Page 13 of 102 FirstFirst ... 3678910111213141516171819202363 ... LastLast
Results 157 to 169 of 1325

Thread: Impeachment

  1. #157
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Near Atlanta, GA.
    Posts
    14,849
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh B View Post
    They are actually helping him get re-elected in 2020! When it's everybody against one guy it kinda turns him into the underdog. People cheer on the underdog. Plus, the underdog has the lowest unemployment, best economy and most positive outlook for the future. Meanwhile, the dems keep claiming and proclaiming all the bad things they are going to accomplish. Like go socialism, give away my tax money to those who did not pay into the system, open the borders and let anybody in, ect...

    Trump will be winning in 2020 thanks to the Dems themselves. This is great to watch.
    Yep.

    The Democrats have become so radical, they have lost much of mainstream Americans. They know the only way they can get the White House back is to rally the people that want something for nothing, appease the gays and trans, start race wars, convince women they can't do without abortion, and generally suck up to the immoral and unethical.

    They have written off mainstream Americans and good people who work and take responsibility for their families in favor of those who want to bring this country down.

    This whole impeachment thing will backfire on the Dems badly.

  2. #158
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Near Atlanta, GA.
    Posts
    14,849
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoobie View Post
    Am I the only pub that’s had enough of dt?

    Would like to see someone else on the ticket 2020. That guy has done a lot of harm. Time to move on.
    There are things I don't like about Trump, his drama for example.

    But what damage has he done?


    https://www.marketwatch.com/story/us...low-2019-10-04

  3. #159
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    1,251
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by vin lashon View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but was there ever a time when you were in support of Trump? As far as I can remember, you've always been anti-Trump.
    That’s right. I’ve seen through his bs from the start. Would like to see the Republican Party come to their senses...

  4. #160
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Deep Southeast
    Posts
    7,524
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoobie View Post
    That’s right. I’ve seen through his bs from the start. Would like to see the Republican Party come to their senses...
    Is it possible that your initial and consistent personal dislike influences your opinion on his performance as POTUS?

  5. #161
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Atlanta GA area
    Posts
    41,735
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by vin lashon View Post
    Is it possible that your initial and consistent personal dislike influences your opinion on his performance as POTUS?
    As a casual observer...

    IMO the word possible is misplaced...

    The correct word, IMO, is probable... or probably...
    GA-HVAC-Tech

    Your comfort, Your way, Everyday!

  6. #162
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    6,687
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by vin lashon View Post
    That's because you're asking the wrong question.




    This is, in part, the right question. I can't say with 100% assurance, because again, we can never truly know the thoughts of one man. But I don't believe personal motivation drove him. Certainly, it makes sense that he would discuss it with the UKR Pres. I will, however, grant that he should have considered the timing.


    Given the circumstances and the purposes of the process, these are the right questions:

    • Can it be proven that Trump had personal motives?
    • Can it be disproven that he wasn't simply looking for corruption?



    The answer to both questions is a solid no.


    Additional valid questions for you:

    1. Is it possible that this is just an extension of Witch Hunt 1.0, 2.0, etc?

    2. Is it possible, given the history of the Left where Trump is concerned, that they are just out to get Trump no matter how they have to do it?

    3. Does it bother you that, although there is just as much reason from their perspective to go after Biden, completely ignore the facts of the 'Biden incident'?

    If so, does that make you think the Left is on a vendetta?
    To answer your qustions first:
    1 - yes
    2 - yes
    3 - no
    The last question I would answer "yes", I think the Left is on a vendetta to get Trump but I would also say they have every reason to be. If not for their own political benefit then at least to protect the country from a tyrant who IMO has no respect for the law or the Constitution. IMO any witch hunt or vendetta against Trump is needed to protect our country from him. In trying to protect our country from Communists, it seems like we've opened the door to a more dangerous totalitarian regime run by Donald Trump.

    I forgot to mention that I'm a little shocked that you could believe Trump had no personal motivation for investigating Biden.
    Last edited by garyed; 10-06-2019 at 09:37 PM.
    Gary
    -----------
    http://www.oceanhvac.com
    The best things in life are free but not everyone is willing to pay the price.

  7. #163
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Deep Southeast
    Posts
    7,524
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by garyed View Post
    To answer your qustions first:
    1 - yes
    2 - yes
    3 - no
    As always, I appreciate your honest response.

    Why doesn't the Lefts giving Biden a pass bother you?

    The last question I would answer "yes", I think the Left is on a vendetta to get Trump but I would also say they have every reason to be. If not for their own political benefit then at least to protect the country from a tyrant who IMO has no respect for the law or the Constitution. IMO any witch hunt or vendetta against Trump is needed to protect our country from him. In trying to protect our country from Communists, it seems like we've opened the door to a more dangerous totalitarian regime run by Donald Trump.
    Did they have the right to a vendetta in 2016, before Trump was elected, and immediately after...before he made any choices, before he initiated any policy? If no, where does one define when the Vendetta (WH) became justified, given that the Left has been after Trump since he won the nomination?


    I forgot to mention that I'm a little shocked that you could believe Trump had no personal motivation for investigating Biden.
    I said I didn't believe personal motivation drove him. I don't. I'm sure the thought crossed his mind, and possibly he's capable. Not only don't I think he's that stupid, but I believe the man truly wants to act in America's best interest. Remember, from the beginning, Trump has declared war on the swamp. And the Swamp hates him. His policies certainly reflect that he serves America's interests, at least from a Conservative viewpoint. Also, a man who has been hunted for 3 years generally thinks before he acts. In this case, I believe his mention of Biden in the conversation was with good intent. He won't have been incognizant of the reality that the Left was 'listening' and would seize upon any actionable behavior.

  8. #164
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    6,687
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by vin lashon View Post
    As always, I appreciate your honest response.

    Why doesn't the Lefts giving Biden a pass bother you?



    Did they have the right to a vendetta in 2016, before Trump was elected, and immediately after...before he made any choices, before he initiated any policy? If no, where does one define when the Vendetta (WH) became justified, given that the Left has been after Trump since he won the nomination?




    I said I didn't believe personal motivation drove him. I don't. I'm sure the thought crossed his mind, and possibly he's capable. Not only don't I think he's that stupid, but I believe the man truly wants to act in America's best interest. Remember, from the beginning, Trump has declared war on the swamp. And the Swamp hates him. His policies certainly reflect that he serves America's interests, at least from a Conservative viewpoint. Also, a man who has been hunted for 3 years generally thinks before he acts. In this case, I believe his mention of Biden in the conversation was with good intent. He won't have been incognizant of the reality that the Left was 'listening' and would seize upon any actionable behavior.
    Let's not forget that the Republican hierarchy had a vendetta against Trump even before the Democrats did. They tried every way they could to steal the nomination from him but his support from the people was too strong to overcome. I think the left has gone overboard with Trump by dissecting everything he does instead of only focusing on things of importance that he needs to be called on. They've lost credibility to the point that when they do have a valid issue with him its hard to take them seriously. I find myself being guilty of the same thing but the only difference is I know it has nothing to do with my own personal gain or aspirations. I just want what I think is best for the country & like most everyone else here, the catch phrase is "I think". The Dems & liberals worry me & I dislike a lot of their policies but Trump scares me at a level way beyond anything I dislike about the left.
    Gary
    -----------
    http://www.oceanhvac.com
    The best things in life are free but not everyone is willing to pay the price.

  9. Likes davidadavis liked this post
  10. #165
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Atlanta GA area
    Posts
    41,735
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by garyed View Post
    To answer your qustions first:
    1 - yes
    2 - yes
    3 - no
    The last question I would answer "yes", I think the Left is on a vendetta to get Trump but I would also say they have every reason to be. If not for their own political benefit then at least to protect the country from a tyrant who IMO has no respect for the law or the Constitution. IMO any witch hunt or vendetta against Trump is needed to protect our country from him. In trying to protect our country from Communists, it seems like we've opened the door to a more dangerous totalitarian regime run by Donald Trump.

    I forgot to mention that I'm a little shocked that you could believe Trump had no personal motivation for investigating Biden.
    So what you are saying...
    Is polecats have the right to break the law...
    To save the country from their opinion of what is good and bad for the country???

    WHERE in the founding documents...
    Is that behavior justified???

    AND

    How does one justify that behavior in a country founded on
    The rule of law???

    Answers Gary...
    You are gonna have to answer this one!
    GA-HVAC-Tech

    Your comfort, Your way, Everyday!

  11. #166
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    3,958
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by BBeerme View Post
    Biden bribed the Ukraine, then bragged about it, and you say that is not an admission or any wrongdoing?

    How odd. He's on tape bragging about committing a crime, and you're good with that?
    There is no admission of wrongdoing/crime. How do you say that he did???

    It was the official US position that the UA prosecutor was corrupt and should be fired. The EU/IMF/WB all had the same position. So everything said on that video was done for the US... not Biden personally. You can question if the US should have had that position and if Biden influced the US position for personal gain... just as with Trump... was he asking Z to investigate Biden for the benefit of himself or the US at large?

  12. #167
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    3,958
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by vin lashon View Post
    You're stuck on a single track, aren't you? I'm saying that, regarding Ukraine, as much as the Dems believe they have reason to go after Trump, they have just as much or more reason to go after Biden, yet they don't. That should tell anyone paying attention that it's business as usual for the Left. "Get Trump!"
    Usual crap from the right... “lock her up” without any evidence.... carry on.

  13. #168
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Dacula, GA
    Posts
    20,005
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by davidadavis View Post
    Usual crap from the right... “lock her up” without any evidence.... carry on.
    Completely and absolutely unbelievable your statement there DDD.

    I can't imagine any honest person saying that there is no evidence against Hillary.

    Your credibility has taken a unrecoverable devastating hit IMHO with your post above.

    Geez unbelievable. Took my breath away. Thank you, thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."

    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Sen. Barry Goldwater

  14. #169
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    6,687
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    So what you are saying...
    Is polecats have the right to break the law...
    To save the country from their opinion of what is good and bad for the country???
    I am not saying that at all. I understand them going after Trump for the good of the country but never endorsed them breaking the law to do it.

    WHERE in the founding documents...
    Is that behavior justified???

    AND

    How does one justify that behavior in a country founded on
    The rule of law???

    Answers Gary...
    You are gonna have to answer this one!
    Having a so called vendetta & going after Trump continuously does not equate to breaking the law. I never endorsed breaking the law.
    If you're referring to giving Biden a pass then that is something different & you're mistaking my apathy for endorsement too.
    I have no idea if Biden broke the law & if he did he should pay the consequences. I just have no interest at this point in finding out what he did or didn't do. I'm sure if I despised Biden or was concerned about how he was hurting our country like I do Trump, then I would want to see him gone after at all costs.
    Gary
    -----------
    http://www.oceanhvac.com
    The best things in life are free but not everyone is willing to pay the price.

Page 13 of 102 FirstFirst ... 3678910111213141516171819202363 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •