Post Likes

I知 over SO CAL! Considering selling Company

I知 considering selling my 20yr old phone number, web presence, database with client list, flat rate, estimating and invoicing software. I an doing approximately $500k yr in gross sales, with two full time employees. One office/dispatch, one full time installer.
    Looking for information on how to proceed. Or offers.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTech16 View Post
    I’m considering selling my 20yr old phone number, web presence, database with client list, flat rate, estimating and invoicing software. I an doing approximately $500k yr in gross sales, with two full time employees. One office/dispatch, one full time installer.
    Looking for information on how to proceed. Or offers.
    The only real value-asset your company has is your service agreements or maintenance contracts , which ever you choose to call them. Next is real estate, do you have a shop/office ? Not a put down but with 2 employees your gross should be larger. Trucks, tools, software, websites etc can be obtained by lunch by anyone, it's those customers that are guaranteed to call that make value. The shop can be sold or rented as a separate deal.
    Been there done that.

Post Likes
    Thank you for the feedback! I’m aware of the service contract, property value, etc...

No offense taken. I purposely limit the gross (not necessarily the gross, but the quantity of work) for quality, we can handpick the work we take on.

1 admin employee (phones, general office) 1 apprentice

Prior to the recession, we were doing $800k - $1m a month, with 7 field 2 admin, within 6yrs and expanding. being a residential service company, it hit hard, barely survived, when many others didn’t. But the quality of life wasn’t worth the $$$.
    So I decided to go back to being an old school, “service” company. Providing an unmatched customer experience, with antiquated ideas like honor, integrity, reliability, quality and fair prices, above everything, and without exception. Actually serving our clients best interests, over our sales numbers. (not as a slogan, but in practice) Going against the industry norm, salesman with a toolkit, don’t repair it, replace it philosophy.
    (pretty much nonexistent today)

*SORRY FOR THE RANT lol

Post Likes
    Thank you for the feedback! I知 aware of the service contract, property value, etc...

No offense taken. I purposely limit the gross (not necessarily the gross, but the quantity of work) for quality, we can handpick the work we take on.

1 admin employee (phones, general office) 1 apprentice

Prior to the recession, we were doing $800k - $1m a month, with 7 field 2 admin, within 6yrs and expanding. being a residential service company, it hit hard, barely survived, when many others didn稚. But the quality of life wasn稚 worth the $$$.
    So I decided to go back to being an old school, 都ervice company. Providing an unmatched customer experience, with antiquated ideas like honor, integrity, reliability, quality and fair prices, above everything, and without exception. Actually serving our clients best interests, over our sales numbers. (not as a slogan, but in practice) Going against the industry norm, salesman with a toolkit, don稚 repair it, replace it philosophy.
    (pretty much nonexistent today)

*SORRY FOR THE RANT lol
    What is a business worth that is doing app 5% of what it was doing a short time ago?
    Signature removed Violated rule #15

Post Likes
    1. Whatever someone is willing to pay for it!
    2. The quality of my personal life
    3. More than one that didn’t survive the recession.
    4. My health

I never said that I was considering selling the business. Just the database and phone number.

Post Likes
    My apologies: I guess the title actually states that...

Post Likes
    1. Whatever someone is willing to pay for it!
    2. The quality of my personal life
    3. More than one that didn’t survive the recession.
    4. My health

I never said that I was considering selling the business. Just the database and phone number.
    From your description of the collapse of your numbers, the value of theses 2 items is " not much " . Your phone isn't ringing and most marketing/advertising companies have customer data already divided by demographics. The recession wasn't that bad for the AC service business so what did you do to get so FUBAR ?

Post Likes
    I wouldn't be surprised if the best thing to do would be to work something out with your installer.

Post Likes
    Were you doing a lot of new construction? Were you paying your guys by commission, piecemeal or by the job?

Post Likes
    First, I appreciate your opinion, but it’s just that, an opinion!
    Obviously, that wasn’t the sole factor. There were other circumstances for sure. We had a couple of extremely mild summers, and we don’t know what winter is. I didn’t cover my six, focused too much on growth. Heavily invested in the housing market. Assumed your attitude, that our industry won’t be affected too much by the recession. We as a residential service/replacement company it greatly affected the entire industry in our market. I’m not sure where you live, but it’s probably not in Southern California.
    I’m certain that I made mistakes, and I own them. As well as the fact that it’s easy to Monday morning quarterback and make general assumptions.!
    It’s also a possibility that you are just a far superior businessman. Free from error or mistakes.
    It actually wasn’t FUBAR, because we made it through. Are you Ex-Military? If so, You probably know the three possible operational conditions?
    SNAFU - situation normal all ****ed up
    TARFU - things are really ****ed up
    FUBAR - ****ed up beyond all repair
    SARCASM
    (It痴 like food in a communist country, either you get it, or you don稚!)

的 HAVE NOT YET BEGUN TO DEFILE MYSELF!
    (Doc Holiday in Tombstone)

的N ORDER TO BE ABLE TO THINK, 🤔 YOU HAVE TO RISK BEING OFFENSIVE!
    (Dr. Jordan Peterson)

Post Likes
    First, I appreciate your opinion, but it痴 just that, an opinion!
    Obviously, that wasn稚 the sole factor. There were other circumstances for sure. We had a couple of extremely mild summers, and we don稚 know what winter is. I didn稚 cover my six, focused too much on growth. Heavily invested in the housing market. Assumed your attitude, that our industry won稚 be affected too much by the recession. We as a residential service/replacement company it greatly affected the entire industry in our market. I知 not sure where you live, but it痴 probably not in Southern California.
    I知 certain that I made mistakes, and I own them. As well as the fact that it痴 easy to Monday morning quarterback and make general assumptions.!
    It痴 also a possibility that you are just a far superior businessman. Free from error or mistakes.
    It actually wasn稚 FUBAR, because we made it through. Are you Ex-Military? If so, You probably know the three possible operational conditions?
    I will take that to mean that I was right in what I stated. I didn't say it was the only factor.

I lived and worked in San Diego county for about 10 years so I am very familiar with the area.

Post Likes
    First, I appreciate your opinion, but it’s just that, an opinion!
    Obviously, that wasn’t the sole factor. There were other circumstances for sure. We had a couple of extremely mild summers, and we don’t know what winter is. I didn’t cover my six, focused too much on growth. Heavily invested in the housing market. Assumed your attitude, that our industry won’t be affected too much by the recession. We as a residential service/replacement company it greatly affected the entire industry in our market. I’m not sure where you live, but it’s probably not in Southern California.
    I’m certain that I made mistakes, and I own them. As well as the fact that it’s easy to Monday morning quarterback and make general assumptions.!
    It’s also a possibility that you are just a far superior businessman. Free from error or mistakes.
    It actually wasn’t FUBAR, because we made it through. Are you Ex-Military? If so, You probably know the three possible operational conditions?
    OP, things especially HVAC equipment keep breaking no matter the economy. What did you do to stop the phone ringing ? If you were a service business in a downturn it will slow down for a short time but sooner than later with AC out it will get too hot to fornicate , the customers will find the money to get the cooling back on. During the 2008 mess we slowed down for two weeks. Didn't need a phone, fax, truck, or shop it was so slow. Then it got a little warm and back to norm. I kept 2 months of full company payroll on hand to cover us. Our area was hit hard back in the 1980's by the oil/gas crash. Probably then 6 out of 10 households out of work here in my area of Tx so I learned to be ready.