Page 219 of 236 FirstFirst ... 119169209212213214215216217218219220221222223224225226229 ... LastLast
Results 2,835 to 2,847 of 3062

Thread: Impeachment

  1. #2835
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    26,921
    Post Likes
    But simple unethical behavior is sufficient to disqualify the end result. It doesn't have to be illegal to be wrong.



    Quote Originally Posted by garyed View Post
    I guess you think the Senate should hold an impeachment trial then.

    An argument could be made about the House proceedings being unethical but i challenge anyone to show me where it was illegal.

    Even a stacked SC with all Trump cronies couldn't rule the House impeachment to be illegal.
    PHM
    --------
    The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking.

  2. #2836
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    6,956
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by vin lashon View Post
    Which is exactly the predicament the Dems find themselves in regarding the impeachment. They couldn't rule anything he did as illegal, so they threw out some "process charges". The lack of substance is why dear Nan has withheld the Articles as long as she has.
    An impeachment is not a criminal indictment nor does there have to be any crime committed for a federal office holder to be impeached. It is basically for not upholding the standards that go along with the office. Abuse of power & obstruction of congress would certainly fit that criteria . A president can be impeached for being drunk on the job even though he committed no crime. The Democrats find themselves in a predicament because they expected public opinion to sway more in their favor after the impeachment hearings. They thought that even without the White house witnesses that Trump's guilt would be obvious to most people & they were wrong. Now their only chance is to have those White house witnesses testify & it doesn't look like the Senate is going to let that happen. I don't think anyone ever expected Trump to be removed from office but I think it was more about exposing him. It just didn't work out the way they planned & I think the Dems are going to pay the price.
    Gary
    -----------
    http://www.oceanhvac.com
    The best things in life are free but not everyone is willing to pay the price.

  3. #2837
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    4,412
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by garyed View Post
    An impeachment is not a criminal indictment nor does there have to be any crime committed for a federal office holder to be impeached. It is basically for not upholding the standards that go along with the office. Abuse of power & obstruction of congress would certainly fit that criteria . A president can be impeached for being drunk on the job even though he committed no crime. The Democrats find themselves in a predicament because they expected public opinion to sway more in their favor after the impeachment hearings. They thought that even without the White house witnesses that Trump's guilt would be obvious to most people & they were wrong. Now their only chance is to have those White house witnesses testify & it doesn't look like the Senate is going to let that happen. I don't think anyone ever expected Trump to be removed from office but I think it was more about exposing him. It just didn't work out the way they planned & I think the Dems are going to pay the price.
    Given your opinion above, does it not make sense this close to the election to allow the people to decide to vote for him again or replace him?

    The presidency belongs to the people, not to the house or senate. We the people decide who will serve us not the other way around.
    "No matter how thirsty your imagination, mirages contain no water"

  4. #2838
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Float'N Vally, MS
    Posts
    2,831
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by garyed View Post
    An impeachment is not a criminal indictment nor does there have to be any crime committed for a federal office holder to be impeached. It is basically for not upholding the standards that go along with the office. Abuse of power & obstruction of congress would certainly fit that criteria . A president can be impeached for being drunk on the job even though he committed no crime. The Democrats find themselves in a predicament because they expected public opinion to sway more in their favor after the impeachment hearings. They thought that even without the White house witnesses that Trump's guilt would be obvious to most people & they were wrong. Now their only chance is to have those White house witnesses testify & it doesn't look like the Senate is going to let that happen. I don't think anyone ever expected Trump to be removed from office but I think it was more about exposing him. It just didn't work out the way they planned & I think the Dems are going to pay the price.
    Now this is one time we are in TOTAL agreement.
    Life is too short, Behappy!
    TFMM

  5. #2839
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    6,956
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh B View Post
    Given your opinion above, does it not make sense this close to the election to allow the people to decide to vote for him again or replace him?

    The presidency belongs to the people, not to the house or senate. We the people decide who will serve us not the other way around.
    Absolutely, I think impeachment was a stupid move for the Democrats & they should have waited for the election & let the people choose the president. Of course I'm not a fan of the outdated electoral college either since that kind of takes it out of the hands of the people too, but it is the law of the land.
    Gary
    -----------
    http://www.oceanhvac.com
    The best things in life are free but not everyone is willing to pay the price.

  6. #2840
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Beatrice, NE
    Posts
    10,035
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by garyed View Post
    Absolutely, I think impeachment was a stupid move for the Democrats & they should have waited for the election & let the people choose the president. Of course I'm not a fan of the outdated electoral college either since that kind of takes it out of the hands of the people too, but it is the law of the land.
    So you don't think that having the 3 or 4 largest cities in the country making the decision is taking it out of the hands of the people?

  7. #2841
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Deep Southeast
    Posts
    8,262
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by garyed View Post
    An impeachment is not a criminal indictment nor does there have to be any crime committed for a federal office holder to be impeached. It is basically for not upholding the standards that go along with the office. Abuse of power & obstruction of congress would certainly fit that criteria .
    I don't disagree. However, it wasn't anticipated that it would become the Dem's personal tool to unseat a POTUS they hate. Abuse of Power & Obstruction are fluff "charges" that can be tossed out for almost any reason, and almost anything can be malignantly used to support these charges.

    In this case, they wanted to prove bribery and high crimes, but they couldn't. Because there were none. The Dems seem to have convinced themselves that the impeachment was justified, but they really have nothing. If only the Framers could have anticipated today's slimy politics and made provision to prevent attempted coups.


    A president can be impeached for being drunk on the job even though he committed no crime. The Democrats find themselves in a predicament because they expected public opinion to sway more in their favor after the impeachment hearings. They thought that even without the White house witnesses that Trump's guilt would be obvious to most people & they were wrong. Now their only chance is to have those White house witnesses testify & it doesn't look like the Senate is going to let that happen. I don't think anyone ever expected Trump to be removed from office but I think it was more about exposing him. It just didn't work out the way they planned & I think the Dems are going to pay the price.
    I doubt it. But if they did, they uphold the perception that the Dems just aren't that bright. I myself believe that they are plenty smart, but are just unable to restrain themselves from being ruled by emotion. I believe they hate him so much that they will do whatever it takes to get rid of him. They had nothing going into this and nothing coming out. It's why Schiff conspired with the WB to get this thing rolling and wrote rules to keep it on track in spite of the obvious.

    It's frustrating for those who want to see America's best interests served, but really, we should give Nan and Schif a big thank you, since they've clinched the 2020 win for Trump and possibly (hopefully) the House and Senate too.

    They also seem to be doing their best to ensure 2024-2028. Thank you Dems!

  8. #2842
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Deep Southeast
    Posts
    8,262
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BNME8EZ View Post
    So you don't think that having the 3 or 4 largest cities in the country making the decision is taking it out of the hands of the people?
    Sorry, if you want to see that Dem perspective change, you'll have to wait until a Repub candidate wins by popular vote. Then the EC will be their Holy Grail.

  9. #2843
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Deep Southeast
    Posts
    8,262
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian8383 View Post
    Stupidity. It has little to do with Trump. Trump is a man. An individual. I don't give a crap about any individual besides my family and friends. You and Gary believe this is is just some blind allegiance to a MAN? Are you two nuts? It's actually the opposite. It's about about protecting US from leftists. It has very little to do with Trump.

    I look at him as an anode rod. I didn't care about him before the election and I certainly don't care about him now. Other than he's defeating the crap out of morons like any Democrat voter and the left/media. I don't care about him any more than I care about Obama or Hillary. They mean nothing to me. How don't you two dopes understand this?
    Given that the Left is rooted in Identity Politics, your words of wisdom fall on deaf ears. They just can't seem to comprehend the concept of following Principles, Ideals and Values in the steering of the nation. With the Left, it's all smoke, mirrors and deception.

  10. #2844
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    14,719
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by garyed View Post
    Fact 1 - The president made a phone call that according to the transcript that he provided, he asked a foreign government leader to investigate a political opponent.
    Fact 2 - At the same time as the call, military aid was being held up that had already been approved by congress.

    That alone is enough evidence for a reasonable person to suspect that there was some type of bribery, extortion or coercion going on to benefit the president's reelection campaign.
    It doesn't have to be conclusive or beyond a reasonable doubt evidence, but it is definitely enough to at least suspect that was what it was all about. If Clinton or Obama made the same call under the same circumstances, I'm sure all the Trump supporters would have no doubt what the call was about. But since Trump made the call it couldn't be a ploy to get dirt on his rival & help his reelection bid. Tell me that it's not a big deal that he did that & we can argue but to say that there is no way that he did that, then any argument is pointless.
    Joe is not a political opponent..he hasn't made it past the primaries.
    Not that it matters what Joe is being investigated about it what he done while in office as VP

    Aid is held up all the time... already been shown to happen and nothing illegal about it.



    Sent from LG Stylo 4 using Tapatalk
    ...

  11. #2845
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Bay Area California
    Posts
    25,356
    Post Likes
    You forgot to mention that one of the conditions Congress wrote in conditional of those funds was the Ukraine root out corruption.

    Trump was trying to just do that.

    Now the Leftists are trying to slam him for doing what Congress has mandated. If it wasn't so sad, it would be hilarious.


    Quote Originally Posted by Missouri Guy View Post
    Joe is not a political opponent..he hasn't made it past the primaries.
    Not that it matters what Joe is being investigated about it what he done while in office as VP

    Aid is held up all the time... already been shown to happen and nothing illegal about it.



    Sent from LG Stylo 4 using Tapatalk
    If you were a real tech, you'd solder a relay on that board and call it good to go.

    I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

    I use 56% silver on everything except steel.

    Did you really need the " If you were a real tech " ??

  12. #2846
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Deep Southeast
    Posts
    8,262
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BBeerme View Post
    You forgot to mention that one of the conditions Congress wrote in conditional of those funds was the Ukraine root out corruption.

    Trump was trying to just do that.

    Now the Leftists are trying to slam him for (insert offense here...any offense at all). If it wasn't so sad, it would be hilarious.
    FTFY

  13. #2847
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Float'N Vally, MS
    Posts
    2,831
    Post Likes
    It is ALL about winning seats, the White House and POWER.

    To them it is not about the country.....


    Trey Gowdy: Trump impeachment trial is not about him.

    https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/trum...ats-trey-gowdy
    Life is too short, Behappy!
    TFMM

Page 219 of 236 FirstFirst ... 119169209212213214215216217218219220221222223224225226229 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •