Page 143 of 229 FirstFirst ... 4393133136137138139140141142143144145146147148149150153193 ... LastLast
Results 1,847 to 1,859 of 2977

Thread: Impeachment

Post Likes
    It's comical that the Impeachment Inquiry's latest witnesses contributed to the Obama campaign and the Hillary campaign. The Dems have no idea of what the term 'objective' means.

This is a video Mo Man posted earlier...excellent. 30 secs or so in is where the questions about contributions begin. If you haven't watched this, it's well worth watching the whole thing. It's about 5 mins long:

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by vin lashon View Post
    Do they call themselves Chaldeans? I thought that culture died out?
    Yes, they certainly do...and they are very tight knit community. All their children usually attend Catholic schools, and the families all know each other from church.

Metro Detroit has the largest population in the world with approximately 121,000 Chaldeans/Assyrians compared to 150,000 in the rest of the US, mostly in small pockets in Chicago, San Diego & Phoenix.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by coolwhip View Post
    Yes, they certainly do...and they are very tight knit community. All their children usually attend Catholic schools, and the families all know each other from church.

Metro Detroit has the largest population in the world with approximately 121,000 Chaldeans/Assyrians compared to 150,000 in the rest of the US, mostly in small pockets in Chicago, San Diego & Phoenix.
    I just DDG'd "modern day chaldeans" and there it is. Although they're technically the ancestors' of the ancient Chaldeans. They were pretty bad ess. God used them to correct Israel on more than one occasion.

Interesting. You learn something new every day.

Post Likes
    I’m not from here. I’m just stuck here.

Post Likes
    Stuck again, huh? How many times do I need to tell you to stay out of the sewer?

Name:  stuck.jpg
Views: 43
Size:  13.9 KB

Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post
    I’m not from here. I’m just stuck here.
    If you were a real tech, you'd solder a relay on that board and call it good to go.

I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

I use 56% silver on everything except steel.

Did you really need the " If you were a real tech " ??

Post Likes
    Did you take that photo?

Quote Originally Posted by BBeerme View Post
    Stuck again, huh? How many times do I need to tell you to stay out of the sewer?

Name:  stuck.jpg
Views: 43
Size:  13.9 KB

Post Likes
    White House slams House Judiciary impeachment effort as 'reckless abuse of power'

Excerpt:

The White House blasted House Judiciary Committee Chairman Jerrold Nadler Friday for running a “completely baseless” impeachment inquiry, signaling that President Trump won’t participate in new hearings next week.

In a letter to Mr. Nadler, White House Counsel Pat Cipollone said drafting articles of impeachment against Mr. Trump would be a “reckless abuse of power.” He said the impeachment probe “has violated basic principles of due process and fundamental fairness,” and criticized House Speaker Nancy Pelosi for ordering Democrats to proceed with articles of impeachment “before your committee has heard a single shred of evidence.”

And from another article:

"As you know, your impeachment inquiry is completely baseless and has violated basic principles of due process and fundamental fairness," he wrote. "Nevertheless, the Speaker of the House yesterday ordered House Democrats to proceed with articles of impeachment before your Committee has heard a single shred of evidence.”

A senior administration official, though, made it clear they won't be participating, telling Fox News: "We don’t see any reason to participate because the process is unfair. Speaker (Nancy) Pelosi has already announced the predetermined result. They will not give us the ability to call any witnesses.”

Post Likes
    Yeah, I flew to TN and back today. And ran calls at the same time in CA. That's how good I am. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by vin lashon View Post
    Did you take that photo?
    If you were a real tech, you'd solder a relay on that board and call it good to go.

Post Likes
    I think it's a given that the house will vote to impeach Trump, even though there have been no crimes or a vote. And no evidence.

So, what do y'all think the Senate will do? Just dismiss? Or call witnesses to show how lame the House was in their "investigation"?

Biden has already stated he will not show up if subpoenaed. I'm guessing Shift for brains wouldn't either. Or Eric the whistle blower.

Seems like it would be pretty easy for the Senate to simply say that since the House is committing obstruction of justice, by necessity we need to dismiss these so called impeachment proceedings.

What y'all think ?

Post Likes
    They could tear a page out of the Dem book and prosecute Schiff for obstruction. That wouldn't break my heart.

Post Likes
    They could... but will they.
    Powers in play here that are beyond what we see...

Dare I say.... illuminatrix. Monster from Jekyll and Hyde island ???

Agender...( that’s how they say agenda here )

Damn backwoods tubes..

But... Agender 47b ???

Post Likes
    When you look down range at the target - where do you aim?

Anybody will tell you: the bulls eye. And why? Because that is what the target is all about - all the rest of it is only there to let you gauge how poor a shot you are.

Of course you may never consistently hit the bulls eye. But only a damned fool would aim for any other place on the target. I think we can all agree with that.

When a loser can't beat a winner - and accept with grace that he is not as good at the thing as is the winner - the goal of the contest has to be changed. <g>

PHM
    ---------

Quote Originally Posted by BNME8EZ View Post
    Forgive me if I take this off topic a bit except I do believe that it is part of the reason for the Trump impeachment.

When did our country become fine with mediocrity? When did we decide that we didn't need/want/expect the best? I have seen several articles that while they do not talk of it directly it is still hidden in the back ground. One was about the Peloton ad outrage about the fit looking woman in the affluent looking house getting a Peloton for Christmas. Others had to do with the plus sized models, the end of the bikini body, and the football playoff picture with a non-winning 6/7 team being a #4 seed to mention a few.

The point is that we are now to accept as normal anything other than the best as adequate. A nice home is not to be sought, losing teams can make the playoffs, overweight people can be happy with their size even though it may be killing them.

So how does this play into Trump? MAGA! Trump is not satisfied with mediocre, he wants better, he wants the best. But who has been telling us that all teams should get a trophy, that we no longer need Valedictorians, that people should be proud even though they weigh 300+ lb. The standards that had stood the test of time have been thrown aside and rather than people being proud they achieved a standard they can now be happy that none of that matters and you no longer have the stress of knowing your job, or trying for straight A's, or winning the championship, or maintaining a healthy height to weight ratio. Is it not the left that has thrust this upon us, so we can all be accepted even if we have no acceptable qualities. Was it not the striving for something better that made this country great, and when better was no longer good enough striving to be the best. It was an unsaid truth that not everyone could be the best, we all knew this but it didn't matter. Even if we never made it to the top we knew we were better than we were before because of trying to be the best.

Look at most of the people on this site. The do not come here to be below average or even average. They come to gain the knowledge and understanding of industry practices to be the best. This shows the desire is still alive, the gym memberships show the desire is still alive, the teams with very few loses show the desire is still alive, the people building new houses show the desire is still alive, people wearing Trumps red MAGA hat show the desire is still alive. As long as that desire is alive Trump has to go because he will not settle for less.

And now back to Nadler, Schiff, and Pelosi.
    PHM
    --------
    The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking.

Post Likes
    Hmmm... a while back... we were talking about foreigners laughing at Trump and the USA...

Here is an interesting perspective on that subject:

https://mailchi.mp/gingrich360/presi...o?e=8ba8df2c60
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Your comfort, Your way, Everyday!

GA's basic rules of home heating and AC upgrades:
    *Installation is more important than the brand of equipment
    *The duct system keeps the house comfortable; the equipment only heats and cools (and dehumidifies)
    *Cheap is not good, good is not cheap; however expensive is not a guarantee of quality!
    Choose your contractor wisely!

14. Likes Achso017 liked this post
Page 143 of 229 FirstFirst ... 4393133136137138139140141142143144145146147148149150153193 ... LastLast