Page 116 of 273 FirstFirst ... 1666106109110111112113114115116117118119120121122123126166216 ... LastLast
Results 1,496 to 1,508 of 3549

Thread: Impeachment

  1. #1496
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Deep Southeast
    Posts
    8,728
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by garyed View Post
    I see your point but by your logic, Trump & his people who refused to testify before the House should be happy to testify before a more friendly court which would be the Senate. They should be able to substantiate Trump's claim of "no quid pro quo", so we'll have to wait & see if that ever happens.
    I agree...time will tell. Actually, Trump wants the Senate Trial. I'm not sure Schiff and the House are too hip on that. Honestly, I'm not sure that the results of the Impeachment hearing will warrant the Senate receiving it for trial. I'd like to see one for multiple reasons, which are probably the reasons the Dems don't want it to go to trial:

    • The likelihood of a Senate 'not guilty' verdict is high (the Dems definitely don't want that)
    • Schiff will have to testify, as will the WB & other witnesses the Dems wouldn't allow in the hearing.
    • There will be a lot of questions and probes that the Dems will be very uncomfortable with. They risk exposing things they'd rather stay in the dark.


    I believe this impeachment attempt is a runaway train for the Dems. They can't stop it, nor can they jump off.

  2. #1497
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    15,016
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by garyed View Post
    Unlike a lot here, I don't think the hearings are a sham if you put it in the correct perspective. I think it's a waste of time & money because they're going to go nowhere but I don't it's a sham.
    An investigation assumes there is wrong doing & then sets out to prove the assumption correct. There is always going to be bias in that aspect no different than a prosecutor trying his best to prove someone guilty. In the search for proof it sometimes becomes evident that there was no wrong doing or that someone else other than the one being investigated is the culprit. I wish both Schiff & the Republican guy next to him would keep their mouths shut & just lest the witnesses testify during the hearings but that is politics as usual. That ain't going to happen so we're stuck with both parties trying to get across their agenda while we're trying to sort through the testimony. Politics from both sides is evidently allowed in a hearing but a trial should be a total different elephant. The bar is much higher for a trial than a hearing. A trial should be about evidence only & no political speeches should be allowed at all. A trial should be completely impartial with no favoritism shown towards either side. We'll just have to wait & see how it goes.
    Not a sham...lol.
    Even if he did what they are accusing him of ...it's still not a crime..
    Aid is held up all the time and has strings attached to it.... testimony has shown just that.
    Ok so Trump wanted the guy to announce the investigation...that's it.
    How is it a crime Gary...first you have to prove it...but for the sake of arguement let's say above is true...what's the crime?...What's the crime?



    Sent from LG Stylo 4 using Tapatalk
    ...

  3. #1498
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    15,016
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by garyed View Post
    Of course I'm speculating,
    It's a reasonable assumption that if they couldn't give damaging testimony then Trump would have no problem with them testifying. We're not taking about people who don't want to come forward or volunteer any information, we're talking about people who are defying a congressional subpoena in order not to testify.
    Not how it works Gary...you go by what is presented in front of you.
    But ok....so let's go with your argument anyway... what's the crime?.. assuming it all to be true



    Sent from LG Stylo 4 using Tapatalk
    ...

  4. #1499
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    15,016
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by garyed View Post
    I see your point but by your logic, Trump & his people who refused to testify before the House should be happy to testify before a more friendly court which would be the Senate. They should be able to substantiate Trump's claim of "no quid pro quo", so we'll have to wait & see if that ever happens.
    Turns out all aid is a QPQ according to testimony Gary....so what's the crime?




    Sent from LG Stylo 4 using Tapatalk
    ...

  5. #1500
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    7,076
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by vin lashon View Post
    I agree...time will tell. Actually, Trump wants the Senate Trial. I'm not sure Schiff and the House are too hip on that. Honestly, I'm not sure that the results of the Impeachment hearing will warrant the Senate receiving it for trial. I'd like to see one for multiple reasons, which are probably the reasons the Dems don't want it to go to trial:

    • The likelihood of a Senate 'not guilty' verdict is high (the Dems definitely don't want that)
    • Schiff will have to testify, as will the WB & other witnesses the Dems wouldn't allow in the hearing.
    • There will be a lot of questions and probes that the Dems will be very uncomfortable with. They risk exposing things they'd rather stay in the dark.


    I believe this impeachment attempt is a runaway train for the Dems. They can't stop it, nor can they jump off.
    I don't think the Dems ever thought that the Senate would remove Trump from office no matter how much evidence they had. I don't know why they went for impeachment when they had to know they couldn't win in the end. Maybe it was out of anger & frustration with the man, just a political move for 2020, a way to put the Senate on the spot & show their partisanship, a way to show the public the kind of man we have for president, a feeling of duty to our country & who knows what other possible reasons. Either way I don't think the Senate would convict Trump if he admitted to the charges, so I have even less respect for the Republicans than i do the Democrats.
    Gary
    -----------
    http://www.oceanhvac.com
    The best things in life are free but not everyone is willing to pay the price.

  6. Likes netsalt liked this post.
  7. #1501
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    7,076
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Missouri Guy View Post
    Turns out all aid is a QPQ according to testimony Gary....so what's the crime?




    Sent from LG Stylo 4 using Tapatalk
    I'll go with extortion for personal gain, abuse of power & obstruction of justice.
    Gary
    -----------
    http://www.oceanhvac.com
    The best things in life are free but not everyone is willing to pay the price.

  8. #1502
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Deep Southeast
    Posts
    8,728
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by garyed View Post
    I don't think the Dems ever thought that the Senate would remove Trump from office no matter how much evidence they had. I don't know why they went for impeachment when they had to know they couldn't win in the end. Maybe it was out of anger & frustration with the man, just a political move for 2020, a way to put the Senate on the spot & show their partisanship, a way to show the public the kind of man we have for president, a feeling of duty to our country & who knows what other possible reasons. Either way I don't think the Senate would convict Trump if he admitted to the charges, so I have even less respect for the Republicans than i do the Democrats.
    The reasons you present are altruistic...something I don't believe the Dems capable of. What I believe they have accomplished is showing the Public who they are. Schiff's hatred for Trump and the fact that it rules him and the Dems is obvious, and he has allowed that hatred to lead him into a self-set trap.

    He should have waited for a sure-fire event. He may have realized, after 3 years of investigation that a chargeable crime against Trump wasn't coming, so, not being able to stand the thought of the inevitable 2020 Trump victory, he threw a Hail Mary. The results will likely be more votes lost to Trump and a career and legacy in shambles.

    Watch some of the hearings. You can see the fear in his eyes.

  9. #1503
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Deep Southeast
    Posts
    8,728
    Post Likes

  10. #1504
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Deep Southeast
    Posts
    8,728
    Post Likes

  11. #1505
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Deep Southeast
    Posts
    8,728
    Post Likes
    The Russia Collusion chickens are coming home to roost. Why post this in the Impeachment thread? It's all part and parcel and gives credibility to the claims of a Witch Hunt, which seems to continue with the drive to impeach. Adam Schiff was at the forefront on both 'investigations'. The IG report on the Mueller investigation is due to be released on Dec 9th. Expect many more revelations to come out:

    CNN Breaks Down, Admits Carter Page FISA Warrant May Have Been Altered


  12. #1506
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Deep Southeast
    Posts
    8,728
    Post Likes

  13. #1507
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Bay Area California
    Posts
    25,886
    Post Likes
    WHOA !!

    One could write paragraphs responding to this post!

    But the quick short version is that nothing has surfaced that has not been done by prior presidents and politicians. With little or no fanfare.

    obummer held up military aid to the Ukraine, and Ukrainians died. But no impeachment hearings. Hmmmm . . . . .

    Makes Trump look like a Prince, no one died while some funds were held up for a very short time. Relative to the amount of time obummer held up the funds. Allowing Ukrainians to be killed by the Russians.

    I can't wait to see the articles of impeachment. Probably gonna be about as strong as wet toilet paper.


    Quote Originally Posted by garyed View Post
    I don't think the Dems ever thought that the Senate would remove Trump from office no matter how much evidence they had. I don't know why they went for impeachment when they had to know they couldn't win in the end. Maybe it was out of anger & frustration with the man, just a political move for 2020, a way to put the Senate on the spot & show their partisanship, a way to show the public the kind of man we have for president, a feeling of duty to our country & who knows what other possible reasons. Either way I don't think the Senate would convict Trump if he admitted to the charges, so I have even less respect for the Republicans than i do the Democrats.
    I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

  14. #1508
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Posts
    21,409
    Post Likes
    When bath house Barry withheld aid it wasn’t to force the Ukraine to hurt a political rival.

    Anywho... hope it’s a long drawn out trial.. and taped. The whistle guy, Bidens... bring em all in.

    Hooty hoot... hooty hoot

Page 116 of 273 FirstFirst ... 1666106109110111112113114115116117118119120121122123126166216 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •