Page 129 of 262 FirstFirst ... 2979119122123124125126127128129130131132133134135136139179229 ... LastLast
Results 1,665 to 1,677 of 3406

Thread: Impeachment

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Missouri Guy View Post
    Obstruction for what?

Sent from LG Stylo 4 using Tapatalk
    I'm sorry if i don't always answer your questions but you keep asking questions that have been argued about in over 1000 posts in this one thread alone. Trump has ordered his people to not obey subpoenas of documents or to appear to testify. You've also asked "what crimes" as if we haven't been arguing about what Trump did or didn't do & the gravity of the accusations if they are true. I understand you don't agree with me but you can't expect me to keep repeating myself because you don't buy what i'm saying.
    Gary
    -----------
    http://www.oceanhvac.com
    The best things in life are free but not everyone is willing to pay the price.

2. Likes davidadavis liked this post
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Missouri Guy View Post
    How would Hillary have been better?

We would not have a tyrannical egomaniac running the country.
    Gary
    -----------

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh B View Post
    How about because he is running for president? Are you really all this dense? The exVP wants to be president and you don't care if he is corrupt.
    Now you've touched on the whole reason why Trump wanted the investigations. At the time of the call, Biden was beating Trump in some of the polls.
    Gary
    -----------

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by garyed View Post
    I'm sorry if i don't always answer your questions but you keep asking questions that have been argued about in over 1000 posts in this one thread alone. Trump has ordered his people to not obey subpoenas of documents or to appear to testify. You've also asked "what crimes" as if we haven't been arguing about what Trump did or didn't do & the gravity of the accusations if they are true. I understand you don't agree with me but you can't expect me to keep repeating myself because you don't buy what i'm saying.
    Gary, were you bothered when during the IRS investigation and questioning when Learner plead the 5th rather than testify? I was personally affected when the IRS held up, for years the tax exempt status of the group of conservatives of which I am an officer. Yet, the IRS demanded personal information from each of our members as well as documents regarding what we discussed at our meetings and more. It took years for us to finally get our tax exempt status but that was not until Obama was re-elected. Meanwhile, our group was hamstrung and made ineffective. Then Learner and her IRS gang plead the fifth rather than testify.

Gary, the government is corrupt and working against us. You don't yet see how there is a swamp and it is deep and wide. The swamp looks out for its own and lies and cheats if you are not a member. Trump is not a member. They are out to destroy everyone who seeks real liberty and freedom. Gary, you are currently blinded and I hope you eventually see the light.
    "No matter how thirsty your imagination, mirages contain no water"

Post Likes
    Now you've touched on the whole reason why Trump wanted the investigations. At the time of the call, Biden was beating Trump in some of the polls.
    You bet! Gary, we need everybody investigated. Let's go after corruption wherever it raises its ugly head. So, where are the investigations and prosecutions on Biden, Clinton and other obvious cheats? We are ignoring the obvious while fishing where we are least likely to find fish.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh B View Post
    Gary, were you bothered when during the IRS investigation and questioning when Learner plead the 5th rather than testify? I was personally affected when the IRS held up, for years the tax exempt status of the group of conservatives of which I am an officer. Yet, the IRS demanded personal information from each of our members as well as documents regarding what we discussed at our meetings and more. It took years for us to finally get our tax exempt status but that was not until Obama was re-elected. Meanwhile, our group was hamstrung and made ineffective. Then Learner and her IRS gang plead the fifth rather than testify.

Gary, the government is corrupt and working against us. You don't yet see how there is a swamp and it is deep and wide. The swamp looks out for its own and lies and cheats if you are not a member. Trump is not a member. They are out to destroy everyone who seeks real liberty and freedom. Gary, you are currently blinded and I hope you eventually see the light.
    I only remember a little about the IRS case but I agree that what they did never smelled right. I don't doubt that it was a valid case against the Democrats in charge & I also don't disagree with you about the government being corrupt. The only thing i disagree with is your notion that Trump is immune from being corrupt himself. He may have drained the swamp but he filled it back up with piranhas that obey his every command.
    Gary
    -----------

8. Likes davidadavis liked this post
    Post Likes
    Did you ever reflect on why the formerly substantial contributions to The Clinton Foundation (through all of it's various name changes) dropped so precipitously after there were no Clintons holding elected office in the United States? During the Clintons time in office I think the annual intake was about two hundred and fifty million dollars. Now I think it is about twenty million annually. Hmmmm . . . so did 90% of the contributors all suddenly decide they weren't quite as concerned with improving the world as they had been with a Clinton in office? Or did the quid suddenly seem less than the likely available quo's value with no Clintons in position to supply them with information, jobs, and influence? Which of the two seems more likely to you?

And did you ever reflect on the possibility that Ms. Clinton having access to the most valuable secrets and power that a US president enjoys might have allowed the donors (with a strikingly large number being foreign countries/nationals) to take a more-value-based view of her foundation's need for contributions?

Of course I don't know. But I think pondering the Clintons' motivations involving the above are as worthwhile as pondering President Trump's motivations during the telephone call currently being dissected.

So, given the above - in what likely scenario play-out would have Hillary been better than Donald in the White House?

PHM
    ----------

Hillary may not be my choice for president but I don't think she could be worse than Trump. I do blame the Democrats for setting the stage for allowing Trump to take over the country & run it like a monarchy.
    Just forget about the Constitution & let the Trump dynasty rule the land while his supporters concern themselves about the Biden's.
    PHM
    --------
    The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking.

10. Likes vin lashon liked this post
    Post Likes
    I only remember a little about the IRS case but I agree that what they did never smelled right. I don't doubt that it was a valid case against the Democrats in charge & I also don't disagree with you about the government being corrupt. The only thing i disagree with is your notion that Trump is immune from being corrupt himself. He may have drained the swamp but he filled it back up with piranhas that obey his every command.
    I never made any such claim that I think Trump is immune from corruption. Do you work for CNN or something, putting words in my mouth. The swamp has not been drained by a long shot. And, where is the Trump corruption you speak of? The so called evidence is all assumption so far. That is not the case for Clinton or Biden. Biden admitted on video that he beat Ukraine with an ultimatum to fire an investigator or they would not receive US finds as promised. And, Biden gave them a few hours to get it done or else. Where is the House Of Reps looking at that?

Can't you see the absolute corrupt one sided series of investigations going on? Wake up!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Poodle Head Mikey View Post
    Did you ever reflect on why the formerly substantial contributions to The Clinton Foundation (through all of it's various name changes) dropped so precipitously after there were no Clintons holding elected office in the United States? During the Clintons time in office I think the annual intake was about two hundred and fifty million dollars. Now I think it is about twenty million annually. Hmmmm . . . so did 90% of the contributors all suddenly decide they weren't quite as concerned with improving the world as they had been with a Clinton in office? Or did the quid suddenly seem less than the likely available quo's value with no Clintons in position to supply them with information, jobs, and influence? Which of the two seems more likely to you?

And did you ever reflect on the possibility that Ms. Clinton having access to the most valuable secrets and power that a US president enjoys might have allowed the donors (with a strikingly large number being foreign countries/nationals) to take a more-value-based view of her foundation's need for contributions?
    1 - No
    2 - I don't know
    3 - No

Of course I don't know. But I think pondering the Clintons' motivations involving the above are as worthwhile as pondering President Trump's motivations during the telephone call currently being dissected.

So, given the above - in what likely scenario play-out would have Hillary been better than Donald in the White House?

PHM
    ----------
    You have to remember that politics isn't just about facts & figures, it's about what we believe about the facts & figures & what we believe about the people in office.
    I think if Trump found a cure for cancer I would still consider him a bad president so it's hard for me to look at him from an objective point of view.
    So to answer your final question, I don't think there is any reasonable scenario you could come up with that would convince me that Hillary would not have been better than Trump in the White House.
    Gary
    -----------

Post Likes
    Lol...if they don't have to go then they don't have to go...you know like Hunter Biden.
    And again...what crimes has Trump done... Democrats can't even name one..the witness tampering was another fine example of just slinging out fake charges..

Post Likes
    We would not have a tyrannical egomaniac running the country.
    Yes you would.
    We would be flooded with Muslims....More freak appointed judges...More private servers and so on

Post Likes
    But I've answered this 1000 times also. And you either don't get it or you don't want to acknowledge it's validity.

The president has a unique position. He is representing the USA and the people within it. You cannot allow him or his cabinet to be harassed to the point they can't get anything done. The laws set up for the president to not be harassed along with his cabinet by have been embraced by both parties. Because it's common sense. If the opposition party is allowed to harass everyone in the White House, nothing can get done and it's an effective way for them to nullify an election and rob me of my vote! Gary!! Think!

Both party passed these laws. Even the evil twisted media supported it. But now that's its Trump, these same people who have supported executive privilege for decades now have convinced the easily propagandized masses to think he's doing something wrong. When in fact he is protecting the office of the Presidency.

Don't believe me Gary? Read what they all said up till 3 years ago.

You are being played for a chump. Wake up.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk
    “Free men do not ask permission to bear arms.”
    -Possibly said by Thomas Jefferson(but true even if he didn't)

“What one generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace.”
    ― Definitely said by John Wesley

Post Likes
    Wake up buddy. You are being payed.

Wikipedia:

Clinton administration

The Clinton administration invoked executive privilege on fourteen occasions.

In 1998, President Bill Clinton became the first president since Nixon to assert executive privilege and lose in court, when a federal judge ruled that Clinton aides could be called to testify in the Lewinsky scandal.[14]

Later, Clinton exercised a form of negotiated executive privilege when he agreed to testify before the grand jury called by Independent Counsel Kenneth Starr only after negotiating the terms under which he would appear. Declaring that "absolutely no one is above the law", Starr said such a privilege "must give way" and evidence "must be turned over" to prosecutors if it is relevant to an investigation.

George W. Bush administrationEdit

The Bush administration invoked executive privilege on six occasions.

President George W. Bush first asserted executive privilege in December 2001 to deny disclosure of details regarding former attorney general Janet Reno,[15] the scandal involving Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) misuse of organized crime informants James J. Bulger and Stephen Flemmi, and Justice Department deliberations about President Bill Clinton's fundraising tactics.[16]

Bush invoked executive privilege "in substance" in refusing to disclose the details of Vice President Dick Cheney's meetings with energy executives, which was not appealed by the GAO. In a separate Supreme Court decision in 2004, however, Justice Anthony Kennedy noted "Executive privilege is an extraordinary assertion of power 'not to be lightly invoked.'" United States v. Reynolds, 345 U.S. 1, 7 (1953).

Further, on June 28, 2007, Bush invoked executive privilege in response to congressional subpoenas requesting documents from former presidential counsel Harriet Miers

On July 9, 2007, Bush again invoked executive privilege to block a congressional subpoena requiring the testimonies of Taylor and Miers. Furthermore, White House Counsel Fred F. Fielding refused to comply with a deadline set by the chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee to explain its privilege claim, prove that the president personally invoked it, and provide logs of which documents were being withheld. On July 25, 2007, the House Judiciary Committee voted to cite Miers and White House Chief of Staff Joshua Bolten for contempt of Congress.[18][19]

On July 13, less than a week after claiming executive privilege for Miers and Taylor, Fielding effectively claimed the privilege again, this time in relation to documents related to the 2004 death of Army Ranger Pat Tillman. In a letter to the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform, Fielding claimed certain papers relating to discussion of the friendly fire shooting "implicate Executive Branch confidentiality interests" and would therefore not be turned over to the committee.[20]

On August 1, 2007, Bush invoked the privilege for the fourth time in little over a month, this time rejecting a subpoena for Karl Rove. The subpoena would have required Rove to testify before the Senate Judiciary Committee in a probe over fired federal prosecutors. In a letter to Senate Judiciary chairman Patrick Leahy, Fielding claimed that "Rove, as an immediate presidential advisor, is immune from compelled congressional testimony about matters that arose during his tenure and that relate to his official duties in that capacity."[21]

Leahy claimed that President Bush was not involved with the decision to terminate the service of U.S. attorneys. Furthermore, he asserted that the president's executive privilege claims protecting both Bolten and Rove were illegal. The senator demanded that Bolten, Rove, Sara Taylor, and J. Scott Jennings comply "immediately" with their subpoenas. This development paved the way for a Senate panel vote on whether to advance the citations to the full Senate. "It is obvious that the reasons given for these firings were contrived as part of a cover-up and that the stonewalling by the White House is part and parcel of that same effort", Leahy concluded.[22][23][24][25]

As of 17 July 2008, Rove still claimed executive privilege to avoid a congressional subpoena. Rove's lawyer wrote that his client is "constitutionally immune from compelled congressional testimony."[26]

Obama administrationEdit

On June 20, 2012, President Barack Obama asserted executive privilege in order to withhold certain Department of Justice documents related to the Operation Fast and Furious controversy ahead of a United States House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform vote to hold Attorney General Eric Holder in contempt of Congress for refusing to produce the documents.[27][28] Later the same day, the House Committee voted 23–17 along party lines to hold Holder in contempt of Congress over not releasing the documents.[29]

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk
    “Free men do not ask permission to bear arms.”
    -Possibly said by Thomas Jefferson(but true even if he didn't)

“What one generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace.”
    ― Definitely said by John Wesley

Page 129 of 262 FirstFirst ... 2979119122123124125126127128129130131132133134135136139179229 ... LastLast