Page 115 of 249 FirstFirst ... 1565105108109110111112113114115116117118119120121122125165215 ... LastLast
Results 1,483 to 1,495 of 3230

Thread: Impeachment

  1. #1483
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    14,733
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BBeerme View Post
    It will be interesting to see what the House comes up with. So far, everything I've heard about is business as usual, Trump hasn't done anything that is not routine for what politicians do.
    Indeed..I haven't seen anything yet..I was expecting broken legs or something the way the Democrats were talking lol.
    The AG already started an investigation and Trump merely asked for cooperation.
    Aid is held up all the time anyway.
    They can connect the two if they wish.. still means nothing.
    What I see is nothing more than keeping the main issue out of the spotlight...the Biden crime ring.
    They aren't throwing the word politcal rival around anymore.
    The Democratic voters soak this stuff right up.
    "How dare you mess with poppa Joe" is what started it all...and the Democrats don't even realize it now.

    Trump has did a fine job with China Russia Mexico and N Korea.. Pacific trade agreement...and the "smog summit"
    He has a very steady economy ...Islamic terrorism here is very low on his watch.
    Who in the heal would want to impeach this guy?



    Sent from LG Stylo 4 using Tapatalk
    ...

  2. #1484
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    6,985
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Missouri Guy View Post
    First hand knowledge of what?
    First hand knowledge of what Trump did or didn't do or say concerning what he is being accused of.
    And how would you know if they didn't testify?

    Sent from LG Stylo 4 using Tapatalk
    That's just the point, we don't know because they refused to testify. So we can only speculate with the evidence or information that is available.

    It's interesting that those who don't like Trump think only a blind man could not see the obvious connection to Trump using his power for personal gain & Trump supporters think it obviously had nothing to do with that at all. I'm curious as to what those who have no ax to grind are thinking at this point.
    Gary
    -----------
    http://www.oceanhvac.com
    The best things in life are free but not everyone is willing to pay the price.

  3. #1485
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Beatrice, NE
    Posts
    10,074
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by garyed View Post
    My question is when it goes to the Senate are the same ones screaming about fairness going to want the Senate to be fair?
    We know the senate is not going to remove Trump from office under any circumstances but what kind of show are they going to put on. Unlike most here, I've been against impeachment not because of how the Democrats would run the investigation & hearings but because of the sham that the Republicans would put on in the Senate. At least the House Democrats made an attempt to hear from the witnesses with first hand knowledge of Trump's plan but I doubt the Senate Republicans will even want to hear from them. Their job is to protect their job & the party at all costs. Their Constitutional duty is a distant second. I have the same low opinion about the Democrats but I just happen to think they have a valid case against Trump.
    So a sham show put on by the GOP in the Senate is a problem but one in the House by the Dems isn't. Gee Gary, that is so non partisan of you!

    I think it is a shame that a sham show is going on in either house. That has been my problem since day one of this mess. If they want to investigate corruption fine, but investigate the whole ant hill, not just part of a small branch. If digging up guilty parties means actually digging up some people to get to the bottom of it so be it, but by gawd it had better be bipartisan, top to bottom, front to back, side to side and all encompassing. This mess the House has put on does nothing except satisfy a base. If the Senate does the same it will only serve to satisfy a base. I say get to the bottom of the corruption and throw them all in prison. If it turns out that Bush 41 was guilty then dig him up and rebury him in the prison exercise yard, same goes for LBJ. If Obama, and Clinton, and Ryan, and McConnell, and Biden, and, and , and, all end up in prison, GOOD! But don't just throw Comey in and say all the corruption is gone now. That won't fly either.

  4. #1486
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    14,733
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by garyed View Post
    First hand knowledge of what Trump did or didn't do or say concerning what he is being accused of.


    That's just the point, we don't know because they refused to testify. So we can only speculate with the evidence or information that is available.

    It's interesting that those who don't like Trump think only a blind man could not see the obvious connection to Trump using his power for personal gain & Trump supporters think it obviously had nothing to do with that at all. I'm curious as to what those who have no ax to grind are thinking at this point.
    So if they didn't testify ...that means Trump is guilty?
    So you have him guilty and having to prove his innocence.... not how it works Gary.
    So with your argument... Hunter Biden is guilty..
    So what do we do with Hunter now.
    But wait... Since Hunter is guilty and Trump is right we should hang Trump and let Hunter walk?
    Shouldn't it be hang hunter and let Trump walk .. after all with your argument Hunter is guilty.

    Then you go on about personal gain for Trump.
    It appears as if the Bidens has personal gain... And by Trump wanting that investigation to go through he is guilty..Ok



    Sent from LG Stylo 4 using Tapatalk
    ...

  5. Likes Brian8383 liked this post
  6. #1487
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    14,733
    Post Likes
    As a side note here.
    Whatever it takes to fight the corruption I am for... The more I hear about this the more I support Trump.
    As long as he didn't put a gun to the wigs head... I don't see a problem here.
    I say we hold all future aid until Ukraine gets this investigation done and people charged as well as keep the public updated with announcements.


    Sent from LG Stylo 4 using Tapatalk
    ...

  7. Likes Brian8383 liked this post
  8. #1488
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Beatrice, NE
    Posts
    10,074
    Post Likes
    Quick question for all you that think Trump is guilty.

    Except for Fox all the impeachment news has been against Trump. Turn on MSM and you hear Sondland say there was QPQ but never hear where he changed his testimony and said there never was and QPQ. Everything that has happened in this dog & pony show has been spun to make it look as bad as possible for Trump. Why are his approval numbers going up? Why are fewer thinking he is guilty and more thinking he did nothing wrong? The change was by about 5 points, seems like a pretty substantial jump.

  9. #1489
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Deep Southeast
    Posts
    8,309
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by garyed View Post
    The ones who were subpoenaed & refused to testify. The ones who had the most direct contact with Trump. The ones who could convince even a Trump supporter if he was guilty.
    So you're speculating and really have no idea as to what witnesses who haven't testified know?

  10. #1490
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Deep Southeast
    Posts
    8,309
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by garyed View Post
    First hand knowledge of what Trump did or didn't do or say concerning what he is being accused of.


    That's just the point, we don't know because they refused to testify. So we can only speculate with the evidence or information that is available.

    It's interesting that those who don't like Trump think only a blind man could not see the obvious connection to Trump using his power for personal gain & Trump supporters think it obviously had nothing to do with that at all. I'm curious as to what those who have no ax to grind are thinking at this point.
    Blind men aside, that's the only fact.

  11. #1491
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Deep Southeast
    Posts
    8,309
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BNME8EZ View Post
    Quick question for all you that think Trump is guilty.

    Except for Fox all the impeachment news has been against Trump. Turn on MSM and you hear Sondland say there was QPQ but never hear where he changed his testimony and said there never was and QPQ. Everything that has happened in this dog & pony show has been spun to make it look as bad as possible for Trump. Why are his approval numbers going up? Why are fewer thinking he is guilty and more thinking he did nothing wrong? The change was by about 5 points, seems like a pretty substantial jump.
    You may already have these, but here are some other great sources, from just Right of center to further Right:

    https://www.conservativereview.com/

    https://www.washingtontimes.com/

    https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/

    https://thefederalistpapers.org/

    https://www.westernjournal.com/

    https://thehill.com/

  12. #1492
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    6,985
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BNME8EZ View Post
    So a sham show put on by the GOP in the Senate is a problem but one in the House by the Dems isn't. Gee Gary, that is so non partisan of you!

    I think it is a shame that a sham show is going on in either house. That has been my problem since day one of this mess. If they want to investigate corruption fine, but investigate the whole ant hill, not just part of a small branch. If digging up guilty parties means actually digging up some people to get to the bottom of it so be it, but by gawd it had better be bipartisan, top to bottom, front to back, side to side and all encompassing. This mess the House has put on does nothing except satisfy a base. If the Senate does the same it will only serve to satisfy a base. I say get to the bottom of the corruption and throw them all in prison. If it turns out that Bush 41 was guilty then dig him up and rebury him in the prison exercise yard, same goes for LBJ. If Obama, and Clinton, and Ryan, and McConnell, and Biden, and, and , and, all end up in prison, GOOD! But don't just throw Comey in and say all the corruption is gone now. That won't fly either.
    Unlike a lot here, I don't think the hearings are a sham if you put it in the correct perspective. I think it's a waste of time & money because they're going to go nowhere but I don't it's a sham.
    An investigation assumes there is wrong doing & then sets out to prove the assumption correct. There is always going to be bias in that aspect no different than a prosecutor trying his best to prove someone guilty. In the search for proof it sometimes becomes evident that there was no wrong doing or that someone else other than the one being investigated is the culprit. I wish both Schiff & the Republican guy next to him would keep their mouths shut & just lest the witnesses testify during the hearings but that is politics as usual. That ain't going to happen so we're stuck with both parties trying to get across their agenda while we're trying to sort through the testimony. Politics from both sides is evidently allowed in a hearing but a trial should be a total different elephant. The bar is much higher for a trial than a hearing. A trial should be about evidence only & no political speeches should be allowed at all. A trial should be completely impartial with no favoritism shown towards either side. We'll just have to wait & see how it goes.
    Gary
    -----------
    http://www.oceanhvac.com
    The best things in life are free but not everyone is willing to pay the price.

  13. #1493
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    6,985
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by vin lashon View Post
    So you're speculating and really have no idea as to what witnesses who haven't testified know?
    Of course I'm speculating,
    It's a reasonable assumption that if they couldn't give damaging testimony then Trump would have no problem with them testifying. We're not taking about people who don't want to come forward or volunteer any information, we're talking about people who are defying a congressional subpoena in order not to testify.
    Gary
    -----------
    http://www.oceanhvac.com
    The best things in life are free but not everyone is willing to pay the price.

  14. #1494
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Deep Southeast
    Posts
    8,309
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by garyed View Post
    Of course I'm speculating,
    It's a reasonable assumption that if they couldn't give damaging testimony then Trump would have no problem with them testifying. We're not taking about people who don't want to come forward or volunteer any information, we're talking about people who are defying a congressional subpoena in order not to testify.
    Yes it is, given your perspective, which is that he couldn't be anything other than guilty.

    The perspective of those on the Right is that the Dems are corrupt and are on a Witch Hunt. We have plenty of valid reasons to believe so. Certainly, the Trump administration believes this is so, given the Dem's quest to impeach before Trump even took office. They followed this up with a 2 year corrupt investigation (which itself is being investigated), and now, this.

    During the 2 year Russia Collusion "investigation", Trump and the WH cooperated completely. Gave the Dems whatever they wanted. Even though they manufactured evidence, they came up with bubkus, and now, after 2 years of a corrupt "Get Trump" investigation, they expect cooperation in an endeavor to impeach? Please. It's clear that this is about and only about removing Trump from office. And, it seems, they don't need a reason other than that they want him gone.

    So you see, we have our own perspective, and it's not based on how we feel, it's based on actual events and corruption. No need to manufacture evidence and witnesses. We believe that the corrupt acts of the Dems will be exposed through the DOJ current investigation (the Inspector General report on the Trump-Russia probe will be released on Dec 9th).

    The point being, why would Trump et all cooperate with a kangaroo court? I certainly wouldn't.

    If this were a Bi-Partisan effort...if this was an objective hearing, more cooperation could be expected. It's neither. The one and only goal here is to 'Get Trump'. Whether that means removal from office or damaging him enough that they might win 2020. Schiff controls the witnesses, what questions can be asked and repeatedly interrupts and shuts down the Repubs. I'm not sure why that doesn't bother you. Yes, it's not a trial, per se, but there should be some semblance of Due Process. One need only watch Schiff for minutes to get an accurate assessment of the situation. You see, we're pretty sure the Trump haters are blind.

  15. #1495
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    6,985
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by vin lashon View Post
    Yes it is, given your perspective, which is that he couldn't be anything other than guilty.

    The perspective of those on the Right is that the Dems are corrupt and are on a Witch Hunt. We have plenty of valid reasons to believe so. Certainly, the Trump administration believes this is so, given the Dem's quest to impeach before Trump even took office. They followed this up with a 2 year corrupt investigation (which itself is being investigated), and now, this.

    During the 2 year Russia Collusion "investigation", Trump and the WH cooperated completely. Gave the Dems whatever they wanted. Even though they manufactured evidence, they came up with bubkus, and now, after 2 years of a corrupt "Get Trump" investigation, they expect cooperation in an endeavor to impeach? Please. It's clear that this is about and only about removing Trump from office. And, it seems, they don't need a reason other than that they want him gone.

    So you see, we have our own perspective, and it's not based on how we feel, it's based on actual events and corruption. No need to manufacture evidence and witnesses. We believe that the corrupt acts of the Dems will be exposed through the DOJ current investigation.

    The point being, why would Trump et all cooperate with a kangaroo court? I certainly wouldn't.

    If this were a Bi-Partisan effort...if this was an objective hearing, more cooperation could be expected. It's neither. The one and only goal here is to 'Get Trump'. Whether that means removal from office or damaging him enough that they might win 2020. Schiff controls the witnesses, what questions can be asked and repeatedly interrupts and shuts down the Repubs. I'm not sure why that doesn't bother you. Yes, it's not a trial, per se, but there should be some semblance of Due Process. One need only watch Schiff for minutes to get an accurate assessment of the situation. You see, we're pretty sure the Trump haters are blind.
    I see your point but by your logic, Trump & his people who refused to testify before the House should be happy to testify before a more friendly court which would be the Senate. They should be able to substantiate Trump's claim of "no quid pro quo", so we'll have to wait & see if that ever happens.
    Gary
    -----------
    http://www.oceanhvac.com
    The best things in life are free but not everyone is willing to pay the price.

Page 115 of 249 FirstFirst ... 1565105108109110111112113114115116117118119120121122125165215 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •