Page 152 of 231 FirstFirst ... 52102142145146147148149150151152153154155156157158159162202 ... LastLast
Results 1,964 to 1,976 of 2993

Thread: Impeachment

  1. #1964
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Deep Southeast
    Posts
    8,243
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by vin lashon View Post
    Canada's Bill C-16

    We have something similar that the Left wants to push through (so you know it's Leftist tripe). It's called the "Equality Act". Seems to be basically the same idiocy.
    Here's an article that elaborates a bit on Bill C_16. It also warns that it's coming to America and, in fact, NYC already has legislation in place. It's insanity, right? To be fined or imprisoned because you call a trannie who is obviously male 'he'. I personally don't recommend offending people by intentionally calling them something they don't want to be called, but really? Legislation?

    Didn't we learn something about this when we were in elementary school, when someone called us names and we ran home to mommy, who told us to suck it up, that people's words don't define us? Apparently, this lesson (as with so many others) is completely lost on the Left. This should go in the 'insane Liberal Ideas' thread. And, indeed, one has to question the sanity of the Left.

    The article:

    Canadian gender-neutral pronoun bill is a warning for Americans

    Excerpt:

    If you are wondering, reasonably, why any of this might be relevant to Americans, you might note that legislation very similar to Bill C-16 has already been passed in New York City.

    Authorities there now fine citizens up to $250,000 for the novel crime of “mis-gendering” — referring to people by any words other than their pronouns of choice (including newly constructed words such as zie/hir, ey/em/eir and co).


  2. Likes Fender60 liked this post
  3. #1965
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Posts
    21,002
    Post Likes
    There are a few on this forum who’s mommy never told them to just suck it up.

    MODDY!!! MODDY!!! Lol

  4. #1966
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    2,010
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by vin lashon View Post
    Here's an article that elaborates a bit on Bill C_16. It also warns that it's coming to America and, in fact, NYC already has legislation in place. It's insanity, right? To be fined or imprisoned because you call a trannie who is obviously male 'he'. I personally don't recommend offending people by intentionally calling them something they don't want to be called, but really? Legislation?

    Didn't we learn something about this when we were in elementary school, when someone called us names and we ran home to mommy, who told us to suck it up, that people's words don't define us? Apparently, this lesson (as with so many others) is completely lost on the Left. This should go in the 'insane Liberal Ideas' thread. And, indeed, one has to question the sanity of the Left.

    The article:

    Canadian gender-neutral pronoun bill is a warning for Americans

    Excerpt:

    If you are wondering, reasonably, why any of this might be relevant to Americans, you might note that legislation very similar to Bill C-16 has already been passed in New York City.

    Authorities there now fine citizens up to $250,000 for the novel crime of “mis-gendering” — referring to people by any words other than their pronouns of choice (including newly constructed words such as zie/hir, ey/em/eir and co).

    Let me sum up in one sentence human rights and free speech in Canada for you, as there appears to be some confusion. You can do and say anything you want, just don't be a ****.

    Edit: why is my speech being censored with ****. I guess you guys aren't so free after all.

    Here is what it says in detail:

    1) Keep your discussions civil and watch the name calling. If you feel yourself getting mad, back away until you cool off. We encourage debate and discussion, but it must be kept within reasonable standards.

    2) Racial or sexual slurs in any way, shape, or form are strictly prohibited.

    3) Art must be tasteful. Any pictures that are considered racial or social slurs are prohibited and are subject to removal from a public place without notice.

    4) Language. This is not a ice hockey locker room, foul language or dirty comments will not be tolerated in Canada. Language that is inappropriate may cause your mouth to be washed out with soap. Inappropriate comments concerning a persons spouse, children, family members, etc. are strictly prohibited and will earn you a date in court.


    ... See, we're not so different after all.
    Last edited by Lahrs; 12-11-2019 at 12:15 AM.

  5. #1967
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    2,010
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by vin lashon View Post
    Yes, you could become a pumpkin. But expect jail time if you call that pumpkin a squash.
    Still laughing hours later after reading that. Thanks.

  6. Likes Fender60, vin lashon liked this post
  7. #1968
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Florida Panhandle
    Posts
    6,775
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by netsalt View Post
    Congressional oversight is oversight by the United States Congress over the Executive Branch, including the numerous U.S. federal agencies. Congressional oversight includes the review, monitoring, and supervision of federal agencies, programs, activities, and policy implementation.

    Why does Trump feel he is above the law?

    What law ??

    O by the way, I have been meaning to ask you.... Are you a socialist ??

    Roy
    A man is no less a slave because he is allowed to choose a new master once in a term of years.
    Lysander Spooner

  8. Likes Fender60 liked this post
  9. #1969
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Florida Panhandle
    Posts
    6,775
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BBeerme View Post
    Forgive me for the late response. Been under the weather for the past few days. But to answer your question, here is a simple reply from a Google search:

    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free...eech_in_Canada

    Seems I remember a few years ago someone (an American?) exercising their right to free speech in Canada, and got sent to jail or prison. This is what we hear about south of your boarder.
    Canada is not a free country, its owned and controlled by the Queen, and she wont allow free speech ever.

    Roy
    A man is no less a slave because he is allowed to choose a new master once in a term of years.
    Lysander Spooner

  10. #1970
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Woburn, MA
    Posts
    8,984
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian8383 View Post
    Hey, also.... What happened to quid pro quo which fell apart then moved to bribery.
    I'm trying to stay out of this precisely because we've apparently descended to a new form of logic of which I'm not familiar, and if I understand correctly, have no wish to be part of a such frothing-at-the-mouth philosophy, but Brian, my friend; bribery IS quid pro quo. What the F dictionary are you using bro?

    I used to think you were a moderate here. Now I see more clearly. I'm sorry, but this is nothing but partisan blathering BS.

    I am disappointed. I expected more from you.
    "Most people would sooner die than think; in fact, they do so." ― Bertrand Russell

  11. #1971
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    napping on the couch
    Posts
    13,202
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by scrogdog View Post
    I'm trying to stay out of this precisely because we've apparently descended to a new form of logic of which I'm not familiar, and if I understand correctly, have no wish to be part of a such frothing-at-the-mouth philosophy, but Brian, my friend; bribery IS quid pro quo. What the F dictionary are you using bro?

    I used to think you were a moderate here. Now I see more clearly. I'm sorry, but this is nothing but partisan blathering BS.

    I am disappointed. I expected more from you.
    I was referring to the rhetoric used by the left. It's all a game and manipulation. It's focus grouped words. It's has nothing to with whether or not Trump did anything wrong. It's about(ironically enough) using the power of government to win the next election.

    Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk
    “Free men do not ask permission to bear arms.”
    -Possibly said by Thomas Jefferson(but true even if he didn't)


    “What one generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace.”
    ― Definitely said by John Wesley

  12. #1972
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    napping on the couch
    Posts
    13,202
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahrs View Post
    Let me sum up in one sentence human rights and free speech in Canada for you, as there appears to be some confusion. You can do and say anything you want, just don't be a ****.

    Edit: why is my speech being censored with ****. I guess you guys aren't so free after all.

    Here is what it says in detail:

    1) Keep your discussions civil and watch the name calling. If you feel yourself getting mad, back away until you cool off. We encourage debate and discussion, but it must be kept within reasonable standards.

    2) Racial or sexual slurs in any way, shape, or form are strictly prohibited.

    3) Art must be tasteful. Any pictures that are considered racial or social slurs are prohibited and are subject to removal from a public place without notice.

    4) Language. This is not a ice hockey locker room, foul language or dirty comments will not be tolerated in Canada. Language that is inappropriate may cause your mouth to be washed out with soap. Inappropriate comments concerning a persons spouse, children, family members, etc. are strictly prohibited and will earn you a date in court.


    ... See, we're not so different after all.
    ARP isn't the government. These guys can do what they want. Government can't. Or at least they're not supposed to be able to.

    Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk
    “Free men do not ask permission to bear arms.”
    -Possibly said by Thomas Jefferson(but true even if he didn't)


    “What one generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace.”
    ― Definitely said by John Wesley

  13. #1973
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Losantiville
    Posts
    4,775
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by royc View Post
    What law ??

    O by the way, I have been meaning to ask you.... Are you a socialist ??

    Roy
    The laws of the United States of America as written by Congress and interpreted by the Supreme Court.

    No I am not a socialist, just a somewhat successful capitalist in the wealthiest nation on earth. I just think that in a nation as blessed with material wealth as we are we can do a much better job of looking out for the other guy as opposed to what is best for the wallets of the 1 percent.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you in trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.

  14. #1974
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Dacula, GA
    Posts
    20,114
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by netsalt View Post
    The laws of the United States of America as written by Congress and interpreted by the Supreme Court.

    No I am not a socialist, just a somewhat successful capitalist in the wealthiest nation on earth. I just think that in a nation as blessed with material wealth as we are we can do a much better job of looking out for the other guy as opposed to what is best for the wallets of the 1 percent.
    So salty when is the SC going to say Trump broke a law because the hate Trump socialists and communist Democrats )friends say he did but can't show that he did. Gees stop being s hater. Thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."

    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Sen. Barry Goldwater

  15. #1975
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Losantiville
    Posts
    4,775
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    So salty when is the SC going to say Trump broke a law because the hate Trump socialists and communist Democrats )friends say he did but can't show that he did. Gees stop being s hater. Thank you very much
    The House will probably vote to impeach. The Senate will have a sham trial and the Mango Mussolini gets away with it.

    The Supreme Court will probably not be involved.

    Civics, legal procedure, rule of law. You know........all those things getting in the way of Trump being the greatest, bestest, most magnificent leader ever.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you in trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.

  16. #1976
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Deep Southeast
    Posts
    8,243
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by netsalt View Post
    The laws of the United States of America as written by Congress and interpreted by the Supreme Court.

    No I am not a socialist, just a somewhat successful capitalist in the wealthiest nation on earth. I just think that in a nation as blessed with material wealth as we are we can do a much better job of looking out for the other guy as opposed to what is best for the wallets of the 1 percent.
    And therein lies a major disagreement...how to help the other guy. You on the Left believe that 'way' is to take from others and give to the less fortunate, disabled and deadbeats.

    We on the right believe that you serve a man best by teaching him to 'fish', so that he may provide for himself. There's a reason birds push their young out of the nest.

Page 152 of 231 FirstFirst ... 52102142145146147148149150151152153154155156157158159162202 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •