Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 27 to 39 of 87

Thread: Traeger

  1. #27
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,494
    Post Likes
    more fat on the brisket, less on the jerky I like eye of round for jerky, unless a friend comes by with a deer or fresh killed pig. looks good though, where can I get a bite?

  2. #28
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Deep Southeast
    Posts
    8,690
    Post Likes
    I was thinking about a pellet grill, but I mostly do fast grilling...steaks, sausage, etc. I bought a weber GenII, But I may yet get a peelet grill to supplement.

    I've been eyeing this one :

    https://www.homedepot.com/p/Traeger-...G-01/205890227

  3. #29
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Chicagoland Area
    Posts
    8,406
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by vin lashon View Post
    I was thinking about a pellet grill, but I mostly do fast grilling...steaks, sausage, etc. I bought a weber GenII, But I may yet get a peelet grill to supplement.

    I've been eyeing this one :

    https://www.homedepot.com/p/Traeger-...G-01/205890227
    I'd be proud to have that in your backyard
    Officially, Down for the count

    YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

    I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Liberalism-Ideas so good they mandate them

  4. Likes vin lashon liked this post.
  5. #30
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    1,103
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    That's pretty sweet

    Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    1,103
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    Throwing a few shrimp skewers on tonight. Fired it in the garage love the smell the next morning.

    Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    1,103
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    .

    Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    1,103
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    Getting cold, I might have to buy it a jacket. There overpriced but this whole hobby is.

    Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Chicagoland Area
    Posts
    8,406
    Post Likes
    How's the Traegar hold up in cold temps? The Camp Chef has been a bit temperamental here and there. Were I a betting man, I think the issue might be with the controller. Had an issue twice so far where the ambient was in the 20's. Set the controller to 375 and after I put the food in, at some point in time it dropped to 180 and stayed there. I cleaned the grill thoroughly and had no issues for another week or so when something similar happened. I'd like to rule out the controller as a problem before I buy an insulated blanket for it. It has worked flawlessly in 40* and above ambient.
    Officially, Down for the count

    YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

    I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Liberalism-Ideas so good they mandate them

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    1,103
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    Sounds like a controller problem. Mine displays cold weather startup when I turn it on when it's cold. I hear Tragers tech Support/Customer service is really good. Not sure about CampChef but might be worth a call to see what they think. Gona be unseasonably cold for this time of year the next few days.

    Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

  11. #36
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    1,103
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    1st whole chicken on the Traeger. I Screwed up didn't fill the hopper and fell asleep on the couch. Checked it when I woke up and the grill was 48*. Surprisingly it still turned out OK

    Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    1,103
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sac View Post
    How's the Traegar hold up in cold temps? The Camp Chef has been a bit temperamental here and there. Were I a betting man, I think the issue might be with the controller. Had an issue twice so far where the ambient was in the 20's. Set the controller to 375 and after I put the food in, at some point in time it dropped to 180 and stayed there. I cleaned the grill thoroughly and had no issues for another week or so when something similar happened. I'd like to rule out the controller as a problem before I buy an insulated blanket for it. It has worked flawlessly in 40* and above ambient.
    You figure out your issue

    Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Chicagoland Area
    Posts
    8,406
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Spitz View Post
    You figure out your issue

    Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    I'm calling Camp Chef tomorrow. Today I had a "flame" error pop up.
    Officially, Down for the count

    YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

    I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Liberalism-Ideas so good they mandate them

  14. #39
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Atlanta,Ga.
    Posts
    545
    Post Likes
    Any of you guys use a Big Green Egg,I have one .It works good.Thinking about getting a Traeger pellet grill.anyone have a comparison between the Traeger and a Green Egg(Kamado Style) smoker,Grill?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •