Page 78 of 273 FirstFirst ... 286871727374757677787980818283848588128178 ... LastLast
Results 1,002 to 1,014 of 3549

Thread: Impeachment

Post Likes
    Personal opinion...

Corruption (govt employees bending the rules) has become too easy... and too many amateurs are trying it..
    Looks like some of them are gonna find out the law is the law...

GA-HVAC-Tech

Your comfort, Your way, Everyday!

GA's basic rules of home heating and AC upgrades:
    *Installation is more important than the brand of equipment
    *The duct system keeps the house comfortable; the equipment only heats and cools (and dehumidifies)
    *Cheap is not good, good is not cheap; however expensive is not a guarantee of quality!
    Choose your contractor wisely!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by vin lashon View Post
    Your thinking is limited and thus, error prone.
    You keep saying this but never explain yourself... put that thinking cap on and logically explain where you think I am mistaken.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by davidadavis View Post
    You keep saying this but never explain yourself... put that thinking cap on and logically explain where you think I am mistaken.
    First, I should say that your passive-aggressive comments have become tedious.

I've explained my position many times where Biden and Trump are concerned. Still, you continue to draw erroneous conclusions. You can either peruse the thread or simply wait. I'm sure it will come up again.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by vin lashon View Post
    First, I should say that your passive-aggressive comments have become tedious.

I've explained my position many times where Biden and Trump are concerned. Still, you continue to draw erroneous conclusions. You can either peruse the thread or simply wait. I'm sure it will come up again.
    You, nor anyone else in this thread has answered my questions, which is tedious indeed. Maybe I haven't articulated them well enough, but it seriously isn't complicated.

Biden said that he pressured UA to fire Shokin because (as he claimed) Shokin was corrupt. His potential conflict of interest was that his son Hunter worked for a company that Shokin was investigating (not Hunter himself like some here seem to claim).

Trump said that he pressured UA to investigate Biden because (as he claims) Biden had committed a crime. His potential conflict of interest is that Biden is a political rival.

In my opinion, none of us in ARP has firm evidence that either Shokin nor Biden were indeed corrupt, nor if Biden or Trump committed a crime. We do however know, that they both showed poor judgement not "recusing" themselves, or whatever you want to call it in this circumstance.

No one here on ARP has explained why they believe Trumps story that he was simply combating corruption. It is just stated as a fact, when there is nothing I know of that proves it a fact. Do you have evidence that would support Trump saying he was fighting corruption? (other than you simply believe him).

Post Likes
    Public hearings tomorrow. Bet the peacocks will be strutting their stuff... grandstanding.. etc.

Hope we will get some interesting news out of it.

Post Likes
    Watching hearings now.. Taylor is a punk. all I am hearing is alot of speculation

Sent from LG Stylo 4 using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Missouri Guy View Post
    Watching hearings now.. Taylor is a punk. all I am hearing is alot of speculation

What , you expected more?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BNME8EZ View Post
    What , you expected more?
    For a rigged hearing..it's not going very well for the Democrats

Post Likes
    Trump and other members of the GOP are now describing the hearings as 'boring'.

Not that they actually consider them boring, mind you. This is in preparation for the legal defense that I predicted would come. And it all boils down to what a "high crime and misdemeanor" is.

See? This is exactly WHY it is termed boring though I'd be willing to bet that many who said that had their eyes glued to it as we did.

Because no matter what Trump is accused of, or indeed may have done, and no matter the level of it, that will be the defense. No crime and nothing to see here... move along.
    Last edited by scrogdog; 11-13-2019 at 03:20 PM. Reason: Typo
    "Most people would sooner die than think; in fact, they do so." ― Bertrand Russell

Post Likes
    My mom voted for Trump and was watching it saying how effective, forthright and powerful a testimony Taylor gave.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Missouri Guy View Post
    For a rigged hearing..it's not going very well for the Democrats

No doubt...what a joke and a waste of taxpayers money. All monies spent on this sham should come out of the DNC's coffer.
    Democrats are an embarrassment to this country! The rest of the world laughs that citizens here could vote for such idiots.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by coolwhip View Post
    No doubt...what a joke and a waste of taxpayers money. All monies spent on this sham should come out of the DNC's coffer.
    Democrats are an embarrassment to this country! The rest of the world laughs that citizens here could vote for such idiots.
    Indeed.. the Democrats are showing their colors...this may come back to haunt them..right now the Republicans are being very passive and still they are winning

Quote Originally Posted by coolwhip View Post

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    OTOH Gary...

If you look at the 2nd through the lens of the statement Senator Rand Paul made:
    See post #964...

The goal of the 2nd is to put teeth in the rest of the founding documents... to LIMIT govt interfering with freedom!

When one sees it that way... one sees the INTENTIONS (also referred to as the 'spirit' of the law) of the founders...
    The letter of the law is not what is important...
    The INTENTIONS (spirit) of the law is what is important.

Sadly...
    It takes more maturity to understand intentions/spirit of the law, than letter of the law...

And discussing the spirit of the law over the letter of the law...
    Does not make for cool feeling 'soundbytes'...
    Right on the button, but considering the lousy basic education today, when they don't even seem to teach our constitution any longer, it don't surprise me that person no longer see the rotten political system we have now, and considering as much negativity I see about Trump, also shows me how uneducated many are.

Roy
    A man is no less a slave because he is allowed to choose a new master once in a term of years.
    Lysander Spooner

Page 78 of 273 FirstFirst ... 286871727374757677787980818283848588128178 ... LastLast