Post Likes

Ruud UGAA.080A Blower motor won’t turn on

I’ve noticed the blower motor not turning on while thermostat is in cool. The AC motor/pump outside is running but furnace blower won’t turn on. When it first happened, I went to the thermostat and switched it to Fan on, which still doesn’t work.
    The fan is not stuck, spins freely. If I turn off the power to the furnace (wired via a light switch attached to outside of furnace) and back on, then the blower fan starts right up and the house cools. Then when it’s off for a while and the temp goes back up and the thermostat called for cool again, AC outside kicks on but blower never turns on unless I flip the power off and back on.
    Way to test what my issue is? Would my issue be a faulty fan relay?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Likes
    Hard to tell from behind a computer, a tech on site would have to use specific tools to properly troubleshoot.

Also looking at the picture, that is a very old system, it needs to be inspected yearly with proper tools, inspection camera, combustion analyzer, etc. to make sure it is safely operating.

Even if it passes the proper testing each year, I would highly recommend a low level carbon monoxide detector as sooner or later it may become dangerous at any time at that age.

Sorry that is all I can tell you, hvac is not a diy friendly repaired field.

Post Likes

Ruud UGAA.080A Blower motor won’t turn on

That’s an old fan center, that Ruud furnace has to be probably pre 1992. Have you had it serviced to check for a crack in the heat exchanger?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards" ~ Vernon Law

"Skilled Labor Isn't Cheap, Cheap Labor Isn't Skilled" ~ Unknown

"When the teachers become unteachable we're all in trouble"

"It's what you learn after you know it all that counts." ~ John Wooden

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bill View Post
    Have you had it serviced to check for a crack in the heat exchanger?

That unit is more likely early 1980's. I have serviced many of these units and they all have badly corroded heat exchangers.
    Instead of learning the tricks of the trade, learn the trade.

Post Likes
    Early 1980’s...? Geez we have been outsourcing a long time, who knows how long before that, that relay is assembled in Mexico...