Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Likes
    If for some crazy reason someone has lots of money to spend.
    I would use fewer legs and larger floor joist/ headers.

Post Likes
    It's true, in theory, pulling it out and cleaning it, then sealing it would be easy, but my experience with caulk or silicone or any type of sealant is that it doesen't last.

We've had multiple situations where that was attempted, like sealing a drain trough that was 15' long around the edges to the concrete so food and stuff couldn't get into where they couldn't clean it, I tried 6 different types of sealants, even a special type of concrete sealer product and nothing would last, they eventually in less than 6 months, all had a leak and it was back to square one. Lifting the trough required moving 2 100 gallon kettles, 1 100 gallon kettle with an agitator arm and a 2 compartment floor steamer.

I ended up fabricating a new "trough" made in removable sections with individual sections of the grates so that it's almost like a puzzle, all in 304 stainless.

It's not so much about the fabrication, it's more about just wanting to fix it once and for all, the unit already has a ramp which used to be somewhat a suicide mission to get something into it, someone actually had a 2" pan rack fall on them and she got a concussion so I built another ramp that was better.

It's more of a concept at this point, I was thinking of 3D printing some 1/10 scale of these items to see how it works out.

Anyways, I want it to be permanent in the fullest sense so that it can be cleaned ,I'm not too worried about the legs as they'll be welded shut and sure, it might get a little dirty around them but nothing as bad as what's there right now.

The program is Sketchup, another program you can use is Blender which is free and also really good, just a big learning curve. I use Sketchup for planned work that requires prints and Blender for visual representation like actual renderings.

You guys think I can just put it all in the receiver and call it a day, cut the pipes, lift it and then reattach it?

Post Likes
    A common way to create a permanent seal is to apply an epoxy floor around the box which can form a coved base. I've seen this done many times in supermarket prep room and cooler floors. It's best to hire an experienced commercial epoxy flooring contractor to do it right.

Post Likes
    Ice,

It's not a bad idea, but these guys have concrete like what you showed me above, and it still get's destroyed.

I've had to build 2" pan racks for these guys because the one's from Channel were destroyed within the first 5 months.

Everything has to be indestructible and built like a tank.

Post Likes
    Hope you post pictures of the build!

Post Likes
    If it does end up getting done, I will for sure. I'll be confined within my shop for a day or 2 just building it.

I was thinking of 3D printing miniature versions of the ramp, stand and blast chiller.

Just to see it.

Post Likes
    Do it like icemeister said. Then add a SS guardrail so the seal can't be run into.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

8. Likes icemeister liked this post
    Post Likes
    Problem is that it still doesen't give it a way to be cleaned.

I would have to rely on the stainless piece also being sealed to the floor which undoubtedly would also not last.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12