Page 142 of 228 FirstFirst ... 4292132135136137138139140141142143144145146147148149152192 ... LastLast
Results 1,834 to 1,846 of 2960

Thread: Impeachment

Post Likes
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards" ~ Vernon Law

"Skilled Labor Isn't Cheap, Cheap Labor Isn't Skilled" ~ Unknown

"When the teachers become unteachable we're all in trouble"

"It's what you learn after you know it all that counts." ~ John Wooden

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh B View Post
    The left needs no documentation. The left operates on feelings, unsubstantiated claims and accusations. It even works to remove a president from office.
    Yes... appealing to ones emotions, rather than applying proven principles that work...
    Is the calling card of the left/DIMS...
    And it has worked... mostly because of weak minded folks... voters.

Currently, IMO, times are in favor of the right... facts and truth (absolute truths)...
    We will see how this plays out!

What GA will find amusing:
    After the holidays...
    The Senate has opened up the whole month of January to hear the impeachment case...
    Some would say that is bad news...
    Quite the contrary!
    The Senate can call ANY witness, put them under oath, and ask they ANY question...
    The Senate could, if they wanted to, call Jimmy Carter and ask him why he toppled the Shah of Iran in 1979...
    So what one says...
    AG Barr and John Durham have mostly concluded their investigation of the DIMS...

Does anyone really think the information collected will not be used in that Senate trial???

Really now...
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Your comfort, Your way, Everyday!

GA's basic rules of home heating and AC upgrades:
    *Installation is more important than the brand of equipment
    *The duct system keeps the house comfortable; the equipment only heats and cools (and dehumidifies)
    *Cheap is not good, good is not cheap; however expensive is not a guarantee of quality!
    Choose your contractor wisely!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by davidadavis View Post
    Funny the countries you mentioned. If you remember in my first post I specifically mentioned Australia, and in my experience it is the one country where Trumps support is higher than Trump support in the US. Second would be Germanic countries. As for Hong Kong... maybe, I don't have many friends in Asia, but they could like what Trump is doing regarding CN/HK without supporting him overall.
    At the end of every phone call to my Dad in Oz he says, "Go Trump". I'm a little removed from Australian politics, having left the country fulltime a decade ago, but from what I gather from friends and family, there is a growing resentment for high taxes, immigration, social policies etc. Similar to North America in alot of ways.

I do take issue with Americans thinking everyone wants to move there or sees them as the pinnacle of success. N =1, I would never live in the US as it stands today. No doubt you'll all jump on me for that opinion, claiming I'm MSM brainwashed. Yet, it is primarily based on real world experience and the very words and complaints of the ARP Right, from which I get the majority of my US news.

As example, whenever my wife visits her parents in the US, I pray she returns safe. By extension, I couldn't imagine sending my kids to school every day down there due to the frequency of gun violence. The US homicide statistics are horrific. I'm not interested in debating the reasons for it, just the reality of dealing with what is.

But most concerning is the division of the people. The way in which the lot of you discuss topics in ARP, complete contempt and even hatred for opposing views, is alarming. There seems little interest in civility or embracing productive debate. Just self righteous indignation.

So no, not everyone wants to move to the US. Or sees it as successful, depending on how you measure it anyway. I for one don't mock the US, there is much I love about it!!! But I am a concerned neighbour.

4. Likes davidadavis liked this post
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by davidadavis View Post
    You of all people asking for documentation is downright laughable

But I had said that I would write more later, and still plan to after the day is over.
    Yeah but we will have to "fact check your "documentation" unlike what the FBI did on the Trump dossier or the commie Dems. Everything coming from "liberals" needs to be checked closely nowadays with the TDS going off the charts. Gees. Thank you, thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."

"I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Sen. Barry Goldwater

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    Obviously... there is a NEED for documentation...
    You never give any dude...

Post Likes
    Forgive me if I take this off topic a bit except I do believe that it is part of the reason for the Trump impeachment.

When did our country become fine with mediocrity? When did we decide that we didn't need/want/expect the best? I have seen several articles that while they do not talk of it directly it is still hidden in the back ground. One was about the Peloton ad outrage about the fit looking woman in the affluent looking house getting a Peloton for Christmas. Others had to do with the plus sized models, the end of the bikini body, and the football playoff picture with a non-winning 6/7 team being a #4 seed to mention a few.

The point is that we are now to accept as normal anything other than the best as adequate. A nice home is not to be sought, losing teams can make the playoffs, overweight people can be happy with their size even though it may be killing them.

So how does this play into Trump? MAGA! Trump is not satisfied with mediocre, he wants better, he wants the best. But who has been telling us that all teams should get a trophy, that we no longer need Valedictorians, that people should be proud even though they weigh 300+ lb. The standards that had stood the test of time have been thrown aside and rather than people being proud they achieved a standard they can now be happy that none of that matters and you no longer have the stress of knowing your job, or trying for straight A's, or winning the championship, or maintaining a healthy height to weight ratio. Is it not the left that has thrust this upon us, so we can all be accepted even if we have no acceptable qualities. Was it not the striving for something better that made this country great, and when better was no longer good enough striving to be the best. It was an unsaid truth that not everyone could be the best, we all knew this but it didn't matter. Even if we never made it to the top we knew we were better than we were before because of trying to be the best.

Look at most of the people on this site. The do not come here to be below average or even average. They come to gain the knowledge and understanding of industry practices to be the best. This shows the desire is still alive, the gym memberships show the desire is still alive, the teams with very few loses show the desire is still alive, the people building new houses show the desire is still alive, people wearing Trumps red MAGA hat show the desire is still alive. As long as that desire is alive Trump has to go because he will not settle for less.

And now back to Nadler, Schiff, and Pelosi.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by coolwhip View Post
    I talk to foreigners...all the Chaldeans I know love Trump. The relatives I have in Germany, Poland, and Austria love Trump. I know many Australians that love Trump and wish they had a leader like him. I also know folks in England that love Trump, and Im sure the folks in Hong Kong love Trump.

This is why I think its total liberal bias BS that leaders are making fun of him...and if they are, they're rat bastards just like the democrats here with TDS.
    Wait...you actually know some modern day Chaldeans?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by vin lashon View Post
    Of course man...there are thousands that live around here. They own all the gas stations, party stores, and many bars.
    Their ancestry is from Iraq, and they are Christians...Catholics.

Post Likes
    I'm not sure what my brain saw; Chileans I guess. <g>

What is a Chaldean ?

PHM
    -------

Quote Originally Posted by vin lashon View Post
    PHM
    --------
    The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Poodle Head Mikey View Post
    I'm not sure what my brain saw; Chileans I guess. <g>

What is a Chaldean ?

PHM
    -------
    A culture that existed between 10 or 9BC and were gone by A.D. You can read a lot about them in the Bible. Here's a DDG link:

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=Chaldeans+...b=v49-1&ia=web

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by coolwhip View Post
    Of course man...there are thousands that live around here. They own all the gas stations, party stores, and many bars.
    Their ancestry is from Iraq, and they are Christians...Catholics.
    Do they call themselves Chaldeans? I thought that culture died out?

Post Likes
    You remind me that just a few hours ago (speaking of foreigners) I met a stunningly beautiful woman named Noor. I knew that her name means "light" in Arabic so that was my opening to chat. Charming, intelligent, and just strikingly beautiful.
    PHM
    --------
    The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking.

Post Likes
    How to be a rebel in 2020: Get married, Start a family, Don’t do drugs, Go to church.
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards" ~ Vernon Law

"Skilled Labor Isn't Cheap, Cheap Labor Isn't Skilled" ~ Unknown

"When the teachers become unteachable we're all in trouble"

"It's what you learn after you know it all that counts." ~ John Wooden

15. Likes captube liked this post
Page 142 of 228 FirstFirst ... 4292132135136137138139140141142143144145146147148149152192 ... LastLast