+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Traeger

Post Likes
    Just pulled the mac and cheese. Here it is.

Name:  48EB2484-21A6-4CEE-9FA8-2009F20ECB5B.jpg
Views: 193
Size:  126.4 KB
    “I haven’t failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” - Thomas Edison

“It’s not whether you get knocked down, it’s whether you get up.” - Vince Lombardi

"In this house we obey the laws of thermodynamics" - Homer Simpson

Local 486 Instructor & Service Technician

2. Likes vin lashon, Spitz liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Just pulled off my salmon.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sac View Post
    Are you looking for portability? Weighing in at 90lbs hardly seems portable vs the 50lb Traeger. Grilla has a good rep. The double wall using air as an insulator sounds like a good feature for cold weather cooking. My camp chef has single wall and they sell an insulated blanket as an option for cold weather cooking.
    Not so much portability as I think it's about the right size for what I would be using it for, I dont need a huge one. It looks like a pretty nice unit, of course they all seem to work pretty well, everyone seems to like what they are using, I'm not sure one brand is way better than another.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by chillrdude View Post
    Not so much portability as I think it's about the right size for what I would be using it for, I dont need a huge one. It looks like a pretty nice unit, of course they all seem to work pretty well, everyone seems to like what they are using, I'm not sure one brand is way better than another.
    Some have different features. Depends on what's important to you. I think you'd be doing yourself a disservice getting anything less than 24" wide. The grills are really versatile and you can get creative with what you do.

I have the Camp Chef SmokePro DLX24. I had a choice of a propane fueled sear box or griddle side car with it and I chose the sear box. It gets used almost daily.

Weber has a pellet grill hitting the market soon. They are taking pre-orders starting next month. I think if I were in the market today, the Weber would be on my list
    Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Why is it that those who complain the most contribute the least?
    MONEY CAN'T BUY HAPPINESS. POVERTY CAN'T BUY ANYTHING

Post Likes
    I’d whole heartedly agree on the minimum size.
    Actually that’s why the 36” Woodwind is on my wish list. I’ve had several examples of where my 24” just wasn’t enough. Most recently was the Labor Day BBQ we held for some family members. I did 3 racks of ribs, burgers, hot dogs and sausages. Along with some cowboy bbq baked beans and a smoked pecan pie for dessert. And simply ran out of space.
    The thing about these pellet grills is how easy it is to turn out really good, quality food. The average backyard BBQer will find themselves trying food they’d never have even considered before.
    Seafood, side dishes, desserts? Sure thing. An 12+ hour overnight smoke to cook up a full pack brisket? No problem, you can even watch the temperatures laying in bed with Camp Chefs new WiFi controller. Just fill the hopper with pellet fuel and it’ll do the rest. Wood fired pizza? Absolutely, throw it on and set the temp up high.
    I’ve had the ZG since Memorial Day weekend 2019. And have used it at least once per week since. I even hauled it to Virginia when we went camping for a week (hence my wish for a Pursuit foldable grill). Here’s the Yukon and ZG while we were down there. Excuse the mess, the CC was having it’s way with a London broil at the time the picture was taken.
    The Yukon is one of Camp Chefs modular stove systems. You can use it as a gas fired stove, or it accepts attachments like griddles, grills and pizza ovens. Some of these attachments can also be used on the sidekick accessory that goes on the right side of the pellet grills.

Name:  2D29225F-5565-4D8F-B1F9-492F457FA948.jpg
Views: 224
Size:  110.4 KB
    “I haven’t failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” - Thomas Edison

“It’s not whether you get knocked down, it’s whether you get up.” - Vince Lombardi

Post Likes
    For anyone on the fence or considering a pellet grill, Dicks has my model on a Black Friday sale. Something like $374 out the door with 25% off. That’s less then I paid.

https://www.dickssportinggoods.com/p...24bttrplltxcfp

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by rider77 View Post
    For anyone on the fence or considering a pellet grill, Dicks has my model on a Black Friday sale. Something like $374 out the door with 25% off. That’s less then I paid.

https://www.dickssportinggoods.com/p...24bttrplltxcfp

Post Likes
    Take a look at ACE Hardware.

Post Likes
    ya gotta have 120v ac for the pellet grilles to work, right?

Post Likes
    Yes

Post Likes
    I see a "green mountain" brand that says it will work on 12v dc or 120v ac. im looking for something to use at the campsite. wouldn't take a lot of power so an inverter would prolly work on any of them, huh?

Post Likes
    not yo hijack the thread, but anyone have any input on heartland travel trailers, esp. the prowler line?

Post Likes
    Not sure on the Green Mountain.
    But mine doesn’t need all that much power to run. It’d easily run on an inverter.
    All it needs is a glow plug and auger motor.

Post Likes
    $10 for a 20lb bag at Cabelas. I believe they are made by Lumberjack

Post Likes
    I have been on the edge of getting a pellet grill but the cost always drives me away. Loll, I did see a Pit boss that had close to 500sqft surface area for one $189 at Lowe's. But before I could react to go buy it they all sold out everywhere. I'm still look around and see what I can get. Any deals you guys see out there?

Post Likes
    I just dropped a grand on a weber Gen II, so I'm not looking to spend more on a pellet smoker, but I did buy this:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Spitz View Post
    $10 for a 20lb bag at Cabelas. I believe they are made by Lumberjack

I once had 30~40# of pellets in a storage container (forgot which brand).
    Got real busy and didn't get to use it for almost a year...
    They lost their flavors. Just wood pellets...
    Life is too short, Behappy!
    TFMM

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by NarutoRUN View Post
    I have been on the edge of getting a pellet grill but the cost always drives me away. Loll, I did see a Pit boss that had close to 500sqft surface area for one $189 at Lowe's. But before I could react to go buy it they all sold out everywhere. I'm still look around and see what I can get. Any deals you guys see out there?
    There are Camp Chef models available from Dicks Sporting Goods that go on sale for between $299-$399.
    My 24” ZG slide and grill was on sale for $399, then another $150 for the sidekick when it was on sale.

https://www.dickssportinggoods.com/p...%20and%20grill

https://www.dickssportinggoods.com/p...hef%20sidekick

Post Likes
    Picked up a insulating blanket this weekend. Overpriced but it does the job.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Spitz View Post
    Picked up a insulating blanket this weekend. Overpriced but it does the job.

I've thought about getting one

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in