Page 157 of 157 FirstFirst ... 57107147150151152153154155156157
Results 2,029 to 2,040 of 2040

Thread: Impeachment

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by vin lashon View Post
    A non sequitur.

Your summary here differs from that of openparliament.ca - https://openparliament.ca/bills/42-1/C-16/ , which is obviously written to provide special consideration for sexually deviant groups and for Gender Pronoun legislation. It doesn't state, however, the penalty for violation.

One thing seems certain...that the definition of "hate speech based on gender identity or expression" is bound to be wrapped up in 'pronoun violations'.

Are you able to provide further objective information on what speech is considered in violation and what penalties exist?

Excerpt:

[COLOR="#0000FF"]

Status

This bill has received Royal Assent and is now law.

Summary

This is from the published bill. The Library of Parliament often publishes better independent summaries.

This enactment amends the Canadian Human Rights Act to add gender identity and gender expression to the list of prohibited grounds of discrimination.

The enactment also amends the Criminal Code to extend the protection against hate propaganda set out in that Act to any section of the public that is distinguished by gender identity or expression and to clearly set out that evidence that an offence was motivated by bias, prejudice or hate based on gender identity or expression constitutes an aggravating circumstance that a court must take into consideration when it imposes a sentence.

I'm not sure why you're downplaying the intent of the Bill. My posting it was nothing personal against Canada. You'll note that I also posted NYC legislation that seems similar or perhaps worse. Perhaps it will be helpful for me to reiterate that my comments are almost always rooted in the Big Picture, AKA 'Global Thinking'.

I think Canada may be ahead in their headlong rush toward Leftist lunacy, but the US isn't very far behind. Trump is a reprieve from that nonsense, but I don't pretend that it won't persist, though slowed a bit. As you have noted, we spend a lot of time denigrating the Left in the US (and elsewhere) because we recognize the consequences of such cultural insanity.

One small example is dictating that 'citizens' accept the deception that there are more than two genders.

The simple reality of these kinds of bills is that they are an attempt to mandate justification for what is, essentially, unjustifiable.

But the point is that it's not a specific culture or nation that we rail against. We rail against the destructive and insane ideology of Liberalism. We do so because we recognize that such ideologies are the beginning of the end of personal rights and freedoms. Indeed, cultures.
    Why so serious? My summary was a cut/paste of ARP rules.

I'm not downplaying it. I'm seeing it for what it is through the eyes of a person who actually lives here. The bill has zero affect on my life. I just continue treating people with respect. Mostly

If a girl who is now a man doesn't want to be called a girl, whatever. I don't have to agree with another person's life choices to treat them humanly. Clearly the person has issues, I don't want to add to them.

Anywho, not sure how we got here... Back to impeachment...
    Last edited by Lahrs; Today at 03:04 PM.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahrs View Post
    Why so serious?

I'm not downplaying it. I'm seeing it for what it is through the eyes of a person who actually lives here. The bill has zero affect on my life. I just continue treating people with respect. Mostly

If a girl who is now a man doesn't want to be called a girl, whatever. I don't have to agree with another person's life choices to treat them humanly. Clearly the person has issues, I don't want to add to them.

Anywho, not sure how we got here... Back to impeachment...
    That's not in debate. Does that require legislation? If it does, it indicates a problem, either culturally or legislatively.

But the question is how the legislation is defined and enforced? If I call an uppity 'trans' a he instead of a she, can that 'trans' demand enforcement? And what would the penalties be?

Back to impeachment? You know these threads are fluid. Discussion on the OP topic will resume whenever it does.

Post Likes
    Back to the serious topic....

Here I sit, broken hearted. Came to Schiff but only farted.

4. Likes captube liked this post
    Post Likes
    That's not in debate. Does that require legislation? If it does, it indicates a problem, either culturally or legislatively.

But the question is how the legislation is defined and enforced? If I call an uppity 'trans' a he instead of a she, can that 'trans' demand enforcement? And what would the penalties be?

Back to impeachment? You know these threads are fluid. Discussion on the OP topic will resume whenever it does.

It requires legislation so if someone wants to be a ****, they can be called to task. As much as I was joking before, it holds true. Don't be an AH and you'll be just fine.

In practice I think you'll find our courts are balanced in their assessment on these topics. Example: https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti...xing-1.5330807

Your example: Is that not the same as calling a straight person a poof? Verbal abuse. You and I may think it silly to sue or get arrested for such, but the law allows for it in both of our countries. In practice, if these laws were of issue, I'd have been fired, fined and a felon a thousand times over by now.

Post Likes
    Should the bolded be our purpose? To amend our principles for our Liberal friends? No. I recognize that there are extremist threads/posts that aren't very productive (other than the venting of understandable frustration, and they do add 'value' in their own way), but there are also many well reasoned posts and comments and stimulating discussions.

You'll note that there are several intelligent posters from the Left side who have been here for years, so, apparently, we haven't run them all off, nor is it our intent to do so. After all, it would be a very dull place without oppositional viewpoints. I suppose there are those who feel offended and leave. It's inevitable given the strong conviction of principle many here feel. As to winning by forfeit, I disagree. Forfeit has nothing to do with standing on principle. In this day and age, that rarely constitutes "winning".
    No. Of course not. A poster can have any intention they want. Teach, preach, vent... Mine, for example, is more often than not to read and learn. Even play devils advocate at times.

What I'm questioning, If the purpose is to change minds, creatively calling people idiots doesn't work. Atleast not for me.

If the purpose is to 'amend the principles of your Liberal friends', starting with "liberal lunatics" does not open minds. Even if true.

Post Likes
    No. Of course not. A poster can have any intention they want. Teach, preach, vent... Mine, for example, is more often than not to read and learn. Even play devils advocate at times.

What I'm questioning, If the purpose is to change minds, creatively calling people idiots doesn't work. Atleast not for me.

If the purpose is to 'amend the principles of your Liberal friends', starting with "liberal lunatics" does not open minds. Even if true.
    Sure. If that were our purpose. But it's not about "amending principles". It's about posting common sense principles, issues and resolution, where possible. It's also about venting frustration at what we see in the news. Or celebrating 'victories'. And comradeship. It's also about the recognition of the destructive path that Liberalism wishes to lead us. We hope it makes a difference, but recognize that as unlikely.

As to changing the minds of most Liberals? Doubtful. But the effort is enjoyable, as is the debate, particularly amongst the reasoned/reasonable. And I agree that name calling doesn't accomplish much, but it's inevitable. It will happen. Some make it a habit, others occasionally. From both sides. For the most part, I try to ensure that my comments address the ideology (which truly is lunacy). I don't see that changing.

Post Likes

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BBeerme View Post
    Is that the legislation where the penalty is a $250,000 fine?
    NYC, yes. I'm not sure about Canada. I may look into that.

Post Likes
    It requires legislation so if someone wants to be a ****, they can be called to task. As much as I was joking before, it holds true. Don't be an AH and you'll be just fine.
    Why does this require legislation? The law has to step in because Mr. wasn't called Mrs? The US has gone over 200 years without the need for such legislation. Why now? Is there a segment of the population for whom names will "break their bones and harm them"? Isn't it a bit silly? If the 'victimized' parties are children, it's a parental thing. If they're adults and demand legislation with stiff penalties because someone called them a name, well, that's just ridiculously pitiful. They should just go back and live in mommy and daddy's basement.

If someone is harassed or threatened or whatever, those parties can avail themselve of the same laws everyone else does, can't they? So why special legislation?

In practice I think you'll find our courts are balanced in their assessment on these topics. Example: https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti...xing-1.5330807
    Good to see, but I'm betting that won't last. These things somehow seem to gain ground unless a stand is made against them.

Your example: Is that not the same as calling a straight person a poof? Verbal abuse. You and I may think it silly to sue or get arrested for such, but the law allows for it in both of our countries. In practice, if these laws were of issue, I'd have been fired, fined and a felon a thousand times over by now.
    My example? Trans? Short for transsexual, isn't it? Same as if you call me hetro, and if you did, I'd say 'Damn right!'. You may be a victim of your culture.

As to whether they 'practice' them or not, there's a reason those laws are on the books. They give minority status to sexual preference. Hey, see any legislation against calling Blacks names? Mexicans? Women? Asians? Any "name calling laws" on the books for any other group?

And it's not just Canada. It's in the US and will become more prolific, if the Left has their way. Remember the Christian baker? There are more stories like that in the US. One can find them more an more.

Activist accused of misgendering political candidate stands his ground before human rights tribunal

Are Jordan Peterson’s Claims About Bill C-16 Correct?

This movement will grow. Count on it.
    Last edited by vin lashon; Today at 07:06 PM.

Post Likes
    I have found that once most liberals go down that dark road, they are never saved. The more you reason with them, the more they dig their heels in.

I am uncomfortable singling out one guy here. He's a really good guy. He's a reasonable guy for the most part. He's got a good head on his shoulders. But when it comes to politics and moving to the "dark side", it has become entirely emotional. And his mind has moved into that emotional vault.

Progressive liberals supported the Russia thing for over a couple years. No one could get through to them. After a couple years of complete madness by the democrats and media(same thing) it was finally shown it was all an insane hoax from day one. Just like we said. In fact more proof keeps coming in such as the repulsive violation of Carter Page's civil rights that was finally proven beyond question by the IG report among other eye opening revelations. Not for me and other informed conservatives, of course.

And now we have these same progressive liberals supporting the new madness of the Ukraine hoax brought to us by the same people who pushed the Russia thing.

Now here is the point. Some of these progressive liberals are great guys with a good heads on their shoulders, but still can't admit the Russia hoax. Also, they can't bring themselves to understand the the real and obvious danger of a government officials, the majority of the media, Washington bureaucrats, intelligence officials and nearly 100% of every elected Democrat pushing this hoax and nearly getting away with it. Destroying people's lives in the process(where are you civil liberties liberals?). They now support this newest hoax with the same enthusiasm they had when they supported the Russian hoax.

So changing progressive liberals mind's is a pointless endeavor. It ain't going to happen. Adam Schiff himself could call these people and personally tell them the Russia thing was a political hoax and the Ukraine thing is the same. Even that wouldn't convince these guys.

So what are we left with? We need to try to convince others to not go down this road. Not even begining the process. Because like I said, the insanity of supporting national progressive liberalism, once hooked, makes you dig your heels in deeper. And ridiculing it is pretty darn effective and a great counter punch to civil debate. Civil debate alone isn't enough.

And keep in mind, I'm talking about centralized power in Washington. Where things always spiral into insanity. I'm not talking about reasonable liberalism imposed at the state level. Or the province level with a population of a few million or less for my Canadian friends . That can be effective and kept restrained and controlled by individuals if that's what those individuals choose. I'm talking about Washington. I think that might be a difference some are forgetting about when you evaluate conservatives like myself. For me, it's all about Washington. It can't be controlled. As we can see with the hoaxes perpetrated against Trump. Liberalism at the state level? At the province level? And even more local? Have at it. Let's go down to town halls and debate the hell out of it. I fully support that 100%.

But calling out people who support progressive liberalism imposed at the federal level? Yeah, these people are idiots with mountains of evidence that supports that truth. It's insanity. And the young person begining to pay attention and begining to understand politics needs to know the rational arguments and facts as to why it is idiocy. Polite civil debate while the left does what it does isn't enough. That's what we had from our side from 1988 up till the Tea Party. We had 21 years of civil polite debates. And it didn't work. In 2010 things began to turn around. It started at the state level and the House of Representatives, now it's moving into the senate and the White House because we got back in the faces of these maniacs. We didn't make the rules. They were made by the left 20 years ago. People need to think of the guaranteed outcome if we go back to the single tactic of 1988-2009 style civil and polite debate.

So we should tone it back while they attempt to remove a duly elected President of the United States over lies? Lol. Think how much sense that makes.

IMHO.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk
    “Free men do not ask permission to bear arms.”
    -Possibly said by Thomas Jefferson(but true even if he didn't)

“What one generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace.”
    ― Definitely said by John Wesley

Post Likes
    I remember in my early 20s where I had very liberal views. I was a sad case and I didn’t even know it.

Lib/dem = infant

Con/rep = adult

Post Likes
    Yep, there's that ol' saying:
    If you're not a liberal when you are young, you don't have a heart. If you don't turn conservative as you become an adult, you don't have a brain.

Quote Originally Posted by Adlerberts-Protege View Post
    I remember in my early 20s where I had very liberal views. I was a sad case and I didn’t even know it.

Lib/dem = infant

Con/rep = adult
    If you were a real tech, you'd solder a relay on that board and call it good to go.

I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

I use 56% silver on everything except steel.

Did you really need the " If you were a real tech " ??

Page 157 of 157 FirstFirst ... 57107147150151152153154155156157