Post Likes

Mitsubishi 3T Hyper heat. 45K at 5 degrees ?

Can a 3 ton mitsubishi hyper heat really put out 45,000 btu at 5 degree ?

Anybody have experience with hyper heat units in cold weather. Have a job and customer is requesting Mitsubishi units without backup electric strips or gas. I have a 29.2K load at 9 degrees
    I was quite surprised to see that they claim 45K max output at 5 degrees.

Even the 30K unit claims 28.6 K at 5 degrees. That would put me right on the edge and don't want take that chance.

MXZ-4C36NAHZ_Submittal.pdfMXZ-4C36NAHZ_Submittal.pdf
    "The only way in which a human being can make some approach to knowing the whole of a subject is by hearing what can be said about it by persons of every variety of opinion and studying all modes in which it it can be looked at by every character of mind.
    No wise man ever acquired his wisdom in any mode but this."
    John Stuart Mill

Post Likes
    If that's what Mitsubishi claims it I'll believe them.

NO Backup I wouldn't do it. If or when something breaks what are they going to do?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pecmsg View Post

NO Backup I wouldn't do it. If or when something breaks what are they going to do?
    Call him when its freezing lol. Makes for good winter months work

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk

Post Likes

Everyone should have some form of staying warm if something breaks. Electric blankets, space heaters, etc.

If they want the hyper heat with no backup then give it to them. If you dont, someone else will.

Post Likes
    Had a natural gas unit heater in the shop for years. Mitsubishi Rep was yapping about hyper-heat heating down well below zero. I said he was full of bull. He gave me a personal use price on a Hyper-heat system that was well below distributor cost with the offer to buy it back from me if I wasn’t satisfied.

Our Winters hover between 15 degrees and -25 degrees. Sometimes dipping to the -40 range. Anyway, that system heated the shop all Winter with only a few fires from the unit heater on the coldest days. My utility bill was also way lower. I’m sold on Mitsubishi Hyper-Heat!

I don’t really understand how they can pull heat out of a sub-zero Minnesota Winter, but they do.

Just put a 3 head system in our cabin last weekend. Enjoying the air today, looking forward to the heat in about 2 weeks.
    If God didn't want us to eat animals... He wouldn't have made them out of MEAT.

6. Likes CEAS-AC-TECH liked this post
    Post Likes
    Thanks

Post Likes
    That is quite impressive

Post Likes
    When i was doing start up on a mitsubishi zuba central unit it was around 10f outside. The performance of the unit was impressive i had 65f return and 103 supply.

With these unit you could heat house all year long but no back up is a big risk for customer if something break in the unit.

Post Likes

Folks with gas furnaces don't have backup heat. We as an industry don't insist on putting in an electric duct heat package just in case the ignitor quits. I don't see a huge problem, we just gotta change our thinkin.

Post Likes
    Agreed but there’s just Too many things in heat pumps that can only be supplied by the factory.

Post Likes
    Location comes into play also. In south central Ks we can get 20 below but very rare do we see single digits and that's usually at night, with most daytime temps in the 30's. With a basement you get enough ground heat to keep pipes from freezing even with no heat for weeks. Witnessed it after an ice storm years back.
    Distributors at best are 50-50 shot at having those rare/mitsu only parts, and they're gettin better, but around here how bad does it get.

Post Likes
    They are very impressive. I'm in Jackson Wyoming below zero a lot, and they really do still crank out heat.

Post Likes
    Agree with Pecmsg, there arent to many parts I ever have to order for a gas furnace < 20 y/o. An inducer assembly or ECM module might be it, if my 1% winter design was lower than 30*f the parts houses might stock those as well.