Page 128 of 267 FirstFirst ... 2878118121122123124125126127128129130131132133134135138178228 ... LastLast
Results 1,652 to 1,664 of 3469

Thread: Impeachment

  1. #1652
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    napping on the couch
    Posts
    13,232
    Post Likes
    I find it amusing when people say many countries wanted Shokin fired. Therefore he must have been corrupt.

    To a sane and rational person the fact that many countries were saying he was corrupt is meaningless. And it should be for anyone.

    Maybe it's me, but when I hear things like that, it absolutely means nothing to me. Or, it actually makes my ears perk up a little more. Oh really, lots of world leaders want a guy ousted.

    Its kind of like when lefties cite polls to try to convince us we are wrong.

    "Well, 56% of Americans disagree with you, obviously you are wrong." It is laughable these things are weighed into the beliefs of liberals. That they trust these things they are told to trust. By people who have been proven to be corrupt liars themselves over and over again.

    The same damn people who created Russia-gate are the same players who are now pushing Ukraine-gate. And no bells sound in your heads? You are going to follow the same evil liars down the same path again? And when this all fizzles and goes away, and the left and the media(same thing) pretend what the country has been put through didn't happen, what will the your response be Gary and David? Will you just pretend you weren't duped once again like you did when Russia-gate and spy-gate was exposed? Will you just pretend guys like me, and all the other people who aren't suckered into group-think lead by truly evil people, weren't right once again? You guys still refuse to admit you got played for suckers with the Russia collusion hoax. How sad that is. Yet you panties are in a bunch about a stupid phone call.

    How many here are actually swayed the other way when they heard that many countries wanted Shokin out? The gullible chumps hear it and immediately think he's corrupt. When I heard it, I immediately thought he must be making things uncomfortable for them. Just like he was for Hunter and Joe. And when I hear that 50+% of Americans believe something stupid and wrong, I immediately think the media and propaganda machine must be working overtime to protect something really evil. Things like the children at the border lies or tax cuts "for the rich" or people supporting single payer or Trump is a Russian asset. And the sad part is, these instincts I have almost always turn out to be correct. But that's because I understand the left much more than they understand themselves.

    Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk
    “Free men do not ask permission to bear arms.”
    -Possibly said by Thomas Jefferson(but true even if he didn't)


    “What one generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace.”
    ― Definitely said by John Wesley

  2. Likes vin lashon liked this post
  3. #1653
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Deep Southeast
    Posts
    8,360
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by garyed View Post
    I'll agree with you on the hate speech but when it comes to religion it's the Republicans who defy the 1st amendment. Prayer in school, prayer in town council meetings all violate the 1st amendment.
    I'll agree with you on the 2nd amendment too but Trump's authoritarian ban on bump stocks is to me a bigger threat to the 2nd amendment than anything the Dems have done yet. At least the Dems try to enact laws that they can't get passed but Trump just waves his hand & it's done.
    You mean a return to how it used to be, including in the times of the "forefathers"?

    I find it incredible that, after 200 years, the Dems have stumbled upon the proper interpretation of the constitution and presented (again, after 200 years) the real concept of "morality".

    Let's examine that 'new morality':

    • Kick God to the curb (btw, the Separation of Church and State was meant to protect the Church from the State, not the State from the Church).
    • gay marriage
    • gay rights
    • transsexual rights
    • transsexual rights to use any bathroom the please
    • the right for child to have a sex change without parental consent
    • Abortion (including for minors without parental consent or knowledge)


    These are just a few of the "moral imperatives" that the Dems have imposed.

    That's ok...I'm sure they're right about everything else.

    OK, I'm rambling now. But the point is that the Dems have pulled the wool over the eyes of a lot of people. I believe that's happening in all aspects of Dem priorities, including "How To Get Rid Of A Sitting President You Detest".

    Shouldn't the sense of "morality" they've managed to impose upon us tell us something foundational about Liberalism?

  4. #1654
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    napping on the couch
    Posts
    13,232
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by vin lashon View Post
    If you want to forget about the Constitution, you're with the right party. Not sure how you've missed what's going on. Just look at the universities (where these things often begin). They want to apply the 1st Amendment selectively. It doesn't apply to anything they deem as "hate speech". And, while they're working on the first, they're chipping away at religious freedom too. Being multi-taskers, the 2nd is also on their radar, but their allies (Dems and MsM) are leading that charge.

    We have a lot to lose with the Dems moving farther and farther left.

    It's no wonder the Dems want to kick God to the curb (and have in many ways). Ironically, their Agenda is encompassed by a passage in the book they'd like to burn: Isaiah 5:20

    I long for the days when the Dems provided balance in our "checks and balances" system. Long gone.
    Very good post vin.

    And I'll quote Isaiah 5:20 because I'm sure Gary won't click it and read it.

    "Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil;
    Who substitute darkness for light and light for darkness;
    Who substitute bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter!"

    Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk
    “Free men do not ask permission to bear arms.”
    -Possibly said by Thomas Jefferson(but true even if he didn't)


    “What one generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace.”
    ― Definitely said by John Wesley

  5. Likes vin lashon liked this post
  6. #1655
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    7,018
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian8383 View Post
    Very good post vin.

    And I'll quote Isaiah 5:20 because I'm sure Gary won't click it and read it.

    "Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil;
    Who substitute darkness for light and light for darkness;
    Who substitute bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter!"

    Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk
    It sounds like there were Trump supporters back in Isaiah's time. Maybe he could see in the future & he was warning us about Trump.
    Gary
    -----------
    http://www.oceanhvac.com
    The best things in life are free but not everyone is willing to pay the price.

  7. #1656
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    27,009
    Post Likes
    The democrats should say:

    Although President Trump is quite clearly guilty of crimes, misdemeanors, and as everyone agrees: constant lying about every possible thing - in the in best interest of Americans, and of America herself, we are laying our impeachment efforts to rest. However, we do not abandon our pursuit of Justice - rather; we are going to allow the you; The American People, to decide for yourselves on Election Day. We understand that The American People, in their overwhelming power and justified rage in regard to this presidential travesty - will never again elect such a corrupt and criminality laced person to Our Presidency ever again.

    I doubt that it would work - but it would still be their best move politically.

    Just absolutely Convict President Trump in the media; case-closed. Then move on - and get back to pretending that they care about about America and Americans so they can win back the Presidency.

    Trump plays a very long game - he always has. So; so long as the democrats rant; hanging themselves in public opinion, the less time they have to form an effective platform or form a cohesive effort towards winning an election. And the more they become known public figures the more opportunities to label them with catchy derogatory names.

    I am just some; lives in a small town, doesn't really give a shet, dumass - and that all seems pretty obvious to me. How can the democrats be missing it?


    PHM
    --------


    Quote Originally Posted by BBeerme View Post
    Yeah, it would be in the best interest of the dims to end this quickly. All they have to do is say something like:

    Although there are impeachable offenses, we have not been able to gather the hard evidence we need to take it to trial.

    That being said, I haven't heard any impeachable offenses yet. At least not if you compare what Trump said/did to what politicians and former Presidents do/have done on a regular basis.
    PHM
    --------
    The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking.

  8. #1657
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    7,018
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Poodle Head Mikey View Post
    The democrats should say:

    Although President Trump is quite clearly guilty of crimes, misdemeanors, and as everyone agrees: constant lying about every possible thing - in the in best interest of Americans, and of America herself, we are laying our impeachment efforts to rest. However, we do not abandon our pursuit of Justice - rather; we are going to allow the you; The American People, to decide for yourselves on Election Day. We understand that The American People, in their overwhelming power and justified rage in regard to this presidential travesty - will never again elect such a corrupt and criminality laced person to Our Presidency ever again.

    I doubt that it would work - but it would still be their best move politically.

    Just absolutely Convict President Trump in the media; case-closed. Then move on - and get back to pretending that they care about about America and Americans so they can win back the Presidency.

    Trump plays a very long game - he always has. So; so long as the democrats rant; hanging themselves in public opinion, the less time they have to form an effective platform or form a cohesive effort towards winning an election. And the more they become known public figures the more opportunities to label them with catchy derogatory names.

    I am just some; lives in a small town, doesn't really give a shet, dumass - and that all seems pretty obvious to me. How can the democrats be missing it?


    PHM
    --------
    I agree with you 100% Mikey. The Democrats would have done better to make this a public opinion war instead of a political war. Not only can't they win the political war, they also turned people who believe Trump is guilty of the accusations against them.
    Gary
    -----------
    http://www.oceanhvac.com
    The best things in life are free but not everyone is willing to pay the price.

  9. #1658
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Deep Southeast
    Posts
    8,360
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by garyed View Post
    I agree with you 100% Mikey. The Democrats would have done better to make this a public opinion war instead of a political war. Not only can't they win the political war, they also turned people who believe Trump is guilty of the accusations against them.
    One man's war is another man's lynching.

  10. #1659
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    14,762
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by garyed View Post
    I just I see it completely different because if Biden wasn't running for office again, I don't think he would have ever been mentioned in the call.
    Always comes back to Biden for you.
    Ok... He mentioned Biden... What's the big deal.. How about if he mentioned some guy you never heard of?



    Sent from LG Stylo 4 using Tapatalk
    ...

  11. #1660
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    14,762
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by garyed View Post
    While I agree there has been nothing first hand connecting Trump to the holding back of aid for political or personal gain, there has sure been plenty of credible second hand information that leads to a logical conclusion that he did so. I'm not saying that is enough to convict as a matter of fact I think it is definitely not, but it sure is enough to have reason to believe Trump is guilty of doing so. If I were on the jury, I would vote Trump "not guilty" at this point, even though i still believe he is guilty. I might however vote Trump guilty of obstruction if that was one of the charges.
    Obstruction for what?



    Sent from LG Stylo 4 using Tapatalk
    ...

  12. #1661
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    14,762
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by garyed View Post
    Hillary may not be my choice for president but I don't think she could be worse than Trump. I do blame the Democrats for setting the stage for allowing Trump to take over the country & run it like a monarchy.
    Just forget about the Constitution & let the Trump dynasty rule the land while his supporters concern themselves about the Biden's.
    How would Hillary have been better?




    Sent from LG Stylo 4 using Tapatalk
    ...

  13. #1662
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    napping on the couch
    Posts
    13,232
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by garyed View Post
    I'll agree with you on the hate speech but when it comes to religion it's the Republicans who defy the 1st amendment. Prayer in school, prayer in town council meetings all violate the 1st amendment.
    I'll agree with you on the 2nd amendment too but Trump's authoritarian ban on bump stocks is to me a bigger threat to the 2nd amendment than anything the Dems have done yet. At least the Dems try to enact laws that they can't get passed but Trump just waves his hand & it's done.
    How is prayer at a town hall violate this:

    " Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

    No federal law is passed when a prayer happens which forced it to happen. No one is forcing you to participate in what some in attendance participate in. But most importantly is the highlighted part. Isn't that exactly what your side is doing by denying people the right to pray? Seriously read those words and think about it. You are doing exactly what it says you can't do. It can't be more clear. Literally. It can't spell it out more clearly.

    Congress can't pass laws forcing religion(they aren't) and they can't deny anyone the free exercise of religion(they are). Funny part is, I wonder if congress recited prayers before they debated the 1st amendment. And by the very men who supported the 1st amendment. I'd bet a steak dinner they did Gary.

    Do you know why the Bill Of Rights was passed, Gary? It was passed to provide state and individual rights due to protests of men like Patrick Henry and other antifederalists. They believed(rightly so) the Constitution gave too much power to the federal government. The 1st amendment was drafted(along with the other 9) to give power to the states and individuals and to prevent the federal government from control of these matters. That includes if a state wants to allow prayer before a city console meeting. It was meant to keep the federal government out of these matters and leave them up to the states and the the individuals. And despite court rulings implying the opposite, this fact is not debatable. The Constitution would not have been ratified if not for these guarantees limiting the power of the Federal Government.

    Yet despite the non debatable reason behind the Bill Of Rights, liberals find ways to actually use the federal government to chip away those rights that were supposed to guarantee the federal government couldn't step into these matters. It's actually insane of you really think about it. What the federal government is doing, is exactly what the Bill Of Rights says it can't do and what it tried to protect the states and individuals from. The founders understood the evil that comes from centralized power run by a handful of men.

    "Congress shall make no law" is pretty clear. And federally outlawing payer at public events does exactly that. If the libs in Massachusetts and California want to outlaw prayer at city counsel meeting and school.... have at it. But preventing Washington from ruling over these matters is exactly what the Bill Of Rights is all about.

    Really think about it Gary. The 1st amendment is supposed to prevent what a handful of men in a centralized role of power did. And they perverted its meaning to justify it. Learn why the Bill of Rights was passed. The reasons behind it. If you do educate yourself on it, the insanity of Washington doing what it did to prayer and religion will become clear as day. The founders were right fearing the perversion of centralized power. Too bad so many people don't understand the timeless wisdom in that.



    Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk
    “Free men do not ask permission to bear arms.”
    -Possibly said by Thomas Jefferson(but true even if he didn't)


    “What one generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace.”
    ― Definitely said by John Wesley

  14. #1663
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    napping on the couch
    Posts
    13,232
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by garyed View Post
    It sounds like there were Trump supporters back in Isaiah's time. Maybe he could see in the future & he was warning us about Trump.
    It's called philosophy Gary. And like the wisdom of the founders, it is timeless. It will apply to the the President and Washington's ruling class in the year 3020 the same as it applies today.

    That is if you guys don't destroy America before that.

    Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk
    “Free men do not ask permission to bear arms.”
    -Possibly said by Thomas Jefferson(but true even if he didn't)


    “What one generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace.”
    ― Definitely said by John Wesley

  15. #1664
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    4,430
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by garyed View Post
    Trump is my president & his actions effect the whole country, so why would I not care more about his actions than some ex VP?
    You say I'm being played for a chump but, i don't need the Democrats to convince me that Trump is a bad president & bad for the country. I think the Democrats are the chumps for helping Trump get reelected & the Republicans are chumps for believing Trump's BS & that he is good for the country.
    How about because he is running for president? Are you really all this dense? The exVP wants to be president and you don't care if he is corrupt.
    "No matter how thirsty your imagination, mirages contain no water"

Page 128 of 267 FirstFirst ... 2878118121122123124125126127128129130131132133134135138178228 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •