report didn't even do what it was supposed to do. Which was to make a determination. And it did not.

    You keep telling us your feelings, without giving us facts.


    Quote Originally Posted by garyed View Post
    There was plenty of evidence of obstruction of justice in the Mueller report. I don't think it rose to the level for impeachment but there was plenty of smoke in the gun. There is no way to know what possible crimes Trump committed because he's so good at covering up & blocking investigations. I don't think we'll ever see him testify under oath because he has such a hard time telling the truth that even he knows he would commit perjury. Just like a true dictator Trump labels those who oppose him for treason & brings up civil war if he is impeached.
    If you were a real tech, you'd solder a relay on that board and call it good to go.

    I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

    I use 56% silver on everything except steel.

    Did you really need the " If you were a real tech " ??

  14. Likes glennac liked this post
  15. #51
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Urbandale IA. USA
    Posts
    5,447
    Post Likes
    Those who dance, appear insane to those who do not hear the music.
    Those who believe, appear ignorant to those who do not know God.

  16. Likes glennac liked this post
  17. #52
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Deep Southeast
    Posts
    7,560
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by garyed View Post
    There was plenty of evidence of obstruction of justice in the Mueller report. I don't think it rose to the level for impeachment but there was plenty of smoke in the gun. There is no way to know what possible crimes Trump committed because he's so good at covering up & blocking investigations. I don't think we'll ever see him testify under oath because he has such a hard time telling the truth that even he knows he would commit perjury. Just like a true dictator Trump labels those who oppose him for treason & brings up civil war if he is impeached.
    But isn't that questionable, given that the entire investigation was based on false premises, lies and political vendetta?

    a) How can we trust any conclusions of the investigation given it's corrupt nature?

    b) Doesn't the corrupt nature of the investigation render obstruction charges moot? If certain parties manufactured the 'smoke'?

  18. Likes glennac, lions_lair liked this post
Page 4 of 116 FirstFirst 12345678910111454104 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •