Post Likes

Innovair error E1 - what's wrong with this diagram?

Hello

trying to diagnose an Innovair unit that suddenly died after having worked for a year without issues.

Error E1 pops up, according to the manual:

now looking at this diagram I do not understand the first step. It says Vs is the voltage moving as alternately positive and negative values (measured between the signal line and L2 on a 240V unit), but the arrows say

either "the voltage has been always positive value"
    Or "the voltage has been fixed value"

so basically contradicts itself, if Vs should go up and down from negative to positive....
    I assume the correct behavior is oscillating from - to + and back, so just some PWM signal waveform or so that gets transformed by the reactor coil. If I measure it as DC, I see quick changes from - to +, somewhere around 40 volts amplitude. If I measure it as AC it shows me quick changes from 0 to somewhere around 120V (I guess DC range of the multimeter is slower).

Thus I *assume* the Vs is ok, is this correct?

The diagram contradicts also the online manual at:

https://www.innovair.com/new-solver-1/#toggle-id-3

So I should go and replace or check the reactor coil in the inside unit, right? If it is ok, replace the outdoor PCB and if still error replace indoor PCB.

Anyone ever fixed E1 error on an Innovair?

thanks

Post Likes
    I suppose now the unit has some vibration damage. It starts sometimes for few minutes and then suddenly gets E1 error and dies. When it was running today I slapped the outdoor unit from the side and it suddenly stopped. That would suggest something lose inside I guess? loose cabling? Or could something be wrong with the motherboard?

Btw it is an Innovair vexuss 12k

Post Likes
    Haven't dealt with this issue before, but take the control board out and see if there are any cracks on the solder joints. I think you're on to something when you slapped the outdoor unit. Sounds like a loose connection on the PCB or cable.

Post Likes
    Not sure if you are still having issues but we found their tech center's number. Message me if you still need it.