Page 148 of 226 FirstFirst ... 4898138141142143144145146147148149150151152153154155158198 ... LastLast
Results 1,912 to 1,924 of 2938

Thread: Impeachment

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahrs View Post
    In my example, no it doesn't. Now, if a deeper understanding is required, of course the why is important.

From what I read here, you guys are at each other's throats. And you have an immigration problem. So which is it?

Regardless, I'm finding myself being tasked to defend something that wasn't my original point.
    Yes we have an immigration problem but we are not killing each other the immigrants are. We have lively debates but of all the mass shootings you hear about it is seldom a guy going out and shooting up his neighborhood. Most are traced back to either a immigrant that has been in country only a few years or a guy that was converted to being a terrorist. Totally different thing than neighbors yelling over the fence about who's dog crapped on who's yard. If you just look at the numbers and not what is behind them you have a totally biased view. Biased views come from bad intel, which leads to bad decisions, which lead to being somewhere you don't want to be. For example the last mass homicide in my area was I believe caused by an Indian raid where bow and arrow didn't fair well against a rifle, but that was before or right around the time we became a state. So the fact that Chicago has a bunch shot every weekend the only shots here are hunting and whiskey, possibly at the same time. {this is suppose to be a humorous statement, please laugh at your own digression}

Post Likes
    Congratulations on completely missing the mark on 'why'. You may want to go back and see why the 'why' does not matter to what I originally referred to, a foreigner assessing the current state of a country during their short visit. Context right?
    Context:

Example: Does country A or country B have a higher homicide rate? It is a binary assessment. In the context of the question, the why doesn't matter. If one needs to make an informed decision (what areas of a country should I avoid) yes, when/why/where/how/who, matters.

A simple concept.
    Perhaps a crime statistic site would serve your purposes better than a political forum? What could be simpler?

Context:
    ...My point, as a foreigner trying to take stock of a country, as it is, the why doesn't matter.
    Again, how does one "take stock" of a country if one lacks understanding? I suppose you could pretend that you know it all, but that's a poor basis for properly drawn conclusions.

As to the separate(!!!) assessment of the effectiveness of how the 'why' is discussed by y'all, I stand by it. If it's not civil, it's not a debate. Just yelling at each other.
    I don't disagree, although if you've missed that there is more than just that here, we return to your lack of understanding. BTW, we also have some posters here well versed in that art of the passive-aggressive, which, while not "yelling at each other", is less constructive in it's own condescending way. Certainly not the type of debate you would engage in? Surely not.

3. Likes Brian8383 liked this post
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by vin lashon View Post
    Context:

Perhaps a crime statistic site would serve your purposes better than a political forum? What could be simpler?

Context:

Again, how does one "take stock" of a country if one lacks understanding? I suppose you could pretend that you know it all, but that's a poor basis for properly drawn conclusions.

I don't disagree, although if you've missed that there is more than just that here, we return to your lack of understanding. BTW, we also have some posters here well versed in that art of the passive-aggressive, which, while not "yelling at each other", is less constructive in it's own condescending way. Certainly not the type of debate you would engage in? Surely not.
    What? Let's chalk this up to my lack of writing skills and your poor comprehension of such.

Post Likes
    What? Let's chalk this up to my lack of writing skills and your poor comprehension of such.
    Heh!

Post Likes
    Impeachment is NIGH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What a mess..... I'll tell ya what...... if one of those congress folks ever talked to me like they do these witnesses and others...... Id get up from my chair and be pounding their noggin into the edge of a table before security even thought of stopping me.

Our congress must be a short d**ked group..... guess these hearings..... with armed guards for them around... are about their only chance to feel like a man.

both sides too...
    The bible is my constitution and the constitution is my bible.

WE THE PEOPLE refers to THEM and not YOU.

Chewbacca Mom 2016

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post
    Impeachment is NIGH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What a mess..... I'll tell ya what...... if one of those congress folks ever talked to me like they do these witnesses and others...... Id get up from my chair and be pounding their noggin into the edge of a table before security even thought of stopping me.

Our congress must be a short d**ked group..... guess these hearings..... with armed guards for them around... are about their only chance to feel like a man.

both sides too...
    The elitist smug attitude from those people didn't bug you?

You know of they ruled the earth you would be the first group to get tossed into the gas chambers. You serve no purpose. Not politically. Not financially. You are the threat because guys like you are the first ones to grab the pitchforks and torches and march to their castles once you finally wake up. You are a drain in the society they envision and a possible future threat.

On the other hand, guys like Congressman Matt Gaetz would have you over for steaks and beer on a regular basis if he were your neighbor.

Not sure how you are such a bad judge of character. But I've found that's a common thread among those that don't understand conservatism and fall for the propaganda of the left.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk
    “Free men do not ask permission to bear arms.”
    -Possibly said by Thomas Jefferson(but true even if he didn't)

“What one generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace.”
    ― Definitely said by John Wesley

Post Likes
    Keep in mind guys, Lahrs is playing you.

They have free speech, but if you say something wrong, you're arrested. (?)

He, by definition, needs to conform. If he doesn't, he can get arrested. So far, he is a good soldier.

Those here arguing against him, at least those in America, do not have those threats.
    If you were a real tech, you'd solder a relay on that board and call it good to go.

I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

I use 56% silver on everything except steel.

Did you really need the " If you were a real tech " ??

Post Likes
    Aint a bit of difference between a pug pol and a dim pol........ they are on the same team and its us against them.

All are scum...... they get in office for one thing... personal gain........ they just feed people different bones in order to get them to vote for them and keep them in their lucrative jobs.

Blowhards....

IMPEACHMENT IS NIGH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Everyone should be excited..... 2 presidents impeached in our lifetimes.....

Ill have to get a

TRUMP GOT IMPEACHED AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEE SHIRT.... shirt.
    The bible is my constitution and the constitution is my bible.

WE THE PEOPLE refers to THEM and not YOU.

Chewbacca Mom 2016

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post
    Aint a bit of difference between a pug pol and a dim pol........ they are on the same team and its us against them.

All are scum...... they get in office for one thing... personal gain........ they just feed people different bones in order to get them to vote for them and keep them in their lucrative jobs.

Blowhards....

IMPEACHMENT IS NIGH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Everyone should be excited..... 2 presidents impeached in our lifetimes.....

Ill have to get a

TRUMP GOT IMPEACHED AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEE SHIRT.... shirt.
    Yeah but you love the commie dims and hate American pugs corn. Your not fooling anyone. Thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."

"I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Sen. Barry Goldwater

Post Likes
    Democrats to unveil articles of impeachment focused on abuse of power, obstruction

No surprises here. We all knew that, impeachment being the Dem's Holy Grail, there would be articles. Either they don't recognize or don't care that most know the proceedings are a (TDS) Schiff led kangaroo court. The only dilemma for the Dems has been what charges they would bring. Bribery was the golden ring, but it wouldn't fly. Yet, the proceedings, being the runaway train it is, couldn't be stopped. The likelihood is that the Dems will be run over by the very train they put in motion.

It's unlikely that the Senate will find it worthy of trial, but there may be a trial anyway. Whatever happens won't bode well for the Dems, IMO. Trump will not be removed from office and will likely win 2020.

Post Likes
    NO ONE IS ABOVE THE LAW.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you in trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.

Post Likes
    Are you commenting on Trump? If so, what law is it you think he broke?

Quote Originally Posted by netsalt View Post
    NO ONE IS ABOVE THE LAW.
    If you were a real tech, you'd solder a relay on that board and call it good to go.

I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

I use 56% silver on everything except steel.

Did you really need the " If you were a real tech " ??

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BBeerme View Post
    Are you commenting on Trump? If so, what law is it you think he broke?
    House Democrats just unveiled articles of impeachment against President Trump. There are two: abuse of power and obstruction of Congress.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you in trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.

Page 148 of 226 FirstFirst ... 4898138141142143144145146147148149150151152153154155158198 ... LastLast