View Poll Results: What is your verdict and how much?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • For the Truck Company

11 57.89%
  • For GC

0 0%
  • $0.00

5 26.32%
  • $1.00

1 5.26%
  • $70,000

0 0%
  • $100,000

0 0%
  • $250,000

2 10.53%
Page 46 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3639404142434445464748 LastLast
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by David Goodman View Post
    I am not surprised that we would collectively disagree with opinions from California.
    At least I don't live in a town where every other lot is vacant and every other house is up for sale.

Your town looks like a post nuclear holocaust where they can't get out of there fast enough.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    At least I don't live in a town where every other lot is vacant and every other house is up for sale.

Your town looks like a post nuclear holocaust where they can't get out of there fast enough.
    That does seem to be happening in California.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by vin lashon View Post
    That does seem to be happening in California.
    Where? It's a sellers market around me.

Post Likes
    Where? It's a sellers market around me.
    https://duckduckgo.com/?q=people+lea...b=v49-1&ia=web

Post Likes
    So is that your experience in life BNM? When people talk to you they do it "just to shut you up?" That every time people talk it is to just talk sh!t? If you think that, you've been on forums too long.

I watched for three days one of the best of the best, the defense attorney, use his education, training and skills to rebut and make any excuse he could for what me and other witnesses said. You guys are amateurs at it. Difference is that was his job to do. But you guys do it out of sheer bias, close-mindedness and an inability to see shades of grey.
    No. We do it because you ran into the back of a flat bed truck with a bright lit up aroiw telling you to go around. The truck and its lit up sign could have been seen by you if you looked up one time over a 40 second period.

You are no better than the texting driver rear ending the car in front of them. Remember? Those guys you have ranted about 100 times on ARP before you did the same thing? What's the difference?

I'm sorry about your accident and getting hurt. But it was your damn fault, GC. Grow up and admit it.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk
    “Free men do not ask permission to bear arms.”
    -Possibly said by Thomas Jefferson(but true even if he didn't)

“What one generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace.”
    ― Definitely said by John Wesley

6. Likes Missouri Guy liked this post
    Post Likes
    So is that your experience in life BNM? When people talk to you they do it "just to shut you up?" That every time people talk it is to just talk sh!t? If you think that, you've been on forums too long.

I watched for three days one of the best of the best, the defense attorney, use his education, training and skills to rebut and make any excuse he could for what me and other witnesses said. You guys are amateurs at it. Difference is that was his job to do. But you guys do it out of sheer bias, close-mindedness and an inability to see shades of grey.
    Then you should understand that your own statements are why you lost the case.
    You lost your case before trial at depositions...you gave the same type responses you give us here.
    You should have sued the other rider... By your own statements you could not stop because he was following to close....he said he saw the truck way back...he still decided to tailgate you.
    As a result to stop both of you from going under the truck...you did not brake...and he still hit you after you hit the truck...that backs up the tailgating claim pretty well.
    Your arguement is there were no cones...it wouldn't have mattered...as the other rider saw the truck and still followed to close...you stated you could not brake because of him...if cones had been out you still wouldn't have been able to brake with your own argument that he was following to close.
    Got it?
    Good.

Sent from LG Stylo 4 using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahrs View Post
    Slight price increases? Surely you jest.

It's not quite that simple Brian. China still owns a lot of those companies in Taiwan, they still have control. In fact, it wouldn't surprise me if the frames are made in China and shipped to Taiwan for painting, along with the 'Made in Taiwan" decal. Also, China was already starting to fund manufacturing in other asian countries, in part due to rising wages/costs domestically. Then of course, none of this is bringing manufacturing back to North America.

Don't get me wrong, China is feeling increased pressure. But no matter what happens, they'll be just fine.

Side note, Specialized is known to be very litigious. Coincidence? I think not.
    Not all is due to Trump. And Trump is trying to stabilize these markets. And trying to reign in China's shenanigans. We will come out the other side in a far better place.

Pre Trump tariffs:

"The increases range from 1 to 12 percent. Models affected include fitness, youth, e-bike, mountain and road categories, as well as various price points.

Specialized pointed to a devaluation of the U.S. dollar against Asian currencies over the past 12 months, which has inflated costs for its products. And it can no longer continue to absorb the costs entirely, the company said.

"To be precise, the dollar has weakened by 8 percent against the Japanese Yen, the New Taiwan Dollar, and the Chinese Renminbi since January 2017 and is forecasted to weaken further. Our teams have worked very hard to defer the negative impact on U.S. market pricing, and up till now, Specialized has absorbed the entire impact of these higher costs," the letter said."

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian8383 View Post
    Not all is due to Trump. And Trump is trying to stabilize these markets. And trying to reign in China's shenanigans. We will come out the other side in a far better place.

Pre Trump tariffs:

"The increases range from 1 to 12 percent. Models affected include fitness, youth, e-bike, mountain and road categories, as well as various price points.

Specialized pointed to a devaluation of the U.S. dollar against Asian currencies over the past 12 months, which has inflated costs for its products. And it can no longer continue to absorb the costs entirely, the company said.

"To be precise, the dollar has weakened by 8 percent against the Japanese Yen, the New Taiwan Dollar, and the Chinese Renminbi since January 2017 and is forecasted to weaken further. Our teams have worked very hard to defer the negative impact on U.S. market pricing, and up till now, Specialized has absorbed the entire impact of these higher costs," the letter said."

I didn't include the date. The above was from March 28, 2018

Post Likes
    ...Do you place no more credibility in an F-18 Fighter Pilot which is the top 1% of all Navy and Air Force personal or is their eye witness account no better than an HVAC technician when it comes to identifying airborne objects?
    Should an F-18 pilot reject situational awareness and run in to a stationary hazard? If so, should he be immune from any reprimand?

11. Likes Missouri Guy liked this post
    Post Likes
    That is not what I said. I said a person's credentials and experience gives weight to what that person says. It does not make it automatically believable.

We all decide what we want to believe but the funny thing is that "truth" is always what we happen to believe. If not. tell me of a person who firmly believes in something that they admit is not true? Just like you GA, you think it is 'true' that I am rich. But it couldn't be farther from the truth.

Here is a question off the subject but is about credentials, personal abilities and experience:
    You may not be aware but I follow the UFO phenomenon. Huge strides have occurred lately when the Navy released video from F-18's chasing what they now coin as 'unidentified arial phenomenon." They publicly admitted for the first time that the objects on these tapes are real and they are unknown. They have also changed their policy on allowing their pilots to speak publicly about their encounters with these objects.

As an outcome from this new policy about five F-18 Fighter Pilots and radar operators have come forward, gone on tape, and told their encounters to the public. A pivotal statement, for me, came from an F-18 pilot from the USS Roosevelt (or Nimitz) when asked "how many of your fellow pilots that you have spoken with have seen these objects up close?" He answered "about sixty."

Now here is my question to you GA. Do you place no more credibility in an F-18 Fighter Pilot which is the top 1% of all Navy and Air Force personal or is their eye witness account no better than an HVAC technician when it comes to identifying airborne objects? IOW, did that statement, which is verifiable online, make an impression on you? Because it did to me.

IMO, if anyone can sweep that statement off the table as worthless or unverifiable, they have a screw loose and are "living in their own private Idaho."
    No one argued that they didn't believe you.
    You lost the case here based on what you told us to be true.
    Got it?
    Good.

Post Likes
    See GC you can't even get your fallacious arguments past us... Let alone an attorney.. judge ..and a dozen jurors.

Post Likes
    NO GC...

Just because a person has a bunch of PHD's (piled higher and deeper)...
    Does not automatically mean they know what they say.
    In reality... what it probably means in our current society:
    Is their statements are for sale... sadly!

There is NO excuse for not doing ones own research and determining the validity of what is said...
    Otherwise... one is the pawn of the cause/agenda of the one they blindly believe.

Speaking of blindly believing...
    There is only ONE place in the universe one should have that level of faith...
    And that is in the Judeo/Christian God!

Bet that will stir this pot...
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Your comfort, Your way, Everyday!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Missouri Guy View Post
    No one argued that they didn't believe you.
    You lost the case here based on what you told us to be true.
    Got it?
    Good.

I took all of what he said to be truth. But I'd bet if we actually sat in court, he's leaving things out.

I'm sure there is more we don't know or has been twisted by his twisted mind. Like the truck just parked there a few minutes earlier and they were in the process of setting up cones. Who knows? But I'd better there are several facts left out along those lines.

But even with the facts as we know them, he responsible. 100%. He's supposed to be watching the road in front of him. The truck should have gotten a parking ticket at most.

You ran into a parked truck dude. With nearly a minute to look up once to see it.

Let's put it this way GC. If some woman was texting and didn't see a truck parked in her lane, she had a nearly a minute to look up once to see it, it had an illuminated sign with an arrow to go around.... Would you really make any excuses for her saying that regulations state the truck should have had orange cones set up?

Think about your opinion of distracted drivers in the past before you give your knee jerk answer.

You wouldn't state anything other than she is 100% responsible and you know it.

So stop with the "Conservatives are_____" crap.

Page 46 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3639404142434445464748 LastLast