Page 220 of 273 FirstFirst ... 120170210213214215216217218219220221222223224225226227230270 ... LastLast
Results 2,848 to 2,860 of 3549

Thread: Impeachment

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by behappy View Post
    It is ALL about winning seats, the White House and POWER.

To them it is not about the country.....

Trey Gowdy: Trump impeachment trial is not about him.

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/trum...ats-trey-gowdy
    Trey would be the guy that would know all about investigations done purely for political reasons.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you in trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.

Post Likes
    Twiddle Dee & Tweedle Dum(b) appointed to be "Impeachment Managers.

It seems that Pelosi just can't learn from history. Doesn't she know America's (correct) perception of Schiff and Nadler? I guess the Dems are working on losing 2024 as well.

Is there anyone who thinks that Nan actually believes this?:

"I am proud to present the managers who will bring the case which we have great confidence in impeaching the president for his removal," Pelosi, D-Calif., said Wednesday. "The emphasis is on litigators.

Post Likes
    Another Pelosi quote from the above link:

"This is a very serious matter and we take it to heart in a really solemn way," Pelosi said. "It's about the Constitution, it's about the republic if we can keep it and [senators] shouldn’t be frivolous with the Constitution of the United States even though the president of the United States has."

Does she really believe her own rantings?

At any rate, at least it's on track to be finished so that the Dems can move onto witch hunt 3.0 (does anybody doubt there'll be a hunt 3.0?)

Post Likes
    I think they have Hunt 3 and 4 already to implement

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BBeerme View Post
    You forgot to mention that one of the conditions Congress wrote in conditional of those funds was the Ukraine root out corruption.

Trump was trying to just do that.

Now the Leftists are trying to slam him for doing what Congress has mandated. If it wasn't so sad, it would be hilarious.
    Well according to the left... Fighting corruption is corruption if it negativity impacts a Democrat... Therefore makes the Republican corrupt for fighting corruption.

Sent from LG Stylo 4 using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Missouri Guy View Post
    Well according to the left... Fighting corruption is corruption if it negativity impacts a Democrat... Therefore makes the Republican corrupt for fighting corruption.

They sure are doing everything they can to move things backwards. Jeez, just look at the up coming dim candidates.
    I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BBeerme View Post
    They sure are doing everything they can to move things backwards. Jeez, just look at the up coming dim candidates.
    Indeed...like putting boys in the girls room.
    Funding terrorism.
    Giving guns to the cartel.
    Letting our embassies be attacked.
    Run the DNC on private servers.
    Secretary of State private servers ..rather than secure servers already in place.
    Fund Iran.
    Green light for N Korea.
    Set back Russian relations decades
    Set back racial relations decades.
    And so on and so on.

Post Likes
    I don't think the Democrats are dumb or emotional. Or not the bosses anyway. They are calculating: they won some seats - but I think they were somewhat horrified by who won them. Especially the people who cannot even be passed off as representing, or even appealing to, mainstream America.

And looking out a few years - they had / have nothing in the pipeline: nobody who can win against an incumbent president. Biden has always been a bumbling fool. Only the real-money-power in Delaware kept him re-elected. Without Obama needing an old nondescript DC Insider - Biden would still be stumbling along in relative obscurity. The Presidency this time is just a hail-mary effort - but they have to have campaigning-points / sound-bites for the congressional and other lesser efforts candidates.

Just ranting "We have to defeat Trump!" isn't going to cut it - especially out away from the coasts. Most especially in the lesser contests.

PHM
    ---------

Quote Originally Posted by vin lashon View Post
    I don't disagree. However, it wasn't anticipated that it would become the Dem's personal tool to unseat a POTUS they hate. Abuse of Power & Obstruction are fluff "charges" that can be tossed out for almost any reason, and almost anything can be malignantly used to support these charges.

In this case, they wanted to prove bribery and high crimes, but they couldn't. Because there were none. The Dems seem to have convinced themselves that the impeachment was justified, but they really have nothing. If only the Framers could have anticipated today's slimy politics and made provision to prevent attempted coups.

did, they uphold the perception that the Dems just aren't that bright. I myself believe that they are plenty smart, but are just unable to restrain themselves from being ruled by emotion. I believe they hate him so much that they will do whatever it takes to get rid of him. They had nothing going into this and nothing coming out. It's why Schiff conspired with the WB to get this thing rolling and wrote rules to keep it on track in spite of the obvious.

It's frustrating for those who want to see America's best interests served, but really, we should give Nan and Schif a big thank you, since they've clinched the 2020 win for Trump and possibly (hopefully) the House and Senate too.

They also seem to be doing their best to ensure 2024-2028. Thank you Dems!
    PHM
    --------
    The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking.

Post Likes
    I think the Framers did consider the potential use of impeachment for purely political gain. But at that time there were no 'political parties' - each candidate campaigned for office with a transient support group. Not an 'organization' with a 'life of it's own' which pervaded the elected official's duties and responsibilities via loyalty concerns and group-think.

And 'representatives' were not expected to remain in elected office for life. That sort of permanency-of-office, and the intrigues almost inherently infesting it, was what they had just struggled to get rid of.

At the core of this is the pervasive system-rot caused by the political parties.

PHM
    ---------

Quote Originally Posted by vin lashon View Post
    I don't disagree. However, it wasn't anticipated that it would become the Dem's personal tool to unseat a POTUS they hate. Abuse of Power & Obstruction are fluff "charges" that can be tossed out for almost any reason, and almost anything can be malignantly used to support these charges.

In this case, they wanted to prove bribery and high crimes, but they couldn't. Because there were none. The Dems seem to have convinced themselves that the impeachment was justified, but they really have nothing. If only the Framers could have anticipated today's slimy politics and made provision to prevent attempted coups.

I doubt it. But if they did, they uphold the perception that the Dems just aren't that bright. I myself believe that they are plenty smart, but are just unable to restrain themselves from being ruled by emotion. I believe they hate him so much that they will do whatever it takes to get rid of him. They had nothing going into this and nothing coming out. It's why Schiff conspired with the WB to get this thing rolling and wrote rules to keep it on track in spite of the obvious.

It's frustrating for those who want to see America's best interests served, but really, we should give Nan and Schif a big thank you, since they've clinched the 2020 win for Trump and possibly (hopefully) the House and Senate too.

They also seem to be doing their best to ensure 2024-2028. Thank you Dems!
    PHM
    --------

Post Likes
    There are 3 DEM senators that are running for President. Part of what Trump was impeached for was trying to affect an election outcome by damaging a political opponent. If an or all three of these vote in the Senate trial are they not guilty of part of what they accused Trump of since Trump is the incumbent and by default the GOP candidate they are running against?

What kind of governmental procedure will they be call on the carpet by?

Which brings to mind recourse by Trump. Assuming he will be found not guilty in the Senate does he have any recourse such as slander, false accusations, abuse of power by the DEMs, etc? After all are they not trying to affect the outcome of an election, the next election to be exact?

Post Likes
    I don't know but I will comment that NYC Real Estate and the related politics are a deadly serious training ground.

Quote Originally Posted by BNME8EZ View Post
    There are 3 DEM senators that are running for President. Part of what Trump was impeached for was trying to affect an election outcome by damaging a political opponent. If an or all three of these vote in the Senate trial are they not guilty of part of what they accused Trump of since Trump is the incumbent and by default the GOP candidate they are running against?

What kind of governmental procedure will they be call on the carpet by?

Which brings to mind recourse by Trump. Assuming he will be found not guilty in the Senate does he have any recourse such as slander, false accusations, abuse of power by the DEMs, etc? After all are they not trying to affect the outcome of an election, the next election to be exact?
    PHM
    --------

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Poodle Head Mikey View Post
    I don't think the Democrats are dumb or emotional. Or not the bosses anyway. They are calculating: they won some seats - but I think they were somewhat horrified by who won them. Especially the people who cannot even be passed off as representing, or even appealing to, mainstream America.

And looking out a few years - they had / have nothing in the pipeline: nobody who can win against an incumbent president. Biden has always been a bumbling fool. Only the real-money-power in Delaware kept him re-elected. Without Obama needing an old nondescript DC Insider - Biden would still be stumbling along in relative obscurity. The Presidency this time is just a hail-mary effort - but they have to have campaigning-points / sound-bites for the congressional and other lesser efforts candidates.

Just ranting "We have to defeat Trump!" isn't going to cut it - especially out away from the coasts. Most especially in the lesser contests.

PHM
    ---------

For clarification, I mostly speak to the big picture, thus when I say something about 'Dems', I'm referring to the ruling class. If I do speak to the dem voter, it will be 'dem', Liberal or democrat. Not that you were speaking to that, but I think a lot of people interpret my comments as against the typical dem citizen.

That said, I do believe that Liberalism is largely emotion based. I base this assessment on most dems I know. As to the the Dems, IMO, they are either acting out of emotion or using emotion to manipulate their voters.

I miss the Dem Party of old. I never really agreed on most of the Dem perspective of things, but neither did I (do I) agree with all things Repub, but both parties of that era provided a balance that America needed (needs). The biggest shift in ideology has taken place on the Left and it doesn't fare well for America should they gain and manage to hang on to the Majority power.

As to Biden, I've not heard a more accurate assessment than you've presented here.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Poodle Head Mikey View Post
    I think the Framers did consider the potential use of impeachment for purely political gain. But at that time there were no 'political parties' - each candidate campaigned for office with a transient support group. Not an 'organization' with a 'life of it's own' which pervaded the elected official's duties and responsibilities via loyalty concerns and group-think.

And 'representatives' were not expected to remain in elected office for life. That sort of permanency-of-office, and the intrigues almost inherently infesting it, was what they had just struggled to get rid of.

At the core of this is the pervasive system-rot caused by the political parties.

PHM
    ---------
    That's the biggest conundrum...how is it that Congress has managed to avoid Term Limits for all of this time?

Page 220 of 273 FirstFirst ... 120170210213214215216217218219220221222223224225226227230270 ... LastLast