Page 103 of 273 FirstFirst ... 3539396979899100101102103104105106107108109110113153203 ... LastLast
Results 1,327 to 1,339 of 3549

Thread: Impeachment

  1. #1327
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    4,219
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by vin lashon View Post
    Why not support your 'no' with substance? Why do you deem it irrelevant?
    Because ya'll don't seem to be using common sense on this whole UA/Trump thing, and dismiss almost anything out of hand. But I will say it one more time...

    No one, not even Biden himself, has denied the fact that Biden pressured the UA government to fire Shokin. It was the official position of the USA, the EU, the IMF, the World Bank, and I am sure others.. that Shokin was corrupt. Was he? I am not sure, but even this is irrelevant. Biden was doing official US business pressuring Shokin to be fired. So that video is pointless.

    You can question, the potential conflict of interest of.. Hunter working for Burisma, Burisma being investigated by Shokin, Joe trying to get Shokin fired, Joe being Hunters dad... this is a valid concern. But that video is utterly pointless.

  2. #1328
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    27,174
    Post Likes
    That is the exact point of The US Constitution, isn't it? <g>

    PHM
    -------

    Quote Originally Posted by garyed View Post
    That's a good question,
    I could talk about things that he's either said or done that I don't like but I could say the same thing about other presidents yet none of them bothered me like Trump. The only thing i can think of is that it's more a personal bad vibe thing. It has nothing to do with the media or politics either. The media might give me some ammunition but I can't give them any credit for causing me to feel the way I do about Trump. When I look at him I see a man whose quest for power has no limits & that is why i see him as a would be a dictator. I see

    A MAN WHO VIEWS THE CONSTITUTION AS NOTHING BUT AN OBSTACLE IN THE WAY OF HIS POWER.

    Have you ever met anybody that just rubs you the wrong way even though they never did anything to you personally to cause you to feel that way? So we can argue about whether or not Trump did anything wrong but for me it goes much deeper than any individual act that he might or might not have done. That's pretty much it.
    PHM
    --------
    The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking.

  3. #1329
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Bay Area California
    Posts
    25,737
    Post Likes
    No. In fact, absolutely not.

    I'm not aware that national security has even been mentioned in this 'latest' Ukraine / impeachment debacle. Which is why I called you on it. Your statement / claim was so far out in left field, there's just no connection.


    Quote Originally Posted by hvacker View Post
    Did you miss "assuming guilt"
    I'll try again. What I wrote ""Trumps crimes were of a nature that threatened the security of our country. This is assuming guilt. "
    Don't you agree if T is found guilty the assumption would be his actions created a threat to our National security. It's up to the hearing to asses this and determine if his actions constitute a threat, degree of guilt etc.
    I can't explain why or if National Security was at risk because the witnesses are still being called but these are the charges. But if T is found guilty, I will believe he created a threat wouldn't you?

    Do you now understand what you need to know about T's crimes and misdemeanors.
    I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

  4. #1330
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    27,174
    Post Likes
    But isn't Vice-President Biden doing the exact same thing as President Trump is being chastised about?

    Basically: "I will withhold financial aid to to your country unless you do ___________ !"

    And just for the record: I think that both of them were acting properly. The whole point of foreign aid is quid pro quo, isn't it? Or is it your idea that it's all pure altruism? Doesn't America routinely bribe other countries to do things we want them to do, or not do?

    PHM
    -------------


    Quote Originally Posted by davidadavis View Post
    No
    PHM
    --------
    The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking.

  5. #1331
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Deep Southeast
    Posts
    8,654
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by davidadavis View Post
    Because ya'll don't seem to be using common sense on this whole UA/Trump thing, and dismiss almost anything out of hand. But I will say it one more time...

    No one, not even Biden himself, has denied the fact that Biden pressured the UA government to fire Shokin. It was the official position of the USA, the EU, the IMF, the World Bank, and I am sure others.. that Shokin was corrupt. Was he? I am not sure, but even this is irrelevant. Biden was doing official US business pressuring Shokin to be fired. So that video is pointless.

    You can question, the potential conflict of interest of.. Hunter working for Burisma, Burisma being investigated by Shokin, Joe trying to get Shokin fired, Joe being Hunters dad... this is a valid concern. But that video is utterly pointless.
    What I find odd is that where Trump is concerned, you guys on the Left apply a math you're unwilling to use when it comes to corruption within your own party. Biden is "innocent", even though Hunter was in a Director's seat, unqualified for the position and making big bucks to be there? All of this "slipped past" Biden? Name value, you say? Heh! What do Ukrainians care about the name 'Biden'?

    No, the logic used on Trump applies in spades here. Hunter was access to the WH. Biden may not be the brightest bulb in the pack, but he knows how to pad his own nest, and he used his office to do so. Add to that the UKR-Russia connection in the 2016 election and it starts to add up.

    Consistent math makes the difference. It either applies across the board or it's basically self-serving and useless.

  6. #1332
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    4,219
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Poodle Head Mikey View Post
    But isn't Vice-President Biden doing the exact same thing as President Trump is being chastised about?

    Basically: "I will withhold financial aid to to your country unless you do ___________ !"

    And just for the record: I think that both of them were acting properly. The whole point of foreign aid is quid pro quo, isn't it? Or is it your idea that it's all pure altruism? Doesn't America routinely bribe other countries to do things we want them to do, or not do?

    PHM
    -------------
    The question is if witholding aid was for personal gain or not. Not just withholding. If Biden witheld aid for the benefit of Hunter... lock him up. If Trump witheld aid for his own personal benefit... impeach him.

  7. #1333
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    4,219
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by vin lashon View Post
    What I find odd is that where Trump is concerned, you guys on the Left apply a math you're unwilling to use when it comes to corruption within your own party. Biden is "innocent", even though Hunter was in a Director's seat, unqualified for the position and making big bucks to be there? All of this "slipped past" Biden? Name value, you say? Heh! What do Ukrainians care about the name 'Biden'?

    No, the logic used on Trump applies in spades here. Hunter was access to the WH. Biden may not be the brightest bulb in the pack, but he knows how to pad his own nest, and he used his office to do so. Add to that the UKR-Russia connection in the 2016 election and it starts to add up.

    Consistent math makes the difference. It either applies across the board or it's basically self-serving and useless.
    Holy cow... how many times do I have to say I support investigating and holding Biden to the same standard??? Is English your second language?

  8. #1334
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Deep Southeast
    Posts
    8,654
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by davidadavis View Post
    Holy cow... how many times do I have to say I support investigating and holding Biden to the same standard??? Is English your second language?
    You can say it all you'd like and still miss the point. If Biden was corrupt, if there's an inkling of suspicion that the Obama admin got the ball rolling with the Trump "insurance policy", Trump's assertion that he was interested in exposing the truth is potentially a valid assertion and position. Of course, this perspective isn't Progressively viable, is it?

  9. #1335
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    27,174
    Post Likes
    I read an article in Contractor Magazine this morning -

    No; let me start earlier: what bother's me the most when I see Biden putting a billion US dollars on the line, and I hear of the billons in aid to this or that foreign country, and I watch as hundreds of millions are spent on investigations and inquiries which repeatedly accomplish nothing but added divisiveness, I scream: What About Americans?? It's less the actual money and far more: Why is American Money going to non-Americans in preference TO Americans?

    The article I mentioned mentioned the fact that questions about running water and indoor toilets were removed from The US Census question list. But it's primary point was that, at present, some Two Million Americans live not only without indoor plumbing, but far too many without even ready access To fresh water.

    And I wonder why that is? Why would that be the case?

    One conclusion that I speculate is that the no-running-water-Americans don't have an quid to pro quo. Our Congress and related politicians can't get anything in return for 'helping' Americans - whereas they can make side deals and sell information and broker favorable contracts and insider-trade and do every other kind of nefarious shekel grubbing they can dream up with wealthy foreigners. The apparent attitude seems to be: Why use American Money on Americans? Why help them? Eff them; they don't any way to profit us.

    The true horror that the beltway-insiders have crafted to benefit themselves is staggering. To me anyway. I do often laugh out loud at their endless boastful assurances that they are helping US. <g>

    OK; I've told a story - can anyone here re-write it so an alternate conclusion can be reached?
    PHM
    --------
    The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking.

  10. #1336
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Posts
    21,306
    Post Likes
    Biden could be just as guilty as Trump but what the house is looking at now is Trump.

    Widespread corruption in the Ukraine. Trump should have demanded proof that the Ukraine was working toward investigating widespread corruption instead of limiting his request to a televised announcement dealing only with the Bidens.

    Of course we all know that trump is not in the least bit concerned with corruption in the Ukraine. That shoe just doesn’t fit him.

    Still doesn’t really matter. It’s gonna be a partisan vote in the senate. Trump will merely be stained by the whole thing. And when you are already stained as badly as trump... does it really matter.

  11. #1337
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    napping on the couch
    Posts
    13,338
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by davidadavis View Post
    Because ya'll don't seem to be using common sense on this whole UA/Trump thing, and dismiss almost anything out of hand. But I will say it one more time...

    No one, not even Biden himself, has denied the fact that Biden pressured the UA government to fire Shokin. It was the official position of the USA, the EU, the IMF, the World Bank, and I am sure others.. that Shokin was corrupt. Was he? I am not sure, but even this is irrelevant. Biden was doing official US business pressuring Shokin to be fired. So that video is pointless.

    You can question, the potential conflict of interest of.. Hunter working for Burisma, Burisma being investigated by Shokin, Joe trying to get Shokin fired, Joe being Hunters dad... this is a valid concern. But that video is utterly pointless.
    You can say EXACTLY the same thing about the phone call. You realize that, right?

  12. Likes vin lashon liked this post.
  13. #1338
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    napping on the couch
    Posts
    13,338
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Poodle Head Mikey View Post
    But isn't Vice-President Biden doing the exact same thing as President Trump is being chastised about?

    Basically: "I will withhold financial aid to to your country unless you do ___________ !"

    And just for the record: I think that both of them were acting properly. The whole point of foreign aid is quid pro quo, isn't it? Or is it your idea that it's all pure altruism? Doesn't America routinely bribe other countries to do things we want them to do, or not do?

    PHM
    -------------
    BINGO!!!

    If what Biden did is good, how can what Trump did be bad?

    This is madness.

  14. #1339
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    napping on the couch
    Posts
    13,338
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by davidadavis View Post
    Holy cow... how many times do I have to say I support investigating and holding Biden to the same standard??? Is English your second language?
    Yet it won't happen, and you don't condemn the left and the deep staters. They either need to be condemned and held accountable for their obvious deep state corruption and double standard for either making a federal case out of the Trump phone call or ignoring the Biden thing.

    Just saying you support Bidens getting looked into does nothing to level the playing field. It does nothing to get fair news and unbiased facts to the American people. It's meaningless until you open your eyes to the villains in this saga. It's the double standard. It's the widespread disinformation and brainwashing. Saying you support Biden being looked into is just lip service and accomplishes nothing.

Page 103 of 273 FirstFirst ... 3539396979899100101102103104105106107108109110113153203 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •