+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need IPhone Gurus

Post Likes

Need IPhone Gurus

To the techie guys here......
    I downloaded iOS 13 on my work (iPhone 8) and personal (iPhone 6S). I really, really hate what it did to both phones. Is there any way of going back to the old iOS? Or fixing the changes so both phones work the way they used to?

Some things I don’t like-

Email opens up in my last read email. So I have to go back out and load to see if I have new emails.

My personal phone no longer works while driving.
    Must be some sort of shutoff when it detects I’m in motion.

The iPhone to HDMI adaptor cord I use in my camper no longer works with the updated phones. Still works fine with my wife's phone which is not updated.

Spell check, you now have to select the work, hit replace and wait for the suggestion box to come up.

Pushing an app button for just a little too long results in a pop up window, rather then just opening the damn app I need. The buttons seem very sensitive.

Certain apps, like adobe I use for my timecard, is now extremely difficult to use. Two fingers are always needed to move the screen around and entry’s are very had to move around to center.

My old iPhone 6 keeps hanging up loading emails. For example, it’ll read “loading 0 of 6”, then display 6 unread emails on the home screen. I’ll have to set the phone down and let it sit 10 of 15 minutes and try to load again.

I’m not a techie guy. I have two of these damn things and I use them to take photos, do stuff for work and tell me directions for places I don’t know how to get to.
    “I haven’t failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” - Thomas Edison

“It’s not whether you get knocked down, it’s whether you get up.” - Vince Lombardi

"In this house we obey the laws of thermodynamics" - Homer Simpson

Local 486 Instructor & Service Technician

Post Likes
    Pretty sure there is no way to go back on an iPhone OS version.

If there is.....you will need some major tech nerd skills.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    I’d be ok with the new update, if the phones would just work the way they used to.
    “I haven’t failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” - Thomas Edison

“It’s not whether you get knocked down, it’s whether you get up.” - Vince Lombardi

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by rider77 View Post
    To the techie guys here......
    I downloaded iOS 13 on my work (iPhone 8) and personal (iPhone 6S). I really, really hate what it did to both phones. Is there any way of going back to the old iOS? Or fixing the changes so both phones work the way they used to?

Some things I don’t like-

Email opens up in my last read email. So I have to go back out and load to see if I have new emails.

My personal phone no longer works while driving.
    Must be some sort of shutoff when it detects I’m in motion.

The iPhone to HDMI adaptor cord I use in my camper no longer works with the updated phones. Still works fine with my wife's phone which is not updated.

Spell check, you now have to select the work, hit replace and wait for the suggestion box to come up.

Pushing an app button for just a little too long results in a pop up window, rather then just opening the damn app I need. The buttons seem very sensitive.

Certain apps, like adobe I use for my timecard, is now extremely difficult to use. Two fingers are always needed to move the screen around and entry’s are very had to move around to center.

My old iPhone 6 keeps hanging up loading emails. For example, it’ll read “loading 0 of 6”, then display 6 unread emails on the home screen. I’ll have to set the phone down and let it sit 10 of 15 minutes and try to load again.

I’m not a techie guy. I have two of these damn things and I use them to take photos, do stuff for work and tell me directions for places I don’t know how to get to.
    Dude it stops functioning when it's in motion? Eeewwww!

Every update breaks my phone (6) a little bit worse, I could go on and on with the bugs. Nothing has ever improved from an update.

So we have this super nerdy intern in the IT dept and I was complaining to him about what incredible ass Apple has become.

He said that it's pretty much common knowledge that you have to factory wipe every couple updates. Little things get wonky and they start to add up. He seemed somewhat offended that I would have the audacity to tarnish apples good name without even wiping the phone.

So, maybe some of that stuff isn't supposed to be acting that way? Possible it could be fixed if you wipe?

Hey why do you have two phones? Does your employer not allow personal use of the work phones or something?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Guinness for strength

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by B_roche View Post
    Dude it stops functioning when it's in motion? Eeewwww!

Every update breaks my phone (6) a little bit worse, I could go on and on with the bugs. Nothing has ever improved from an update.

So we have this super nerdy intern in the IT dept and I was complaining to him about what incredible ass Apple has become.

He said that it's pretty much common knowledge that you have to factory wipe every couple updates. Little things get wonky and they start to add up. He seemed somewhat offended that I would have the audacity to tarnish apples good name without even wiping the phone.

So, maybe some of that stuff isn't supposed to be acting that way? Possible it could be fixed if you wipe?

Hey why do you have two phones? Does your employer not allow personal use of the work phones or something?

No, I’ve just always had my own and then one for work. Kinda always been that way.
    If I wipe it doesn’t it delete everything that’s on there? Guess I gotta do a backup.

Post Likes
    IOS13 problems:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/gordonk.../#737419b2db83

I have l sometimes found that a "re-load" fixes problems. (Make sure it is 13.1 or better)

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203282
    Life is too short, Behappy!
    TFMM

Post Likes
    No, I’ve just always had my own and then one for work. Kinda always been that way.
    If I wipe it doesn’t it delete everything that’s on there? Guess I gotta do a backup.
    Supposedly it's all in the cloud. Them and that f'n cloud (nope, no SD card on account of the cloud. Boo).

I recently smashed one and the replacement did pretty ok-ish with my information. All my notes, wallpapers, apps were cool.

It smashed a bunch of my contacts together which is still extremely annoying. So, like, to call the office-anyone in the office- I have to go to the parts lady's number and all office contacts are under her name. If I delete them out and re-add, they just go back under her name.

Guinness for strength

Post Likes
    The downside of the iOS ecosystem is you're either in it with the latest update or you're not in it at all. No rolling back updates.

Not sure I've noticed any issues since the update on my iPhone 10. I do miss 3D Touch. I wish they would've kept that as an option.

Post Likes
    You rang?

10. Likes Core_d liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by HVACfucchead46 View Post
    STUPID ****ING MILLENIALS AND THEIR SMART PHONES AND FACEBOOKS. WHY CAN WE NOT JUST GO BACK TO TELEGRAPH AND NEWSPAPER.
    Ooh sorry apple doesnt allow societal rollbacks.

Guinness for strength

Post Likes
    Well the 13.1 update fixed some of the problems. Haven’t tried my HDMI adaptor cable to see if that works.
    I tried my work phone first because I didn’t want to make my phone worse.
    This thing still is trying to tell me what time to go to bed at night.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by HVACfucchead46 View Post
    STUPID ****ING MILLENIALS AND THEIR SMART PHONES AND FACEBOOKS. WHY CAN WE NOT JUST GO BACK TO TELEGRAPH AND NEWSPAPER.
    Go away

Post Likes
    “If You Can Dodge A Wrench You Can Dodge A Ball”

Post Likes
    Odd, my iPhone isn't even offering me 13.

Guinness for strength

Post Likes
    Go away
    Mod took care of it thanks mod

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by VTP99 View Post
    Mod took care of it thanks mod
    Indeed. Guru has been sent away. Till they make another account and come back.
    My opinion but those two members were the same guy.

Post Likes
    My opinion but those two members were the same guy.
    Of course, who else would've carried on with him except his own imagination

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by VTP99 View Post
    Of course, who else would've carried on with him except his own imagination
    Unfortunately I know some special folks that would do just that.

Post Likes
    Yeah man, that sucks. I'm a techie you refer too hahaha. This issue with iphone keeps popping up with all new iOS updates. 10>11 from 11>12 and now from 12>13. I always advise never to update an iphone to a major update until a few months pass. I extremely don't recommend an iphone 6, 7, 8, to go to iOS13. Yes there are a lot of benefits, but one drawback is that when the apps development start to do backwards compatibility to older phones, they start to get buggy, slower, and don't work the same. I believe the new iOS seems to have great features for FAST phones, fast meaning Iphone 10 and now Iphone 11. They usually tend to slow down your older phones. Hey, its a business. If you don't break your phone, cycle count your battery to death or something else, they will kill you with the update so you get a new phone. Its funny that if you try to use an old iphone 5s or ipod touch, the apps wont work. Youtube wont work, banking won't work. Certain games you played in those phones won't work anymore. They will say "iOS update required"

Post Likes
    You can go back to 12 but have a short time to do so. It’s not a difficult process.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in