Page 22 of 74 FirstFirst ... 121516171819202122232425262728293272 ... LastLast
Results 274 to 286 of 962

Thread: Impeachment

  1. #274
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    4,164
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by garyed View Post
    Trump has not cleaned up the swamp, all he has done is replaced a bunch of frogs with a bunch of alligators.
    And talk about the rule of law, he shows no respect & defies the rule of law.
    My biggest fear is that Trump loses the election in 2020 but takes over the military & refuses to leave office claiming a rigged election.
    He's already brought up talk of civil war if he's impeached & removed from office.
    He's already accused his accusers of treason.
    If I remember my history correctly it is very reminiscent of most dictators who take over a country.
    Trump has no intention of becoming a dictator. He is an outspoken believer in the constitution. I would be far more concerned if one of the far left dems got into the white house. They have moved so far left that one of them would be more apt to disregard the constitution and try to stay. The current dems already have no problem openly violating the constitution.
    "No matter how thirsty your imagination, mirages contain no water"

  2. #275
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Deep Southeast
    Posts
    7,428
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by garyed View Post
    Trump has not cleaned up the swamp, all he has done is replaced a bunch of frogs with a bunch of alligators.
    And talk about the rule of law, he shows no respect & defies the rule of law.
    My biggest fear is that Trump loses the election in 2020 but takes over the military & refuses to leave office claiming a rigged election.
    He's already brought up talk of civil war if he's impeached & removed from office.
    He's already accused his accusers of treason.

    If I remember my history correctly it is very reminiscent of most dictators who take over a country.
    Again, there is no basis in reality upon which to draw this conclusion. It won't happen, and if he tried, the nation wouldn't stand for it, nor would the military.

    For the record (although it's not likely you'll hear this on MsM), the tweet in question was a reference to a quote by Pastor Robert Jeffries, and wasn't put out there as a threat, but a commentary on cause and effect.

    It's not surprising that all of the Left has taken that quote, attributed it to Trump as a "THREAT!!!" and plastered that gross misinterpretation all over MsM to inflame the masses (as they are prone to do. Incessantly.).

    Here's a more accurate interpretation of the matter, with the exact tweets and comments:

    https://www.dailywire.com/news/heres...parked-outrage

  3. #276
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    6,636
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by vin lashon View Post
    Again, there is no basis in reality upon which to draw this conclusion. It won't happen, and if he tried, the nations wouldn't stand for it, nor would the military.

    For the record (although it's not likely you'll hear this on MsM), the tweet in question was a reference to a quote by Pastor Robert Jeffries, and wasn't put out there as a threat, but a commentary on cause and effect.

    It's not surprising that all of the Left has taken that quote, attributed it to Trump as a "THREAT!!!" and plastered that gross misinterpretation all over MsM to inflame the masses (as they are prone to do. Incessantly.).

    Here's a more accurate interpretation of the matter, with the exact tweets and comments:

    https://www.dailywire.com/news/heres...parked-outrage
    I hope your right about "it won't happen". I may be a little overly paranoid but it's better to consider the worst outcome than to assume the best & be caught off guard & unprepared.
    Just because Trump only cited the quote about civil war does not negate it as a threat. When a leader of a country talks about his countrymen threatening a civil war if he was to be removed, it is for the obvious reason to spread the message of how strong support is from the people. I didn't say it was a specific threat by the president for the very reason you cited but it is a very logical assumption. If nothing else it should be evident that he wanted to add a little fear of the consequences of him being removed from office into the mix. That is an indirect threat that wouldn't be much if he was citing a quote about the economy, healthcare or taxes etc.. but civil war is going too far.
    Gary
    -----------
    http://www.oceanhvac.com
    The best things in life are free but not everyone is willing to pay the price.

  4. #277
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Deep Southeast
    Posts
    7,428
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by garyed View Post
    I hope your right about "it won't happen". I may be a little overly paranoid but it's better to consider the worst outcome than to assume the best & be caught off guard & unprepared.
    Just because Trump only cited the quote about civil war does not negate it as a threat. When a leader of a country talks about his countrymen threatening a civil war if he was to be removed, it is for the obvious reason to spread the message of how strong support is from the people. I didn't say it was a specific threat by the president for the very reason you cited but it is a very logical assumption. If nothing else it should be evident that he wanted to add a little fear of the consequences of him being removed from office into the mix. That is an indirect threat that wouldn't be much if he was citing a quote about the economy, healthcare or taxes etc.. but civil war is going too far.
    I disagree. It's not logical at all. The Left has managed to convince the masses that Trump is a 'Boogie Man'. I guess that can be understood in the sense that he is the Boogie Man as far as The Swamp and the Ruling Elitist Left is concerned. He is a serious threat to their Apple Cart. They foist their fears onto the masses. But they give it a twisted spin first.

  5. #278
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    6,636
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by vin lashon View Post
    I disagree. It's not logical at all. The Left has managed to convince the masses that Trump is a 'Boogie Man'. I guess that can be understood in the sense that he is the Boogie Man as far as The Swamp and the Ruling Elitist Left is concerned. He is a serious threat to their Apple Cart. They foist their fears onto the masses. But they give it a twisted spin first.
    If you don't think Trump's quoting the civil war thing was a threat then what would you say his reason for quoting it was?
    Gary
    -----------
    http://www.oceanhvac.com
    The best things in life are free but not everyone is willing to pay the price.

  6. #279
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Deep Southeast
    Posts
    7,428
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by garyed View Post
    If you don't think Trump's quoting the civil war thing was a threat then what would you say his reason for quoting it was?
    I didn't take it as a literal expression. The fact is, this nation is in a 'state of civil war', figuratively speaking. Things can only get worse if the Dems are left to their devices unfettered. And things will grow worse between the Right and Left masses. But Civil War? I don't think so, although the Far Left might find the idea enticing. SJWs being what they are.

    The only people who take this as a threat are those who disdain Trump. It serves the narrative of the Left, which means it will be trumpeted throughout MsM. On every channel. Ad Nauseam. And the Liberal masses will be convinced. I doubt that one could find any objective assessment that concludes that Trump implied a literal Civil War. Here again, the Left has taken a statement that most would consider a figure of speech (as the Left would had Obama tweeted it) and spun it to inflame the masses.

    Most Dems believe that Trump divides the nation, and in some ways, he does. But what would you call a Ruling Class and their Media Branch that gasps and moans every time Trump has two scoops? Unifying? No. They play upon the emotional disdain and fears that they sow and nurture. Remember when it was all over the news that "Trump is going to get us into a nuclear war!!!!!" (NOKO)?

    Alinskey's Rule #12:

    RULE 12: Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, and polarize it.

    https://bolenreport.com/saul-alinsky...ules-radicals/

  7. #280
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    4,164
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by vin lashon View Post
    I didn't take it as a literal expression. The fact is, this nation is in a 'state of civil war', figuratively speaking. Things can only get worse if the Dems are left to their devices unfettered. And things will grow worse between the Right and Left masses. But Civil War? I don't think so, although the Far Left might find the idea enticing. SJWs being what they are.

    The only people who take this as a threat are those who disdain Trump. It serves the narrative of the Left, which means it will be trumpeted throughout MsM. On every channel. Ad Nauseam. And the Liberal masses will be convinced. I doubt that one could find any objective assessment that concludes that Trump implied a literal Civil War. Here again, the Left has taken a statement that most would consider a figure of speech (as the Left would had Obama tweeted it) and spun it to inflame the masses.

    Most Dems believe that Trump divides the nation, and in some ways, he does. But what would you call a Ruling Class and their Media Branch that gasps and moans every time Trump has two scoops? Unifying? No. They play upon the emotional disdain and fears that they sow and nurture. Remember when it was all over the news that "Trump is going to get us into a nuclear war!!!!!" (NOKO)?

    Alinskey's Rule #12:

    RULE 12: Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, and polarize it.

    https://bolenreport.com/saul-alinsky...ules-radicals/
    Yes, when you have people like the democrats who are living in a state of irrational socialism and Marxism and truth comes along then we have division and not unity. Marxist ideas are not just unrealistic, they are irrational and divisionary. Socialism and communism are a total failure. Trump gets it! And he is trying to prevent the Marxist movement and get back to reality.
    "No matter how thirsty your imagination, mirages contain no water"

  8. Likes vin lashon liked this post
  9. #281
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    6,636
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by vin lashon View Post
    I didn't take it as a literal expression. The fact is, this nation is in a 'state of civil war', figuratively speaking. Things can only get worse if the Dems are left to their devices unfettered. And things will grow worse between the Right and Left masses. But Civil War? I don't think so, although the Far Left might find the idea enticing. SJWs being what they are.

    The only people who take this as a threat are those who disdain Trump. It serves the narrative of the Left, which means it will be trumpeted throughout MsM. On every channel. Ad Nauseam. And the Liberal masses will be convinced. I doubt that one could find any objective assessment that concludes that Trump implied a literal Civil War. Here again, the Left has taken a statement that most would consider a figure of speech (as the Left would had Obama tweeted it) and spun it to inflame the masses.

    Most Dems believe that Trump divides the nation, and in some ways, he does. But what would you call a Ruling Class and their Media Branch that gasps and moans every time Trump has two scoops? Unifying? No. They play upon the emotional disdain and fears that they sow and nurture. Remember when it was all over the news that "Trump is going to get us into a nuclear war!!!!!" (NOKO)?

    Alinskey's Rule #12:

    RULE 12: Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, and polarize it.

    https://bolenreport.com/saul-alinsky...ules-radicals/
    While I don't agree with all your assessments I do agree that everything you said makes sense & sounds completely rational. The only thing I didn't get from that post though is a clear answer to my question:
    If you don't think Trump's quoting the civil war thing was a threat then what would you say his reason for quoting it was?
    Gary
    -----------
    http://www.oceanhvac.com
    The best things in life are free but not everyone is willing to pay the price.

  10. #282
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Deep Southeast
    Posts
    7,428
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by garyed View Post
    While I don't agree with all your assessments I do agree that everything you said makes sense & sounds completely rational. The only thing I didn't get from that post though is a clear answer to my question:
    Quote Originally Posted by garyed View Post
    If you don't think Trump's quoting the civil war thing was a threat then what would you say his reason for quoting it was?
    I can't determine what was in his mind...no one can. But I can make a pretty good guess that correlates with reality:

    The Division in this nation is obvious to all. Trump is no exception. If he's impeached, it's a simple leap to discern that things will get much worse, especially given that, in spite of what the polls say (we all know about the polls), most voters (including many mainstream Dems) believe that the Impeachment Inquiry is another Dem stunt. Even you have said as much. If they push this through, there will be a great deal of unrest in this country. A division that has not been observed since the Civil War. Did he intend to imply that he would amass the military and the Right to Civil war against the Left? Those who believe so are truly deceived into believing what the Ruling Elite want them to believe.

    Can I point to something Trump said and say "see...he didn't mean literal Civil War"? No. But I can say he didn't because no rational thought would conclude so. Honestly, the 'literal Civil War' line of thought is the least rational of all conclusions. And, though you may think Trump an impulsive, irrational loony tune, the reality is that he didn't get where he is today and has been for decades by being 'LT'. His defensiveness, while unfortunate and impulsive, is to be expected. After all, he is under attack 24/7. I don't know many who could bear that weight.

    Summary? Rational thought determines that literal Civil War was never on the table, nor implied to be. MsM doesn't subscribe to rational thought.

  11. #283
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Atlanta area
    Posts
    6,556
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by vin lashon View Post
    Again, there is no basis in reality upon which to draw this conclusion. It won't happen, and if he tried, the nation wouldn't stand for it, nor would the military.

    For the record (although it's not likely you'll hear this on MsM), the tweet in question was a reference to a quote by Pastor Robert Jeffries, and wasn't put out there as a threat, but a commentary on cause and effect.

    It's not surprising that all of the Left has taken that quote, attributed it to Trump as a "THREAT!!!" and plastered that gross misinterpretation all over MsM to inflame the masses (as they are prone to do. Incessantly.).

    Here's a more accurate interpretation of the matter, with the exact tweets and comments:

    https://www.dailywire.com/news/heres...parked-outrage
    Link failed; try this one:
    Here’s Trump’s ‘Civil War’ Tweet That’s Sparked Outrage
    https://clarion.causeaction.com/2019...arked-outrage/
    Vacuum Technology:
    CRUD = Contamination Resulting in Undesirable Deposits.
    CRAPP = Contamination Resulting in Additional Partial Pressure.

    Change your vacuum pump oil now.

    Test. Testing, 1,2,3.

  12. Likes vin lashon liked this post
  13. #284
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Atlanta area
    Posts
    6,556
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by vin lashon View Post
    I can't determine what was in his mind...no one can. But I can make a pretty good guess that correlates with reality:

    The Division in this nation is obvious to all. Trump is no exception. If he's impeached, it's a simple leap to discern that things will get much worse, especially given that, in spite of what the polls say (we all know about the polls), most voters (including many mainstream Dems) believe that the Impeachment Inquiry is another Dem stunt. Even you have said as much. If they push this through, there will be a great deal of unrest in this country. A division that has not been observed since the Civil War. Did he intend to imply that he would amass the military and the Right to Civil war against the Left? Those who believe so are truly deceived into believing what the Ruling Elite want them to believe.

    Can I point to something Trump said and say "see...he didn't mean literal Civil War"? No. But I can say he didn't because no rational thought would conclude so. Honestly, the 'literal Civil War' line of thought is the least rational of all conclusions. And, though you may think Trump an impulsive, irrational loony tune, the reality is that he didn't get where he is today and has been for decades by being 'LT'. His defensiveness, while unfortunate and impulsive, is to be expected. After all, he is under attack 24/7. I don't know many who could bear that weight.

    Summary? Rational thought determines that literal Civil War was never on the table, nor implied to be. MsM doesn't subscribe to rational thought.
    With all the monkey crap the Dems keep slinging at him, he needs to talk back just to maintain his sanity. Otherwise, he'll end up like Nixon.


    And check out what Hillary said about civility in 2018:

    “You cannot be civil with a political party that wants to destroy what you stand for, what you care about,” Clinton told CNN. “That’s why I believe, if we are fortunate enough to win back the House and/or the Senate, that’s when civility can start again. But until then, the only thing that the Republicans seem to recognize and respect is strength.”
    There you have it — a declaration of war and a license for violence. Where is the media outrage?

    https://nypost.com/2018/10/09/wheres...r-a-civil-war/

    Can you imagine the media outrage if Mr. Trump had been the one who made this remark?
    Vacuum Technology:
    CRUD = Contamination Resulting in Undesirable Deposits.
    CRAPP = Contamination Resulting in Additional Partial Pressure.

    Change your vacuum pump oil now.

    Test. Testing, 1,2,3.

  14. #285
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Deep Southeast
    Posts
    7,428
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Racer View Post
    With all the monkey crap the Dems keep slinging at him, he needs to talk back just to maintain his sanity. Otherwise, he'll end up like Nixon.

    And check out what Hillary said about civility in 2018:

    “You cannot be civil with a political party that wants to destroy what you stand for, what you care about,” Clinton told CNN. “That’s why I believe, if we are fortunate enough to win back the House and/or the Senate, that’s when civility can start again. But until then, the only thing that the Republicans seem to recognize and respect is strength.”
    There you have it — a declaration of war and a license for violence. Where is the media outrage?

    https://nypost.com/2018/10/09/wheres...r-a-civil-war/

    Can you imagine the media outrage if Mr. Trump had been the one who made this remark?
    Truth is, the Left lives in a state of outrage against Trump (witness TDS). It doesn't matter what he says, there will be Leftist outrage. "2 scoops??? IMPEACH!!!

  15. #286
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    6,636
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Racer View Post
    With all the monkey crap the Dems keep slinging at him, he needs to talk back just to maintain his sanity. Otherwise, he'll end up like Nixon.


    And check out what Hillary said about civility in 2018:

    “You cannot be civil with a political party that wants to destroy what you stand for, what you care about,” Clinton told CNN. “That’s why I believe, if we are fortunate enough to win back the House and/or the Senate, that’s when civility can start again. But until then, the only thing that the Republicans seem to recognize and respect is strength.”
    There you have it — a declaration of war and a license for violence. Where is the media outrage?

    https://nypost.com/2018/10/09/wheres...r-a-civil-war/

    Can you imagine the media outrage if Mr. Trump had been the one who made this remark?
    You've got to be kidding if you can compare the act of not being civil to a civil war. How can you accuse the left of spin after all the stretching on that one.
    To be civil is to be courteous & polite while a civil war is an actual war between people in the same country.
    I guess the guy who wrote the article figured he could fool some of the people all of the time with that rubbish & he did.
    This is just another example of how the right is just as bad as the left.
    Gary
    -----------
    http://www.oceanhvac.com
    The best things in life are free but not everyone is willing to pay the price.

  16. Likes davidadavis liked this post
Page 22 of 74 FirstFirst ... 121516171819202122232425262728293272 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •