+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Geo retrofit

Post Likes

Geo retrofit

This is a Geostar (rebranded WaterFurnace) retrofit heating system for a house that only had wood heat and electric baseboards so we did underfloor radiant on the main floor using Viega Climate Trak and Jaga Strada radiators everywhere else. Groundloop is vertical closed loop and the drillers ran into problems so we ended up with 3 irregular length boreholes: 360, 300 and 100ft. Used a Caleffi geo manifold with adjustable flow meters to compensate for the differing lengths.

Post Likes
    Very Nice Looking Work ! Thanks for Sharing!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by balefulstare View Post
    This is a Geostar (rebranded WaterFurnace) retrofit heating system for a house that only had wood heat and electric baseboards so we did underfloor radiant on the main floor using Viega Climate Trak and Jaga Strada radiators everywhere else. Groundloop is vertical closed loop and the drillers ran into problems so we ended up with 3 irregular length boreholes: 360, 300 and 100ft. Used a Caleffi geo manifold with adjustable flow meters to compensate for the differing lengths.

Nice work in that mech room. Well laid out. No unnecessary fittings and clean soldering. Even the electrical is good.

The PVC (?) on relief valves wouldn't fly here, but maybe that's ok there.

Walk away proud of that one!

Post Likes
    Yoooo, that setup looks killer. I like how everything is neat

Post Likes
    the PVC is code in my state and can be used but i still use copper on my jobs.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in