Page 149 of 273 FirstFirst ... 4999139142143144145146147148149150151152153154155156159199249 ... LastLast
Results 1,925 to 1,937 of 3549

Thread: Impeachment

  1. #1925
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Bay Area California
    Posts
    25,899
    Post Likes
    That's it? Just two? I'm really surprised.


    Quote Originally Posted by netsalt View Post
    House Democrats just unveiled articles of impeachment against President Trump. There are two: abuse of power and obstruction of Congress.
    I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

  2. #1926
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Bay Area California
    Posts
    25,899
    Post Likes
    There's certainly no abuse of power. And after what he's been through, who would comply with the next kangaroo court?
    I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

  3. #1927
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    2,144
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BBeerme View Post
    Keep in mind guys, Lahrs is playing you.

    They have free speech, but if you say something wrong, you're arrested. (?)

    He, by definition, needs to conform. If he doesn't, he can get arrested. So far, he is a good soldier.

    Those here arguing against him, at least those in America, do not have those threats.
    Really?? I'm not playing with anything. I mean exactly what I say and I say it because I think it should be said. You know, free speech!! If anything BB, I feel more limited in this corner of the internet than any where else. (Self imposed, stick to things that aren't strictly US, not my place, respect)

    By what definition do I need to conform? Please explain what you are on about!

    I live in a country that would let me be a pumpkin if I wanted to. Hell, healthcare would probably pay for the transition.

  4. #1928
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Bay Area California
    Posts
    25,899
    Post Likes
    Remember folks, the dims cried impeachment BEFORE trump ever took office. The mueller report was a setup for impeachment. Also remember, as I have said before, first time in our history a special counsel did not do what they were supposed to do. Which was to make a determination one way or the other.

    This whole impeachment process just fell flat on its face.
    I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

  5. #1929
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Bay Area California
    Posts
    25,899
    Post Likes
    In America I can tell you to eff off, and there will be no consequences.

    In America, we are told that is not so in Canada.


    Quote Originally Posted by Lahrs View Post
    Really?? I'm not playing with anything. I mean exactly what I say and I say it because I think it should be said. You know, free speech!! If anything BB, I feel more limited in this corner of the internet than any where else. (Self imposed, stick to things that aren't strictly US, not my place, respect)

    By what definition do I need to conform? Please explain what you are on about!

    I live in a country that would let me be a pumpkin if I wanted to. Hell, healthcare would probably pay for the transition.
    I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

  6. #1930
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Bay Area California
    Posts
    25,899
    Post Likes
    I can't help but think the House told the Senate:

    Look, all we got is a big nothing burger, so we're going to through you guys a real slow pitch. Please just make this go away as quietly as you can.


    Quote Originally Posted by netsalt View Post
    House Democrats just unveiled articles of impeachment against President Trump. There are two: abuse of power and obstruction of Congress.
    I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

  7. #1931
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    2,144
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BBeerme View Post
    In America I can tell you to eff off, and there will be no consequences.

    In America, we are told that is not so in Canada.
    You are told wrong. Media lies to you.

    Mmm, I guess getting told to eff off right back is a consequence. As childish and ineffective as it may be.

    Please answer, by what definition do I need to conform? Serious question, I have no idea what you are on about.

  8. #1932
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Losantiville
    Posts
    4,857
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BBeerme View Post
    There's certainly no abuse of power. And after what he's been through, who would comply with the next kangaroo court?
    It is an obvious abuse of power that continues to be a major issue.

    This is the Congress of the United States, not a kangaroo court - personal opinions aside - non compliance is an issue.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you in trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.

  9. #1933
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Deep Southeast
    Posts
    8,748
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by netsalt View Post
    It is an obvious abuse of power that continues to be a major issue.

    This is the Congress of the United States, not a kangaroo court - personal opinions aside - non compliance is an issue.
    You have to overlook a lot to conclude that it isnt a kangaroo court. No way Trump could have or should have appeared.

  10. #1934
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Losantiville
    Posts
    4,857
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by vin lashon View Post
    You have to overlook a lot to conclude that it isnt a kangaroo court. No way Trump could have or should have appeared.
    Put the party politics aside for a moment and realize that the House conducted a completely legal investigation as is provided for in the Constitution - no matter what the right wing spinmasters tell you.

    If Trump's actions were "perfect" there would be no need to instruct his entire administration and anyone else involved to keep their mouth shut.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you in trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.

  11. #1935
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Deep Southeast
    Posts
    8,748
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by netsalt View Post
    Put the party politics aside for a moment and realize that the House conducted a completely legal investigation as is provided for in the Constitution - no matter what the right wing spinmasters tell you.

    If Trump's actions were "perfect" there would be no need to instruct his entire administration and anyone else involved to keep their mouth shut.
    Exactly what the Dems should have done, but they didn't. They made this an entirely political process. It's what makes it a kangaroo court. The Trump admin did the right thing. Only a fool would willingly subject himself to this kind of proceeding.

  12. #1936
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Beatrice, NE
    Posts
    10,301
    Post Likes
    One other thing to consider here.

    Obstruction is one of the charges but if a president is trying to protect his administration from a silent coupe then is it really obstruction or trying to maintain the rights protected by the constitution. There have been no witnesses in any of the hearings that could point to any factual evidence only hearsay and presumption, NONE. So how does one obstruct something that is not really there?

    The other charge is abuse of power. It falls under the paragraph above also. I would think abuse of power would be to have Schiff, Nadler, and Pelosi to start with arrested for treason but he didn't even threaten that. So much for abuse of power.

  13. #1937
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Dacula, GA
    Posts
    20,183
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by netsalt View Post
    House Democrats just unveiled articles of impeachment against President Trump. There are two: abuse of power and obstruction of Congress.
    Funny salty, what abuse of power and I didn't realize that Congress ran the President and or the executive branch of government and told them what to do and if they disobeyed their "orders" then that was obstruction of justice.

    As long as the communist are in control of the House they are able to do what they want I guess in your leftist opinion huh? Gees give us (real Americans here) a break salty. Thank you, thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."

    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Sen. Barry Goldwater

Page 149 of 273 FirstFirst ... 4999139142143144145146147148149150151152153154155156159199249 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •