Page 95 of 273 FirstFirst ... 4585888990919293949596979899100101102105145195 ... LastLast
Results 1,223 to 1,235 of 3549

Thread: Impeachment

  1. #1223
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    New Mexico
    Posts
    9,627
    Post Likes
    Truth tellers have had issues with Mr.T even before the election. The question was how to aim a loose cannon. Both sides with in the coral of normal wish he had just been an asterisk. A small piece of history but things didn't go that way.
    Even the true believers have been tested. Now the question: How do we make this go away or serve us. The old plan was to circle the wagons and try to get through the next election and still have our jobs. That seems to still be the plan.
    The majority of Americans didn't want Trump but he got through basically on a technicality.
    Many Americans couldn't explain what the Electoral College even is.
    Republicans tried (at our expense) to hang Bill twice with similar enthusiasm. Actually more rabid.
    This seems like Washington Normal.
    Give me a relay with big enough contacts, and I'll run the world!

    You can be anything you want......As long as you don't suck at it.

    If a person wants to create a machine that will be more likely to fail...Make it complicated.

    USAF 98 Bomb Wing 1960-66 SMW Lu49

  2. #1224
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Deep Southeast
    Posts
    8,690
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by garyed View Post
    Where I disagree is that don't see anything wrong with the process other than the typical political bias thrown around from both sides. An impeachment hearing is not that much different than a grand jury hearing where only the prosecution gets to put on the show. A grand jury hearing is completely unfair to the accused but it is still Constitutionally sanctioned. The accused does not even get to bring up a defense unless or until the grand jury decides there is enough evidence to go to trial & only then can a defense be mounted.
    The stakes are much higher and the entire nation is affected where impeachment is concerned. A grand jury investigation generally affects on an individual basis. Quiet different.

    So of course an impeachment hearing is going to be one sided because it is not a trial. If or when it goes to the Senate then it will be more like a trial where the accused will have the advantage instead of the accusers. IMO Trump himself has corrupted the process by blocking witnesses & not producing subpoenaed documents. It is Trump that is not letting us hear from the people who really know whether he is innocent or guilty.
    So are you saying that the impeachment process doesn't require integrity, and 'meh...doesn't matter'? That is how it seems.

    As to Trump's lack of cooperation, he sees this process as many do: A kangaroo court. He has after all, experienced the Dem's brand of Justice quite recently. Only a fool would trust a process that is basically a twin to the corrupt (and now under investigation) RC investigation.

  3. #1225
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Bay Area California
    Posts
    25,807
    Post Likes
    Thank God for the electoral college !!

    Even with all of the corruption from The Progressive Socialist Left, they still lost it.


    Quote Originally Posted by hvacker View Post
    Truth tellers have had issues with Mr.T even before the election. The question was how to aim a loose cannon. Both sides with in the coral of normal wish he had just been an asterisk. A small piece of history but things didn't go that way.
    Even the true believers have been tested. Now the question: How do we make this go away or serve us. The old plan was to circle the wagons and try to get through the next election and still have our jobs. That seems to still be the plan.
    The majority of Americans didn't want Trump but he got through basically on a technicality.
    Many Americans couldn't explain what the Electoral College even is.
    Republicans tried (at our expense) to hang Bill twice with similar enthusiasm. Actually more rabid.
    This seems like Washington Normal.
    I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

  4. #1226
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Deep Southeast
    Posts
    8,690
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by hvacker View Post
    Truth tellers have had issues with Mr.T even before the election. The question was how to aim a loose cannon. Both sides with in the coral of normal wish he had just been an asterisk. A small piece of history but things didn't go that way.
    Even the true believers have been tested. Now the question: How do we make this go away or serve us. The old plan was to circle the wagons and try to get through the next election and still have our jobs. That seems to still be the plan.
    The majority of Americans didn't want Trump but he got through basically on a technicality.
    Many Americans couldn't explain what the Electoral College even is.
    Republicans tried (at our expense) to hang Bill twice with similar enthusiasm. Actually more rabid.
    This seems like Washington Normal.
    Except that now, we have a much needed Disruptor, which was the point of electing him. And, given the events of the last 3 years, we will need him again come 2020.

  5. #1227
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Deep Southeast
    Posts
    8,690
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BBeerme View Post
    Thank God for the electoral college !!

    Even with all of the corruption from The Progressive Socialist Left, they still lost it.
    Without doubt! And, although many complain that Trump didn't have the popular vote, it was a very close race (Hillary 48%, Trump 46%). 2020 may see the Pop Vote argument neutralized. There'll still be Sky Screaming events, however.

    Name:  Election map_2016-2.jpg
Views: 31
Size:  66.1 KB

  6. #1228
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    14,978
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by hvacker View Post
    Truth tellers have had issues with Mr.T even before the election. The question was how to aim a loose cannon. Both sides with in the coral of normal wish he had just been an asterisk. A small piece of history but things didn't go that way.
    Even the true believers have been tested. Now the question: How do we make this go away or serve us. The old plan was to circle the wagons and try to get through the next election and still have our jobs. That seems to still be the plan.
    The majority of Americans didn't want Trump but he got through basically on a technicality.
    Many Americans couldn't explain what the Electoral College even is.
    Republicans tried (at our expense) to hang Bill twice with similar enthusiasm. Actually more rabid.
    This seems like Washington Normal.
    Clinton had sexual charges against him when he took office...he kept delaying court appearances..he ran out of time and had to deal with it.
    Meanwhile ...a woman privately recorded conversations with another woman while to talking to Bill...that was in regard to existing sexual charges.
    Then we had tampering with witnesses and so on.
    No one cares about the BJ ..but that is what the media left us with.
    He was Impeached for repeatedly lieing under oath.
    Later he was debarred and faced additional charges as well.




    Sent from LG Stylo 4 using Tapatalk
    ...

  7. #1229
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    14,978
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BBeerme View Post
    Thank God for the electoral college !!

    Even with all of the corruption from The Progressive Socialist Left, they still lost it.
    Indeed... especially when you have entire districts that vote pure Democrat ..if that is fraud I don't know what is.



    Sent from LG Stylo 4 using Tapatalk
    ...

  8. #1230
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    7,076
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by vin lashon View Post
    The stakes are much higher and the entire nation is affected where impeachment is concerned. A grand jury investigation generally affects on an individual basis. Quiet different.



    So are you saying that the impeachment process doesn't require integrity, and 'meh...doesn't matter'? That is how it seems.

    As to Trump's lack of cooperation, he sees this process as many do: A kangaroo court. He has after all, experienced the Dem's brand of Justice quite recently. Only a fool would trust a process that is basically a twin to the corrupt (and now under investigation) RC investigation.
    All I'm saying is the impeachment process in itself assumes that there was wrongdoing. The whole idea of an investigation & hearings is to gather evidence to support those suspicions & the severity of the wrong doing. Supposedly if not enough evidence is found to support any charges then the impeachment dies either in the investigation stage or by not getting a majority in the house. You keep bringing up the integrity of the process but that is just a matter of opinion as long as the process is Constitutionally sound. To my knowledge there is nothing that has been done that defies the Constitution in these proceedings so far except for possibly Trump's refusal to cooperate & block witnesses from testifying.
    Gary
    -----------
    http://www.oceanhvac.com
    The best things in life are free but not everyone is willing to pay the price.

  9. Likes davidadavis liked this post.
  10. #1231
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    New Mexico
    Posts
    9,627
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Missouri Guy View Post
    Clinton had sexual charges against him when he took office...he kept delaying court appearances..he ran out of time and had to deal with it.
    Meanwhile ...a woman privately recorded conversations with another woman while to talking to Bill...that was in regard to existing sexual charges.
    Then we had tampering with witnesses and so on.
    No one cares about the BJ ..but that is what the media left us with.
    He was Impeached for repeatedly lieing under oath.
    Later he was debarred and faced additional charges as well.




    Sent from LG Stylo 4 using Tapatalk

    I wasn't interested in posting about Bill's guilt. I was just comparing the enthusiasm both parties have when it comes to public hangings.
    Because we are not Constitutional lawyers we will have to wait for the conclusion. I doubt this will make it through the Senate, guilty or not. Party unity is paramount.
    Will Rogers once said" I'm not a member of any organized political party, I'm a Democrat.
    That is a difference between parties and Rogers said that a long time ago.

    There is a basic question. Consider if the results found Trump guilty and a majority of Americans was convinced also. Trumps crimes would surpass Bill's because Bill's were of a petty nature in that the sins were civil excepting the lying. Trumps crimes were of a nature that threatened the security of our country. This is assuming guilt.
    It also begs the question, what else was done

    The best approach to questions like this is to believe you have nothing to loose by questioning Trumps guilt.
    Give me a relay with big enough contacts, and I'll run the world!

    You can be anything you want......As long as you don't suck at it.

    If a person wants to create a machine that will be more likely to fail...Make it complicated.

    USAF 98 Bomb Wing 1960-66 SMW Lu49

  11. #1232
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    14,978
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by hvacker View Post
    I wasn't interested in posting about Bill's guilt. I was just comparing the enthusiasm both parties have when it comes to public hangings.
    Because we are not Constitutional lawyers we will have to wait for the conclusion. I doubt this will make it through the Senate, guilty or not. Party unity is paramount.
    Will Rogers once said" I'm not a member of any organized political party, I'm a Democrat.
    That is a difference between parties and Rogers said that a long time ago.

    There is a basic question. Consider if the results found Trump guilty and a majority of Americans was convinced also. Trumps crimes would surpass Bill's because Bill's were of a petty nature in that the sins were civil excepting the lying. Trumps crimes were of a nature that threatened the security of our country. This is assuming guilt.
    It also begs the question, what else was done

    The best approach to questions like this is to believe you have nothing to loose by questioning Trumps guilt.
    I wasn't aware that they had the main witness be the prosecutor judge and not testify ...then used a whistle blower method to assemble it all.

    Clinton had actual criminal cases pending from Arkansas...there wasn't anyway around it.

    Trump.... wanting that investigation to roll on...no crime there



    Sent from LG Stylo 4 using Tapatalk
    ...

  12. #1233
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Atlanta area
    Posts
    6,899
    Post Likes

  13. #1234
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Atlanta area
    Posts
    6,899
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by hvacker View Post
    There is a basic question. Consider if the results found Trump guilty and a majority of Americans was convinced also. Trumps crimes would surpass Bill's because Bill's were of a petty nature in that the sins were civil excepting the lying. Trumps crimes were of a nature that threatened the security of our country. This is assuming guilt.
    It also begs the question, what else was done

    The best approach to questions like this is to believe you have nothing to loose by questioning Trumps guilt.
    Mr. Trump realized this possibility himself when he was being investigated by Mr. Mueller. Not only did he want to make it obvious that he had not conspired with the Russians, he wanted to maintain a clean public image. So he and his administration cooperated completely with the Mueller investigation and turned over millions of documents to them. But all this cooperation was of no benefit to him whatsoever. The MSM and the Trump haters treated him as a criminal trying to cover up evidence. So Mr. Trump decided that he would not cooperate with any groundless investigations in the future, and that he would fight back when falsely accused.
    Vacuum Technology:
    CRUD = Contamination Resulting in Undesirable Deposits.
    CRAPP = Contamination Resulting in Additional Partial Pressure.

    Change your vacuum pump oil now.

    Test. Testing, 1,2,3.

  14. #1235
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Posts
    21,369
    Post Likes
    I dont believe the dims believe there is a chance that they will remove Trump with impeachment. Doubt there are any republicans who would vote to impeach... even if Trump raped their grand child. Just aint gonna happen... they fear the wrath that Trump would unleash on them... possibly knocking them out of office

    That shows us something... these people will do anything to hold onto their seats... not out of a desire to help the country... its because a seat in congress is such a lucrative money making gig......

    Anyhow... the truth needs to be brought out..... If Trump abused the power of his office..... and it looks like he did...... then he needs to receive some form of punishment for it...... even if its just the shame of being the third president to be impeached. 3 presidents... three centuries..... that other guy... 19th century..... wild bill... 20th century... pee pot... 21st century.... weird aint it.

    Will impeachment turn any voters against Trump... hopefully it will...... but... its very doubtful....... He just needs to take his medicine like a man....... he brought this all on himself by listening to the clowns he hired who have poisoned his mind with all this conspiracy stuff....
    The bible is my constitution and the constitution is my bible.

    WE THE PEOPLE refers to THEM and not YOU.

    Chewbacca Mom 2016

Page 95 of 273 FirstFirst ... 4585888990919293949596979899100101102105145195 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •