Page 98 of 273 FirstFirst ... 4888919293949596979899100101102103104105108148198 ... LastLast
Results 1,262 to 1,274 of 3549

Thread: Impeachment

Post Likes
    You know things are bad when Obama actually makes sense:

Left turns on Obama for challenging calls to ‘tear down the system’

2. Likes Brian8383 liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by vin lashon View Post
    You know things are bad when Obama actually makes sense:

Left turns on Obama for challenging calls to ‘tear down the system’
    True.

And this is why I say you have to be nuts to ever support the Democrat party. They are so far away from the "stated" goals and motivations of any classic liberal. They really need to reflect upon what they are doing and what they are enabling.

It's not just the impeachment sham/circus. It's nearly everything the Democrat party is doing is undeniably evil. And the "classic liberal" is playing a pivotal role in enabling it.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk
    “Free men do not ask permission to bear arms.”
    -Possibly said by Thomas Jefferson(but true even if he didn't)

“What one generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace.”
    ― Definitely said by John Wesley

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian8383 View Post
    So let me get this right..... Trump's crimes are idiomatic of a certain "well". But when members of that "well" do far worse that what Trump is accused of, AND EVEN PUBLICLY ADMIT TO IT, it is treated as "Nothing to see here ma'am, move along."

Sounds like one of the "wells" is poisoned. So you'll excuse me if I don't switch.

No Brian. The comment was made "assuming guilt" if you want to re-read.
    So ya, based on guilt. And once again like I have posted several times, a transgressor is hanged for their crimes REGARDLESS what someone might have done. Again being proof based. The only influence other convictions have is the degree of punishment.

Again your hanging someone w/o a trial. You assume guilt of those that called the hearing because they wanted to discover the extent of T's re-inventing foreign policy.
    The hearings are to arrive at a decision if T is guilty. Not if Mickey did the same or worse. Or Joe, or his kid or even if this misdemeanor has been the way of doing business in Washington. All that is not relevant to Mr.T's alleged crimes, missteps even if it's said "Everyone does it!"
    There are lots of wells. We all are influenced by something. If we discover that influence is poisoning us we have a choice. Consider a bad relationship if that helps. Set yourself free.
    Give me a relay with big enough contacts, and I'll run the world!

You can be anything you want......As long as you don't suck at it.

If a person wants to create a machine that will be more likely to fail...Make it complicated.

USAF 98 Bomb Wing 1960-66 SMW Lu49

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Missouri Guy View Post
    What high crimes?

Sent from LG Stylo 4 using Tapatalk

Or misdemeanors. That's what the hearing is supposed to find out. Then if T will be charged if a crime has occurred. That's my understanding. If you have a different understanding, weigh in. I know these procedures are new to most.

If a person wants to create a machine that will be more likely to fail...Make it complicated.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BBeerme View Post
    Okay, let's say that Trump is guilty of seeking to keep Biden from being his running mate. How does that threaten the security of our country?
    That's not the issue. It's supposed to be Trump asked a foreign power to help and interfere with our election process. Way more serious than a BJ. By your thinking the Russian hacking should be OK.
    The last thing you should be thinking is that Trump is innocent, did nothing bad, told lies but seemed like truth. I think we all know Mr.T would do anything to win and he is far from innocent. Or even a nice guy.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by hvacker View Post
    That's not the issue. It's supposed to be Trump asked a foreign power to help and interfere with our election process. Way more serious than a BJ. By your thinking the Russian hacking should be OK.
    The last thing you should be thinking is that Trump is innocent, did nothing bad, told lies but seemed like truth. I think we all know Mr.T would do anything to win and he is far from innocent. Or even a nice guy.
    So how did he ask a foreign power to interfere in our election process? As I understand it he told a foreign leader that his AG was going to be calling him about possible corruption between the US and that leaders country. So by your definition, no candidate can call the police if they find evidence that the opponent committed a crime because if could adversely affect the election. Funny, you don't even seem to care who or what kind of corruption may have existed or still be going on, your more concerned that a democrat doesn't get a black eye for past indiscretions.

Post Likes
    Dims are wanting the compleat Mueller report now. They want slop jars questions and answers so they can try and get him for lying to the feds.

I don’t think this will come to anything though. Trump is smart enough to to never commit to anything .

Could be, maybe, I don’t recall ...

Post Likes
    No Brian. The comment was made "assuming guilt" if you want to re-read.
    So ya, based on guilt. And once again like I have posted several times, a transgressor is hanged for their crimes REGARDLESS what someone might have done. Again being proof based. The only influence other convictions have is the degree of punishment.

Again your hanging someone w/o a trial. You assume guilt of those that called the hearing because they wanted to discover the extent of T's re-inventing foreign policy.
    The hearings are to arrive at a decision if T is guilty. Not if Mickey did the same or worse. Or Joe, or his kid or even if this misdemeanor has been the way of doing business in Washington. All that is not relevant to Mr.T's alleged crimes, missteps even if it's said "Everyone does it!"
    There are lots of wells. We all are influenced by something. If we discover that influence is poisoning us we have a choice. Consider a bad relationship if that helps. Set yourself free.
    The primary point is missing in your conclusion. It's not about "they did it too!" It never has been:

It's about trust in the process and those conducting it. If we see them ignoring possible crimes committed by their own, their character is called into question. How can we trust them to preform their duty with integrity, honesty and character? We don't want to allow a compromised entity to be the sole decider for the impeachment of a POTUS, do we?

Post Likes
    Instruction or opinion?

Post Likes
    Actually, that is the issue. You made it the issue.

You said something along the lines that national security was in jeopardy.

But have not been able to explain why national security was an issue.

We are still waiting for your answer.

Please speak.

I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

Post Likes
    The real question is not whether Trump was trying to get the Ukraine to dig up dirt on a political opponent. I think that is a given & even though Trump supporters may not admit it, they have to think it's probably true. Thinking Trump was going after corruption just makes it OK if he gets dirt on his opponent in the process. Anyways, that in itself while it may be underhanded I don't think it rises to an impeachable offense.
    If Trump actually held back military aid in order to pressure the Ukraine to investigate the Biden's I do think that is an impeachable offense. Whether that can be proven is a whole other issue.
    So far there has not been any solid proof against Trump doing such a thing. Most of the testimony so far has led to speculation & logical assumptions but no definitive proof. We'll just have to wait & see if the rest of the hearings are going to be more of the same or if there really is going to be a bomb shell that proves the case.
    Gary
    -----------
    http://www.oceanhvac.com
    The best things in life are free but not everyone is willing to pay the price.

13. Likes davidadavis liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by garyed View Post
    The real question is not whether Trump was trying to get the Ukraine to dig up dirt on a political opponent. I think that is a given & even though Trump supporters may not admit it, they have to think it's probably true. Thinking Trump was going after corruption just makes it OK if he gets dirt on his opponent in the process. Anyways, that in itself while it may be underhanded I don't think it rises to an impeachable offense.
    If Trump actually held back military aid in order to pressure the Ukraine to investigate the Biden's I do think that is an impeachable offense. Whether that can be proven is a whole other issue.
    So far there has not been any solid proof against Trump doing such a thing. Most of the testimony so far has led to speculation & logical assumptions but no definitive proof. We'll just have to wait & see if the rest of the hearings are going to be more of the same or if there really is going to be a bomb shell that proves the case.
    Does this mean that you recognize that there is "dirt" to get?

As to whether holding back military aid being impeachable, , I'm not really sure. Beyond "High crimes and misdemeanors", the article is pretty vague on the specific crimes.

I agree...no 'damning' testimony thus far. In fact, inconsistencies have been found in the testimonies of Taylor & Holmes:

Official's testimony on Trump-Ukraine call conflicts with top diplomat's story

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by vin lashon View Post
    Does this mean that you recognize that there is "dirt" to get?

As to whether holding back military aid being impeachable, , I'm not really sure. Beyond "High crimes and misdemeanors", the article is pretty vague on the specific crimes.

I agree...no 'damning' testimony thus far. In fact, inconsistencies have been found in the testimonies of Taylor & Holmes:

Official's testimony on Trump-Ukraine call conflicts with top diplomat's story
    Shouldn't there be some ramifications for the democrats. Once again putting us though yet another scam investigation. For further dividing the country between people who have figured out the evil of the left and those who are still blind.

Serious question Gary?

How can you support this madness Gary?

“Free men do not ask permission to bear arms.”
    -Possibly said by Thomas Jefferson(but true even if he didn't)

“What one generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace.”
    ― Definitely said by John Wesley

Page 98 of 273 FirstFirst ... 4888919293949596979899100101102103104105108148198 ... LastLast