Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 14 to 22 of 22
  1. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Gladstone, Oregon (Portland)
    Posts
    1,991
    Post Likes
    It is much easier to know what you need once you have decades of experience. 3 in 1 screwdriver, jumpers, impact drill, crescent wrench and meter. Fixes 99 percent of problems.

  2. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    14
    Post Likes
    The Veto TPB4 is great!

  3. #16
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Location
    Corpus Christi TX
    Posts
    1
    Post Likes
    Go with VETO my dude....I sell them like crazy with Johnstone Supply in Corpus Christi TX and the guys down here absolutely love these bags. The warranty is top notch and very sturdy bags.

  4. #17
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Bay Area California
    Posts
    25,712
    Post Likes
    Except when they only do one stitch on the zipper . . .


    Quote Originally Posted by CCTXdiver View Post
    Go with VETO my dude....I sell them like crazy with Johnstone Supply in Corpus Christi TX and the guys down here absolutely love these bags. The warranty is top notch and very sturdy bags.
    I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

  5. #18
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Atlanta GA area
    Posts
    42,886
    Post Likes
    Here is an alternate thought:

    VETO MCT or MC bag... smallish... carries a handful of tools you will use regularly, as well as your meter and batter impact driver... and a few specific parts; like wire nuts, wire ties, tape, etc...
    And it is not that large nor heavy when loaded!
    GA-HVAC-Tech

    Your comfort, Your way, Everyday!

    GA's basic rules of home heating and AC upgrades:
    *Installation is more important than the brand of equipment
    *The duct system keeps the house comfortable; the equipment only heats and cools (and dehumidifies)
    *Cheap is not good, good is not cheap; however expensive is not a guarantee of quality!
    Choose your contractor wisely!

  6. #19
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    BFE lol
    Posts
    131
    Post Likes
    Check this list of sellers not honored by Veto.
    https://vetopropac.com/warranty-registration/?q=482
    Their website won't load on my phone. I remembered this and googled veto pro-pac warranty to find it.
    It's very difficult to read cuz it's a lot of uppercase and like one long sentence.
    I'll plug my favorite browser here. It's called free adblocker by rocketshield. It has a reader mode for $1 a month that cleans up most of today's websites to make it like a textbook. Also, it's based on Chrome so it's familiar. Wouldn't go on the internet without it anymore.
    I like used anyway because it makes it look like I work more than I do LOL
    I miss when you could still take time to charge by the frost line.

  7. #20
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Atlanta GA area
    Posts
    42,886
    Post Likes
    Back when...
    Lots of companies had a policy: We set the price of our products... and NOBODY sells them for less than the price we set.
    It is an image thing...
    However it is also a company profit thing... if the price gets ground down to the point the co (VETO) does not make any $$$... then guess what:
    VETO will NOT be there to honor the warranty.

    Sorry... however top quality does not come cheap...
    And generally... cheap is not high quality.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

    Your comfort, Your way, Everyday!

    GA's basic rules of home heating and AC upgrades:
    *Installation is more important than the brand of equipment
    *The duct system keeps the house comfortable; the equipment only heats and cools (and dehumidifies)
    *Cheap is not good, good is not cheap; however expensive is not a guarantee of quality!
    Choose your contractor wisely!

  8. #21
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Location
    Jacksonville, Fl
    Posts
    6
    Post Likes
    I carry a cheap Husky pouch i bought at HD. It has lasted a little over 3 years. For general service work i can carry everything i need to fix 90% of my calls, and the other 10% get fixed on a single trip back to the truck where i return with what ive decided i need after seeing the job.

  9. #22
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Central, IL
    Posts
    34
    Post Likes
    Electricians pouch with belt, holds all tools for 99% of service calls and can sling over shoulder for easy carry or use belt when when working on ladders. After 20 years I finally have the tool selection I need down to an art, lol

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •