Page 90 of 241 FirstFirst ... 4080838485868788899091929394959697100140190 ... LastLast
Results 1,158 to 1,170 of 3122

Thread: Impeachment

Post Likes
    Well I have to admit that so far the case against Trump is pretty weak. Maybe they're just laying the groundwork for next week but I'm not sure if they've reached first base yet let alone crossed home plate.
    Gary
    -----------
    http://www.oceanhvac.com
    The best things in life are free but not everyone is willing to pay the price.

2. Likes vin lashon liked this post
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BNME8EZ View Post
    I hadn't heard the whole story so I was wondering about this.

I assume that the hearing is somewhat closed ie no in/out traffic, no electronics, etc. so I was wondering how she would know Trumps tweeted about her while she was testifying. If Schiff read it out loud then wasn't he disrupting his own inquisition, i mean inquiry. Isn't that against House decorum? How dare he, I am outraged. He interrupted witness tampering, I mean testimony, by his own non elected lawyer to read off social media. This kind of behavior is beyond the pail, not misspelled, I am talking about this sh*t bucket of a process.
    Duh, it's a Televised Open Hearing!
    Retired, after 43 Years

Post Likes
    Here is the tweet
    Nothing intimidating about it... For instance he could say that exact same thing up on the stand.. on TV.. it doesn't matter.
    What we have is.. she obviously was on her phone when should have not been and shared this during the hearing.... had it been presented say tommorow it's no big
    Still works out though...it's show the wig in Ukraine didn't like her so he dumped her deal

Sent from LG Stylo 4 using Tapatalk

5. Likes vin lashon liked this post
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by hvacker View Post
    Ya, OK but rather than being a cheer leader for the team ask what would be, under similar accusations if the accused was Hillary?
    Because the whole world's watching I think most everybody is on their toes as far as procedure goes. This is still a hearing mode.
    The others I remember were similar except Nixon. I didn't follow that hearing close as I had other interests. Everyone's going to have a different reaction depending on whose team they are on. Is there a Democrat reaction that's different? I remember with Clinton on the conservative side was "Hang Him" even the infraction wasn't a crime exactly.
    The Republicans wanted blood.
    The loyal opposition gets their shot. It's only to find out if to proceed or not.
    So is he guilty of:
    This is how I do business
    I never read the Constitution
    I didn't think that Document actually applied anymore
    Rudy said "I'll handle it if anyone asks"
    I might not be as smart as I thought

Does anyone on the con side believe Donald and why? Will y'all at least submit to the possibility he tried to stack the deck or anything?
    Being objective is a rare attribute these days. How about making an exception?
    Function as if you have nothing to loose.
    Hillary has had FAR worse accusations made against her followed up by flimsy excuses. Multiple times in the past. Are you serious about your comment above?

Bringing up Hillary and the "what if she did what Trump is accused of" strengthens the argument from guys like me.

Thanks.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk
    “Free men do not ask permission to bear arms.”
    -Possibly said by Thomas Jefferson(but true even if he didn't)

“What one generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace.”
    ― Definitely said by John Wesley

7. Likes lions_lair liked this post
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian8383 View Post
    Do you not see the damage done to the country with constant harassment of a president over bogus charges? Damage done to the country due to several fishing investigations rooted in lie?

And I meant to answer your question directly yesterday. Typed it out. And must have forgotten to send it.

If Trump was pressuring a foreign country for the sole purpose of digging up dirt in an adversary, then yes.... it should be investigated......
    Brian,
    I'm not sure you understood my question because it was already assumed that Trump was innocent & it was about impeachment not an investigation. I only asked if it was an impeachable offense if any president held up military aid for personal or political gain. Or maybe I misunderstood your answer and your "yes" did mean you thought it would be an impeachable offense but i just wanted to be clear.
    Gary
    -----------
    http://www.oceanhvac.com
    The best things in life are free but not everyone is willing to pay the price.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Missouri Guy View Post
    I think she is poison...just tastes a little better.
    Reading the tweets on her phone during ...it's like she was expecting it..lol
    But to say she felt intimidated is no good...She should have not even mentioned it as it has nothing to do with what she is a 'witness' to.
    Her saying she was intimidated is a bit much..... ideally she shouldn't have read it till after the hearing and then it would have been non issue...I expect she was checking that phone regularly to set up Trump.. knowing how be is.
    He has alot of drive and has anxious issues.. part of what makes him what he is.. it's that personality problem that which has actually benefited us so well for the last three years.
    He has taken on N Korea...China..Mexico.. Russia..bias news and half a Whitehouse that has it in for him.. Anyone else would have just skated their time through for four years having to deal with all that.
    He is the real deal
    Trump 2020
    From the article:

Trump’s comments ignited an outcry from Democrats: Schiff read Trump's anti-Yovanovitch tweet during the hearing, and called it “witness intimidation.”

Yovanovitch told lawmakers, regarding the tweet: "It's very intimidating,"

I took it to mean that Schiff first declared it so (it's not) and "led" Yovanovitch. Also remember that Yovanovitch must have felt dissed, having been removed from her position. IOW, her testimony could be biased due to anger at having been fired.

10. Likes lions_lair liked this post
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by garyed View Post
    Well I have to admit that so far the case against Trump is pretty weak. Maybe they're just laying the groundwork for next week but I'm not sure if they've reached first base yet let alone crossed home plate.
    Zero evidence this far unless something happened today I don't know about.
    They are trying to make something out of nothing...Just like that tweet...he can say it on the stand...on TV.. radio.. there is nothing wrong with the tweet.
    What was she doing on her phone during the hearing anyway. ...and why would she feel intimated.. I mean if that is all it takes to intimidate her she don't need to work an important position as an ambassador anyway.
    Shiff knows it wasn't intimidation....he is a punk

12. Likes lions_lair liked this post
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by hvacker View Post
    TAMPERING WITH A WITNESS. Title 18, U.S.C., Sec. 1512, makes it a Federal crime or offense for anyone to use intimidation or physical force to threaten another person with intent to influence the testimony of a witness in any Court proceeding.

Mr. T in this situation seems to be an intimidator.
    Reading Trump's tweet seems more like a valid question. Do you feel intimidated?
    "OOOOhhh It's going to be real bad for you"
    I agree. Trumps tweets during this are freaking STUPID!!

And to netsalt, I believe a few of us Trump defenders in the Ukraine thing have said the same.

So let's have a little test. Simple direct questions.

Netsalt, is what Biden and son did in Ukraine very wrong?

Netsalt, were the lies told by Schiff during a House intelligence committee hearing about the context of the unreleased call wrong?

Netsalt, is it wrong that the Republicans aren't allowed to question the whistle blower and find out what his motivations are and question his past dubious actions against Trump?

Let's just start with those. I've got hundreds you will never be honest about.

And remember, myself and at least one other Trump "apologist"(whatever) have already said Trumps tweets are idiotic and wrong.

Let's see if you have one honest bone in your body. I'd bet the farm you don't.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by garyed View Post
    Brian,
    I'm not sure you understood my question because it was already assumed that Trump was innocent & it was about impeachment not an investigation. I only asked if it was an impeachable offense if any president held up military aid for personal or political gain. Or maybe I misunderstood your answer and your "yes" did mean you thought it would be an impeachable offense but i just wanted to be clear.
    I answered it. If that was the reason, possibly. Let's look into it. But if some dirt bag Democrat got wrapped up and outed because Trump wants to verify Ukraine will straighten out their act, then no.

How did you excuse what Comey, Stroke and page, McCabe, Comey, Brennan, Clapper, Lynch, likely Obama, Clinton, Nelly and Bruce, Steele, Fusion GPS, etc did for well over a year. I never once heard you support a full and complete investigation into these people. And I certainly never heard you give the opinion that can't be denied..... that they were after Trump and would stop at nothing to get him.

How do you square these inconsistencies in your mind?

BTW, do you know why Obama never supported Ukraine? I'll give you a hint.... It was the exact same reason Trump was concerned about giving billions of our tax money in aid. It was due to their blatant corruption. Joe and son just happened to be deeply involved. Obama arguably did the right thing. And Trump did the right thing trying to get a "read" on the new administration to make sure they were going to try to tackle the problem. Which included 2016 election interference along with Burisma's pay to play with USA politicians.

I thought you guys said election interference and foreign country political influence was your prime motivations for the insanity and divisiveness you put this country through for the last 3 years. Apparently that was another lie of the left. And it's footsoldiers(you among them) dutifully followed their orders and did not ask questions. You turned over every stone to try to nail Trump for these accusations, yet the true corruption is boldly and publicly admitted to by one of the leaders of the Democrat party. But you barely raise and eyebrow.

Just like you never raised an eyebrow over Comey, Brennan, Steele, stroke and page, Nelly and Bruce, etc.

I'm sure you've heard this repeated many times: You want to know what the evil left is up to? Listen to what the accuse the right of.....Maybe there is some truth to that, Gary. Buy yourself a bottle of good Bourbon tonight and ponder that. Seems to always turn out that way in the end doesn't it?

I ask again because I really need to know, how do you square these blatant hypocrisies and double standards in your head?

Post Likes
    I would give my left nut to see Giuliani on the stand testifying. I used to live in New York and was a big fan of his. Now he seems even lower and stupider than the mobsters he used to prosecute. If he ever testifies, he would likely end up in jail along with the other Ukrainians he was working with. Maybe he could share a cell with Manafort , Michael Cohen, and Roger Stone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    I would give your right nut to see Schiff and the whistle blower on the stand. During a real trial. Not this charade of a publicity stunt.

Last I heard, these dims need to wrap it up quickly, because more and more swing voters are turning against the dims.

Quote Originally Posted by newoldtech View Post
    I would give my left nut to see Giuliani on the stand testifying. I used to live in New York and was a big fan of his. Now he seems even lower and stupider than the mobsters he used to prosecute. If he ever testifies, he would likely end up in jail along with the other Ukrainians he was working with. Maybe he could share a cell with Manafort , Michael Cohen, and Roger Stone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If you were a real tech, you'd solder a relay on that board and call it good to go.

I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

I use 56% silver on everything except steel.

Did you really need the " If you were a real tech " ??

Post Likes
    As I mentioned previous, the way I heard it was that she was on the stand, and Schiff read the tweet to her.

She did not have her phone to look at.

Quote Originally Posted by Missouri Guy View Post
    Here is the tweet
    Nothing intimidating about it... For instance he could say that exact same thing up on the stand.. on TV.. it doesn't matter.
    What we have is.. she obviously was on her phone when should have not been and shared this during the hearing.... had it been presented say tommorow it's no big
    Still works out though...it's show the wig in Ukraine didn't like her so he dumped her deal

If you were a real tech, you'd solder a relay on that board and call it good to go.

I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

I use 56% silver on everything except steel.

Did you really need the " If you were a real tech " ??

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by vin lashon View Post
    From the article:

Trump’s comments ignited an outcry from Democrats: Schiff read Trump's anti-Yovanovitch tweet during the hearing, and called it “witness intimidation.”

Yovanovitch told lawmakers, regarding the tweet: "It's very intimidating,"

I took it to mean that Schiff first declared it so (it's not) and "led" Yovanovitch. Also remember that Yovanovitch must have felt dissed, having been removed from her position. IOW, her testimony could be biased due to anger at having been fired.
    Yeah...Shiff knows the tweet is not intimidation..he can say the same thing on the stand... TV..radio..newspaper..Twitter..wait it was Twitter.
    That Shiff needs a good slapping he is such a punk

Page 90 of 241 FirstFirst ... 4080838485868788899091929394959697100140190 ... LastLast