Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Likes
    Here you go.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Likes
    I was running about the 9th call of the day for a warranty company. Dead of winter, no heat call. I knock on the door and a small child with a diaper only answers the door. Three adults are sitting on the couch smoking who never leave their spot. The toddler leads me to the closet where the furnace is. Burners are rotted out, pressure switch tubing is broken, circuit board isn’t responding on call for heat and there is mouse shit everywhere. The smell is awful. I tell them I’ll return in the morning after I the supply house opens. I return, replace the parts and the furnace works. Kid has a diaper and a shirt on and it still smells terrible. Later that day, I get a three minute voicemail cussed out for breaking their furnace. My boss went back and said they had the air conditioning on and the furnace was rotted out since the dog was peeing on it for 8 years

Post Likes
    Oh yea, the good and bad. First the bad. Went to a customer's house did two AC systems checks. Over both systems with a fine tooth comb. Both systems are old but we are not in the habit of ripping folks off on AC checks. So, go over everything temp drop, pressures (high and low side), took pics and everything is running fine. She seems pleasant I collect the nominal fee and leave. She calls back four months later to tell me that I didn't perform the checks correctly because she read something in "Handyman Monthly". I'm like...Handyman Monthly? I've never heard of it. Still don't know what she meant. I think she was mad because I didn't add refrigerant....didn't need it but she thought it did... Processed a refund and had to tell her that we could not provide service her any longer. Very odd. .....On that note, I had another lady show up with a bottle and a glass of wine for me while I was fixing her furnace. guess, it made her hot. LOL!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by STEVEusaPA View Post
    I would’ve left after I was told to sit and listen to how to come in and out of a house.
    Agree...

However I would have sat in the chair... listened politely... then explained:

I was in the military, and was exposed to a variety of diseases when I was overseas... never came down with anything... however IMO it would be in your best interest to not have me in your home...
    Then thank them for calling and leave...

That way... there is no reason for a bad review online...
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Your comfort, Your way, Everyday!

Post Likes
    My biggest problem is all the wives won't leave me alone. Being an HVAC stud is just too much for them.

Post Likes
    Uh-Oh...

Methinks a former life may be coming out...

GA-HVAC-Tech

Your comfort, Your way, Everyday!

Post Likes
    Thermostat wire went bad in one day? 🤔

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTech16 View Post
    Thermostat wire went bad in one day? ��
    Quoting the post you're responding to gives context.

Post Likes
    I had this one call, end of the day call for an apartment building, dispatch says “Come get the keys to the building, no one is there right now and the call is for no cooling.” I buzz over and I always knock and announce when I enter a home for the first time or if I come back after getting a part etc. so I check the t stat and low behold no voltage, so I’m thinking either breaker is off, or maybe the wet switch in the attic is tripped. So I begin to search for the panel box and I open the doors to the bathroom, check the living room, etc. I open the bedroom door and this woman shoots up from a dead sleep and covering herself with blankets and understandably screams “WHO THE $&*- ARE YOU AND WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE!?!” Me being the respectable gentleman I am close the door halfway but she can still see me and I avert my eyes and reply “I was called for a no ac call to this address, I’m the hvac Tech.” She then reply’s confused “how did you get in?!” I held out the keys and replied “they gave me the keys”. She then said “can you please just leave, just go...now”. I hurried out of there and hid behind my van while calling dispatch afraid she was going to shoot me, then I beelined it out of there.

Another good one I was looking for thermostat wire in the ceiling and it ran into the men’s bathroom so I check every stall, and the last stall I opened which wasn’t locked there was a gentleman taking a long 45 minute (yes I timed it) #2. I got so impatient after 10 minutes I searched elsewhere and found it, thank goodness

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12