Page 144 of 249 FirstFirst ... 4494134137138139140141142143144145146147148149150151154194244 ... LastLast
Results 1,860 to 1,872 of 3231

Thread: Impeachment

Post Likes
    Good article G...Newt is a smart man and a great historian.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Poodle Head Mikey View Post
    When you look down range at the target - where do you aim?

Anybody will tell you: the bulls eye. And why? Because that is what the target is all about - all the rest of it is only there to let you gauge how poor a shot you are.

Of course you may never consistently hit the bulls eye. But only a damned fool would aim for any other place on the target. I think we can all agree with that.

When a loser can't beat a winner - and accept with grace that he is not as good at the thing as is the winner - the goal of the contest has to be changed. <g>

PHM
    ---------
    On a related note. While keeping his eye on the target there may be lots of mockers and yelling going on all around him. But, the winner is able to concentrate on the target while ignoring all the noise. That is what makes him the winner.

Trump can stay on target in spite of the noise from the opposition and he is quite good at it. Amazing actually.
    "No matter how thirsty your imagination, mirages contain no water"

Post Likes
    Well; first the House has to come up with the article(s) of impeachment. Then the House has to majority vote to proceed on each article independently. If any receive a majority vote that article is given to the Senate for trial.

Where my knowledge falls short is: Is The Senate then OBLIGED to try-the-case? Can they just stamp it 'received' and then do nothing? Can they just 'try' the case indefinitely? Are they bound by any time constraints in terms of taking action or can they just 'consider the matter' indefinitely?

I can tell you: if I were a democrat member of Congress - who wanted to be elected again - I would be looking to distance myself from this loser. So I can picture an impeachment failing in the House.

A President can almost certainly be successful in ignoring a congressional subpoena - but how would Biden manage it? He's a private citizen.

PHM
    --------

Quote Originally Posted by BBeerme View Post
    I think it's a given that the house will vote to impeach Trump, even though there have been no crimes or a vote. And no evidence.

So, what do y'all think the Senate will do? Just dismiss? Or call witnesses to show how lame the House was in their "investigation"?

Biden has already stated he will not show up if subpoenaed. I'm guessing Shift for brains wouldn't either. Or Eric the whistle blower.

Seems like it would be pretty easy for the Senate to simply say that since the House is committing obstruction of justice, by necessity we need to dismiss these so called impeachment proceedings.

What y'all think ?
    PHM
    --------
    The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking.

Post Likes
    Well; first the House has to come up with the article(s) of impeachment. Then the House has to majority vote to proceed on each article independently. If any receive a majority vote that article is given to the Senate for trial.
    Pelosi Says House Democrats Will Draft Articles Of Impeachment Against Trump

Odd that Pelosi has done this, given that it's not even through the HJC yet. She has a habit of moving forward without knowing "what's in it".

Where my knowledge falls short is: Is The Senate then OBLIGED to try-the-case? Can they just stamp it 'received' and then do nothing? Can they just 'try' the case indefinitely? Are they bound by any time constraints in terms of taking action or can they just 'consider the matter' indefinitely?

I can tell you: if I were a democrat member of Congress - who wanted to be elected again - I would be looking to distance myself from this loser. So I can picture an impeachment failing in the House.

A President can almost certainly be successful in ignoring a congressional subpoena - but how would Biden manage it? He's a private citizen.

PHM
    --------
    The Senate can choose to go to trial or dismiss it altogether at their discretion. I'm thinking the Dems really don't want to see a Senate trial, since it's likely that all kinds of Dem dirt will come up. I think it's a toss up as to what they will do.

If they decide to accept it for trial, it won't be because the evidence justifies impeachment (it doesn't). It'll be to push the Dem's faces in their own subversion. Either to keep the Presidential candidates chained to the desk or to use the trial to bring charges against the Dems for their nefarious activities. Another possibility is that they may have the trial in order to gain a Not Guilty result, which the Dems definitely don't want.

One event that could provide fuel for the Senate fire is the DOJ report on the Russia Collusion debacle. The report is due to be released on Monday.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post
    No, sorry, it’s Trump.
    He is a laughingstock around the world. He needs to go.
    The last laugh:

https://youtu.be/zhFITIm-ThY

Excerpt:

"The Dems aren't mad because President Trump's policies aren't working, they're seething because they are."

Post Likes
    When you look down range at the target - where do you aim?

Anybody will tell you: the bulls eye. And why? Because that is what the target is all about - all the rest of it is only there to let you gauge how poor a shot you are.

Of course you may never consistently hit the bulls eye. But only a damned fool would aim for any other place on the target. I think we can all agree with that.

When a loser can't beat a winner - and accept with grace that he is not as good at the thing as is the winner - the goal of the contest has to be changed. <g>

PHM
    ---------
    That was the whole point. The left has taken the bullseye and made it the size of the side of a large building and made the range arms length. Joy comes from accomplishment, doing that which takes effort. Where is the fun of playing a game you can't lose? As a very accomplished HVAC professional do you get more joy from doing a simple clean and check or solving that problem that other techs have walked away confused at? Why have we as a society taken the easy way out? Have we become such couch potatoes that anything requiring more effort than pressing the remote button is too much?

I don't think so! If that was the case why are more fitness places opening, some 24 hours/day. Why are on line courses flourishing? Why does this site seem to continue to grow? People want to improve, to be better today than we were yesterday. Little kids playing ball, even though they don't officially keep score, know who won.

Someone, don't know who or why, want us to accept that no one is better than the worst of us. We have become complacent about so many things. The more we lose that competitive spirit the easier we are to control. Why do we accept this? A NASCAR driver was once quoted as saying during an interview where he came in second said "There is nothing great about being 2nd, it only means you are the first loser".

So the first question is why are we letting them get away with this and the 2nd is how do we take it back? I think Trump is a threat to this mediocrity. So where are the Trump supporters in this fight? Trump can't make a decree and suddenly games keep score or people are no longer happy being overweight or change the syllabus to classes so kids are no longer held to no higher standard than the least of them.

How do we fight back?

Post Likes
    Regarding Biden, who knows, but he is on tape saying that if subpoenaed, he will not show up.

As far as the Senate goes, it is my understanding they can just dismiss the whole impeachment. So far, all the House has is business as usual. If the Senate were to move to impeach, they would be signing their own death certificate, because they all do the same. So far, they haven't come up with one single thing Trump did wrong.

Simple example:
    The House (Schift for brains) keeps saying that what Trump did in the phone call to the Ukraine was to tamper with an election. But it was CONGRESS ITSELF who mandated in writing that corruption be investigated as A CONDITION to releasing those monies. Trump was DOING EXACTLY what Congress wanted to be done.

This whole thing is as laughable as it can be. Mark Levin is real good at spelling things out. So far, there is exactly zero substance to what the House is doing.

PHM
    --------
    If you were a real tech, you'd solder a relay on that board and call it good to go.

I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

I use 56% silver on everything except steel.

Did you really need the " If you were a real tech " ??

Post Likes
    Regarding Biden, who knows, but he is on tape saying that if subpoenaed, he will not show up.

As far as the Senate goes, it is my understanding they can just dismiss the whole impeachment. So far, all the House has is business as usual. If the Senate were to move to impeach, they would be signing their own death certificate, because they all do the same. So far, they haven't come up with one single thing Trump did wrong.

Simple example:
    The House (Schift for brains) keeps saying that what Trump did in the phone call to the Ukraine was to tamper with an election. But it was CONGRESS ITSELF who mandated in writing that corruption be investigated as A CONDITION to releasing those monies. Trump was DOING EXACTLY what Congress wanted to be done.

This whole thing is as laughable as it can be. Mark Levin is real good at spelling things out. So far, there is exactly zero substance to what the House is doing.
    As are the last 3 years of their efforts to Dump Trump. They try to pass it all off as 'standing up for America', but they just can't seem to recognize how transparent their position is.

Post Likes
    Near as I can figure is that support for Trump is so strong, The Left feels the need to trash him in the court of public opinion.

Remember the Mueller Special Counsel Investigation? First time in the history of our country they did not do what they were supposed to do. They were supposed to come to a conclusion one way or another, and they did not make any conclusion one way or the other.

The dims are completely off the rails, just making it up as they go. Not following a single rule, law, or precedent.

Quote Originally Posted by vin lashon View Post
    As are the last 3 years of their efforts to Dump Trump. They try to pass it all off as 'standing up for America', but they just can't seem to recognize how transparent their position is.
    If you were a real tech, you'd solder a relay on that board and call it good to go.

Post Likes
    Near as I can figure is that support for Trump is so strong, The Left feels the need to trash him in the court of public opinion.

Remember the Mueller Special Counsel Investigation? First time in the history of our country they did not do what they were supposed to do. They were supposed to come to a conclusion one way or another, and they did not make any conclusion one way or the other.

The dims are completely off the rails, just making it up as they go. Not following a single rule, law, or precedent.
    Things may change once Durham's report is released on Monday.

When I look at Schiff, I see fear in his eyes. He's starting to see that he's painted himself into a corner. It's a runaway train. He can't stop or jump off.

Post Likes
    The last laugh:

https://youtu.be/zhFITIm-ThY

Excerpt:

"The Dems aren't mad because President Trump's policies aren't working, they're seething because they are."
    Halley: Canada didn’t stand up to ‘the mob’ on anti-Israel UN resolution

Excerpt:

President Trump called Trudeau “two-faced” earlier this week after video surfaced of the Canadian prime minister appearing to laugh at Trump’s expense at a NATO summit in London.

That came a day after Trump had grilled Trudeau in person about whether his country was meeting its commitment to spend two percent of GDP on defense spending -- something Trudeau admitted his country was still falling short on meeting.

Say, weren't the other characters in the video NATO allies that Trump was pressing to pay their fair share (yes....the video was shot at the NATO Summit)? You just have to love the way the Left leaves out pertinent facts. And, while the fact that these yahoos were laughing (presumably at Trump) indicates they don't take Trump seriously, the truth is that they have that TDS thing going. The fact that he's requiring them to (finally) step up earns him their derision. Not wanting to pay their fair share is one way to them as part of the Liberal world.

What the yahoos don't realize is that they will step up. Trump won't back down, nor should he. No worries, they have 5 more years to get it right. It won't take that long.

Post Likes
    Actually he could. Very simply. I already stated how he could save face.

All he has to say is something like:
    Trump should clearly be impeached, but in order to get back to the business of running the country, we have chosen to drop the investigation.

It would take a real man to say that. Which is why Schift for brains won't.

Things may change once Durham's report is released on Monday.

When I look at Schiff, I see fear in his eyes. He's starting to see that he's painted himself into a corner. It's a runaway train. He can't stop or jump off.

Post Likes
    Actually he could. Very simply. I already stated how he could save face.

All he has to say is something like:
    Trump should clearly be impeached, but in order to get back to the business of running the country, we have chosen to drop the investigation.

It would take a real man to say that. Which is why Schift for brains won't.
    Good observation. That may well be what happens. It fits his character, but it won't save his odd little face, at least not for those of us who are paying attention.

As to the term 'real man', that's just not part of Schiff's reality.

Page 144 of 249 FirstFirst ... 4494134137138139140141142143144145146147148149150151154194244 ... LastLast