Page 107 of 273 FirstFirst ... 75797100101102103104105106107108109110111112113114117157207 ... LastLast
Results 1,379 to 1,391 of 3549

Thread: Impeachment

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by vin lashon View Post
    My understanding is that he changed his testimony:

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=Sondland+n...=v49-1&ia=news
    So after Trump has been suspected of extortion or quid pro quo or whatever, he tells his ambassador that he does not want anything from the Ukraine president & that means he's never did & he's completely innocent? Why do we even have trials in this country? We should just ask the people suspected of crimes if they did it or not & take their word as proof of guilt or innocence.
    Gary
    -----------
    http://www.oceanhvac.com
    The best things in life are free but not everyone is willing to pay the price.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by garyed View Post
    So after Trump has been suspected of extortion or quid pro quo or whatever, he tells his ambassador that he does not want anything from the Ukraine president & that means he's never did & he's completely innocent? Why do we even have trials in this country? We should just ask the people suspected of crimes if they did it or not & take their word as proof of guilt or innocence.
    As I understand it, Sondland's earlier testimony said that there was Quid Pro Quo. The afternoon's testimony was a 'correction'. All of what Sondland has testified to is what took place before the investigation began.

Sondland reverses himself on Ukraine, confirming quid pro quo

He's not a great witness. He's changed his testimony a couple of times. This last reversal appears to have been pretty damaging to the Dem's case, although Schiff won't settle for anything less than impeachment. This event could be Schiff's undoing. In fact, none of the Dem's witnesses haven't really come through, in spite of what you might hear. The jury's still out regarding the testimony of Cooper and Hale from the State Dept.

Post Likes

4. Likes Brian8383 liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Its looking worse for Trump every day.... lol

I bet there is all kinds of incriminating evidence in the texts and emails that the WH refuses to turn over.
    The bible is my constitution and the constitution is my bible.

WE THE PEOPLE refers to THEM and not YOU.

Chewbacca Mom 2016

Post Likes
    That's a good question,
    I could talk about things that he's either said or done that I don't like but I could say the same thing about other presidents yet none of them bothered me like Trump. The only thing i can think of is that it's more a personal bad vibe thing. It has nothing to do with the media or politics either. The media might give me some ammunition but I can't give them any credit for causing me to feel the way I do about Trump. When I look at him I see a man whose quest for power has no limits & that is why i see him as a would be a dictator. I see a man who views the Constitution as nothing but an obstacle in the way of his power. Have you ever met anybody that just rubs you the wrong way even though they never did anything to you personally to cause you to feel that way? So we can argue about whether or not Trump did anything wrong but for me it goes much deeper than any individual act that he might or might not have done. That's pretty much it.
    He is cocky no doubt ..I agree.
    I wouldn't go as far as dictator though.
    When I see Trump..I see someone trying to put sanity back into Politics.
    I think his policies are what we need...so I can overlook his brashness at the end of the day. After all at the end of the day...it's the pieces of paper at the end of the day that matters

Sent from LG Stylo 4 using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Here's a 5 min segment of today's hearing in which Sondland is being grilled by Michael Turner. Turner gets to the meat of it about 4:15s. 4:35s sews it up.

Amb. Gordon Sondland acknowledges that no one told him Trump was tying aid to Ukraine investigations

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian8383 View Post
    Fake news. Listen to the follow up questions later in the day where he clarified that NEVER happened. Thank God for the honest Republicans. Perfect example of how sleazy and corrupt the entire system is. The media needs to be lined up again the wall.....

Fake news. And of course guys like you and Gary fell for it.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk
    Uh... NO... The Trump call where he was frantically screaming to Sondland that there was no quid pro quo was after the whistle blower had been brought up to the white house lawyers....... You can call it fake news all you want Brian... but the truth is out there.

Aug 12 whistle blower complaint filed..... Aug 9... this is the Sondland believes he made the call. The WH will NOT let him have his phone records... lol

Anyhow... Trump knew there was smoke..... by the time Sondland called about what Trump wanted..

Good lord man...... quit defending the guy..... he screwed up.... bigly.... I know you guys are terrified of a dim getting the office.... but do we really want some derp like Trump in there..... a dim can ride Obamas coat tails just as well as Trump.... just keep their hands off the controls... and everything should be fine.

Chewbacca Mom 2016

Post Likes
    I have to wonder... if Trump had just used someone else as his point man in the ukraine besides that senile sack Rudy... if we would have ever found out about this.

Yes... Trump opened the door with that phone call...... but if he had someone over there doing a better job...... would he have needed to even bring it up in the phone call....

Chewbacca Mom 2016

Post Likes
    Also... I dont think Trump has anything to fear in this whole thing...... Biden was the best contender out there for 2020 and he is finishing himself off...... lol

Why Trump was so afraid of him.... we just dont know..... but with this latest email thing of Joes... I think he is about finished.

Joes noggin has some issues.

I will say though..... you could take Biden... stick him in the oval office with a minder to keep him from doing anything... and everything would be fine... Obama wave and all....

Chewbacca Mom 2016

Post Likes
    After the news got it wrong earlier in the day, here is Sondland clearing up what he said.

The news is fake. Only an idiot believes anything they say. When will you lemmings learn?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by vin lashon View Post
    As I understand it, Sondland's earlier testimony said that there was Quid Pro Quo. The afternoon's testimony was a 'correction'. All of what Sondland has testified to is what took place before the investigation began.

Sondland reverses himself on Ukraine, confirming quid pro quo

He's not a great witness. He's changed his testimony a couple of times. This last reversal appears to have been pretty damaging to the Dem's case, although Schiff won't settle for anything less than impeachment. This event could be Schiff's undoing. In fact, none of the Dem's witnesses haven't really come through, in spite of what you might hear. The jury's still out regarding the testimony of Cooper and Hale from the State Dept.
    I didn't hear all the testimony but I heard Sondland definitely say there was a quid pro quo. It was Trump who said there was no quid pro quo & Sondland was just testifying to what Trump said to him later in the day. No way did he give the impression that that was Trump's position all along.
    Gary
    -----------
    http://www.oceanhvac.com
    The best things in life are free but not everyone is willing to pay the price.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian8383 View Post
    The news is fake. Only an idiot believes anything they say.
    The Coup Clutz Clan never learns. That would require an IQ aspiring to reach mid-double digits.

When the Schiff finally hits the fan I hope regressives have a YUGE appetite cause that's gonna be an awful lot of crow to swallow.

Post Likes
    I didn't hear all the testimony but I heard Sondland definitely say there was a quid pro quo. It was Trump who said there was no quid pro quo & Sondland was just testifying to what Trump said to him later in the day. No way did he give the impression that that was Trump's position all along.
    It's hard to keep it straight, given that he's a bit of a flake and has contradicted himself a time or two. And didn't Taylor at one point say that his perception of QPQ came from an NYT article?

At any rate, Sondland's 'final word' can be seen in Brian's post.

Here is a longer version:

Amb. Gordon Sondland acknowledges that no one told him Trump was tying aid to Ukraine investigations

Page 107 of 273 FirstFirst ... 75797100101102103104105106107108109110111112113114117157207 ... LastLast