Post Likes

Restoring AX station from a backup .dist file

Like the title says, trying to get the station back up after a Jace died. The dist file has content, but when converting to a .zip format, windows says there's nothing to extract. Am I up a creek here?

Post Likes
    Look at the size of the file. If the size is 0, then yes. You are out of luck. I have had JACEs give me a backup that is 0kb from time to time, usually when they are almost dead already.
    Hmmmm....smells like numbatwo to me.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by numbawunfela View Post
    Look at the size of the file. If the size is 0, then yes. You are out of luck. I have had JACEs give me a backup that is 0kb from time to time, usually when they are almost dead already.
    Nope, both the dist and the converted zip show about 3mb.

Post Likes
    Usually they do extract just fine... the fact that it does not is likely all you need to know. However, you can restore from .dist without extracting it. Use the platform's distribution file installer to install that .dist backup onto the replacement JACE. If that does not work I dunno what to tell ya.
    Hmmmm....smells like numbatwo to me.

Post Likes
    When you were "converting from a dist to zip" is it through some utility or just by renaming the file extension? I would just install the .dist, but if some program is having trouble just try manually changing the extension.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by theintegrator View Post
    When you were "converting from a dist to zip" is it through some utility or just by renaming the file extension? I would just install the .dist, but if some program is having trouble just try manually changing the extension.
    I just renamed it.