View Poll Results: What is your verdict and how much?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • For the Truck Company

11 57.89%
  • For GC

0 0%
  • $0.00

5 26.32%
  • $1.00

1 5.26%
  • $70,000

0 0%
  • $100,000

0 0%
  • $250,000

2 10.53%
Page 5 of 48 FirstFirst 12345678910111215 ... LastLast
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    I have lost all faith in people and have even a lower view of Conservatives now.

So far, all self labeled Conservatives here think that it was 100% my fault and the truck company can break laws and Federal Safety Regulations and they are still 0% negligent.

Nearly all the Left leaners here see it that the truck company was partially negligent.

This thing is being split across Party lines. Who'd have guessed that?...And you Conservatives claim you are not The Borg.

My explanation is that Conservatives are down deep haters, in-compassionate followers and mega-corp lovers. What else would explain it?
    OMG!!! And I happen to be carrying points at the moment. And legally, pleasantly stoned

What an awful predicament to be in!!!

GC simply cannot comprehend how disgusting it would be for a conservative to exploit his very own stupidity and make someone else pay for his mistake.

It comes as absolutely no surprise that the other liberals on this board would side with you. By all means, make the businessmen pay for everything they need or even want.

Lost faith in humanity...hold conservatives in even lower esteem?

Doesn't compare to my disgust with liberals at the moment...not even close.

I suppose it doesn't help that I'm now hearing of the "Busch Light" kid who raised nearly a million for kid's hospitals; only to be "culture cancelled" by some leftist pos who dug up dirt from when the guy was 16 years old. Never mind the mud slinger is now being investigated by his own paper as having done something similar.

Throw in another impeachment attempt and I need to be out of here immediately...before I open a manifesto document in Word. This is no way to enjoy the finest opiates available with a kratom chaser! Off to watch some classic rock videos.
    Is the Religious Right to blame for Christianity's decline?

They argued that, as the Religious Right became increasingly visible and militant, it became associated with Christianity itself. And if being a Christian meant being associated with the likes of Jerry Falwell, many people—especially political moderates and liberals—decided to simply stop identifying as Christians altogether.

http://www.theamericanconservative.c...nitys-decline/

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by hurtinhvac View Post
    OMG!!! And I happen to be carrying points at the moment. And legally, pleasantly stoned

What an awful predicament to be in!!!

GC simply cannot comprehend how disgusting it would be for a conservative to exploit his very own stupidity and make someone else pay for his mistake.

It comes as absolutely no surprise that the other liberals on this board would side with you. By all means, make the businessmen pay for everything they need or even want.

Lost faith in humanity...hold conservatives in even lower esteem?

Doesn't compare to my disgust with liberals at the moment...not even close.

I suppose it doesn't help that I'm now hearing of the "Busch Light" kid who raised nearly a million for kid's hospitals; only to be "culture cancelled" by some leftist pos who dug up dirt from when the guy was 16 years old. Never mind the mud slinger is now being investigated by his own paper as having done something similar.

Throw in another impeachment attempt and I need to be out of here immediately...before I open a manifesto document in Word. This is no way to enjoy the finest opiates available with a kratom chaser! Off to watch some classic rock videos.
    Now we are getting at the crux of the conservative opposition. You think the businessman would pay for this and not a mega-corp? Maybe you identify yourself as a mega-corp. Maybe you are a wanna-be mega-corp. If you are, when is the last time you bought your competitor for $6.8 billion dollars. Ya, you need to run cover for them, don't you?

Those POS insurance companies brought us Obamacare and now they are riding high on the waves of profit and we need to look out for them. As Glenn says, 'give me a break.'

That POS company has their stupid ostrich on my TV every five minutes. Ya, they're hurting for money, aren't they? Hope they are enjoying my $100K they got using their corrupt, lying, POS lawyer.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Snapperhead View Post
    My opinion .... get your ass off the GD road causing traffic problems

Get a mountain bike and hit the trails
    I do, on a MTB and a dirtbike. But the street is a better workout. And it's right there.

Post Likes
    So, you're riding a bicycle on a street and run into a parked vehicle.

Please tell us how that happened.

I do, on a MTB and a dirtbike. But the street is a better workout. And it's right there.
    If you were a real tech, you'd solder a relay on that board and call it good to go.

I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

I use 56% silver on everything except steel.

Did you really need the " If you were a real tech " ??

Post Likes
    I have lost all faith in people and have even a lower view of Conservatives now.

So far, all self labeled Conservatives here think that it was 100% my fault and the truck company can break laws and Federal Safety Regulations and they are still 0% negligent.

Nearly all the Left leaners here see it that the truck company was partially negligent.

This thing is being split across Party lines. Who'd have guessed that?...And you Conservatives claim you are not The Borg.

My explanation is that Conservatives are down deep haters, in-compassionate followers and mega-corp lovers. What else would explain it?
    Well I am quite conservative and I have not said anything other than I was not there or present during the trial. As such, I refused to make a determination. I believe some things get lost in translation, therefore I find it best to not form an opinion without all the possible data available.

I truly believe political leanings have little to no affect on this issue. Too small a sample size here on the ARP to make that kind of leap to judgment as fact.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Fender60 View Post
    Well I am quite conservative and I have not said anything other than I was not there or present during the trial. As such, I refused to make a determination. I believe some things get lost in translation, therefore I find it best to not form an opinion without all the possible data available.

I truly believe political leanings have little to no affect on this issue. Too small a sample size here on the ARP to make that kind of leap to judgment as fact.
    One of the biggest excuses is that you do not know enough to make a determination. Well, you are not on the jury so your opinion would just be using what you have. I have said A LOT of what happened there. What relevant is missing?

What is suspect about saying "you don't know enough about it" is that you aren't asking any pertinent questions for the facts that are missing.

Post Likes
    One of the biggest excuses is that you do not know enough to make a determination. Well, you are not on the jury so your opinion would just be using what you have. I have said A LOT of what happened there. What relevant is missing?

What is suspect about saying "you don't know enough about it" is that you aren't asking any pertinent questions for the facts that are missing.
    The truth is NONE of us here were on the jury! So why are you rehashing and reliving something that cannot be changed or altered?

Haven’t you figured out you came to the wrong place to seek sympathy?

Attacking me for my beliefs will still not change the verdict, or anyone’s opinion. What is done is done. This is eating you up inside and you need to let it GO.

Simply refuse to take part in any of the discussions about this is the answer you seek, who cares who started the thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Fender60 View Post
    The truth is NONE of us here were on the jury! So why are you rehashing and reliving something that cannot be changed or altered?

Haven’t you figured out you came to the wrong place to seek sympathy?

Attacking me for my beliefs will still not change the verdict, or anyone’s opinion. What is done is done. This is eating you up inside and you need to let it GO.

Simply refuse to take part in any of the discussions about this is the answer you seek, who cares who started the thread.
    I know as much and more than the jury, yet you don't have a single pertinent question that you say is missing from the discussion.

With a poke the truth comes out. You don't give a ****. Maybe you should have just said that instead of 'you don't have enough information.' I see through that one every time.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BBeerme View Post
    So, you're riding a bicycle on a street and run into a parked vehicle.

Please tell us how that happened.
    My research shows that PCH has become a thrill seekers Road and one of the most dangerous for cyclist...sad as much of it has common side streets if one actually is going that way for a destination purpose....Not saying GC is one of those guys...but he was knowingly on one of the most dangerous roads to exist for bicycles...those numbers may be skewed however due to the large number of bicycles that venture on the road.
    He still hasn't shown this bike lane area as requested...nor where this acclaimed 70 mph speed limit is..I Google earthed it and saw mostly parking on the side..and ocassional shoulder area....with it's multi lane .. and dedicated turn lanes... not a good road for a bicycle...but yet for some reason they decide to use it.
    Reminds me of a neighboring city here where cyclist pick the busiest roads and intentionally block traffic...they wear full garb and are arrogant as heal..the common cyclist rides his bike out of the way has on street clothes and is actually concerned about his own safety.
    Not saying GC is one of those arrogant cyclist.
    I still wonder why someone would choose to ride down one the most dangerous roads for a cyclist rather than the common side roads a block away.
    Or why in the heal would the govt ever want to run a marathon through there knowing all the havick it will cause to motorist... places of business..or even being able to go home for that matter.

Sent from LG Stylo 4 using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    GC you live in a major democratic area... Your jurors were DEMOCRATS and yet you want to call conservatives here biased... Your Democrats heard all the testimony.. saw the reports and didn't see it your way.
    If you can't sue in California and win then you won't win the case anywhere... It obviously was a slam dunk from the start

11. Likes lions_lair liked this post
    Post Likes
    Stay off of PCH.

Post Likes
    I know as much and more than the jury, yet you don't have a single pertinent question that you say is missing from the discussion.

With a poke the truth comes out. You don't give a ****. Maybe you should have just said that instead of 'you don't have enough information.' I see through that one every time.
    I have a Specialized Allez with a few miles on it. I used to ride a bit when I was on active duty, so I am not totally ignorant of bicycling, so here goes..

How many miles had you ridden that week?
    How many miles had you ridden that day before you hit the truck?
    Had you just climbed a long hill? Were you still climbing or on level ground?
    Going down hill?
    Was the truck parked around a blind corner?
    What was your position on the bike; down in the grips or up on the bars?
    Were you well hydrated?
    Were you riding in a group?
    If so, what was your position in the group? Were there any riders in front of you?
    Behind you?
    Beside you?
    What was the intervals between you and any other riders?
    Did they hit the truck?
    Do you do your own maintenance on your bike? When was the last time you changed or adjusted your brakes? Tires?
    Did you skid before hitting the truck; did you brake at all?
    Was the 4-way flashers on the truck being used?
    Did anyone get cellphone pics of the accident?
    How many workers were there at the truck?
    Did they actually see the accident? Did they say anything to you that might incriminate their actions or the company they work for?
    Did any motorist see the accident and stop?
    Did you get their contact info?
    Were they deposed?

That's for starters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Fender60; 09-26-2019 at 05:48 AM.

14. Likes lions_lair liked this post
    Post Likes
    I did not realize it was my only time to 'f' with him. I should have used it.
    Really, F' with him. You didn't take your case serious enough?
    I had no experience with how evil, misleading and outright deceptive they can be. Anything goes for them. It's all about winning at any cost or appearance. I cannot believe you even said that. Were you born just before the day you went to court? Someone your age using that excuse is pitiful.

My lawyer was a gentleman when theirs was a snake. Outright lying POS! He even said "there is no evidence of an injury" when two medical doctors who examined me and operated on me testified in court.
    You bemoan everyone's short comings in this incident sans your own. Get over it and move on with life.

16. Likes lions_lair liked this post
Page 5 of 48 FirstFirst 12345678910111215 ... LastLast